Favre to the Jets?

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/wcStory?con...8#story=8395848

He could always end up in Minneosota or Chicago...........

Apparently the Packers are saying they may, as a last resort, be willing to trade him to a division rival. Good one Brett, way to kill your legacy and God like status in GB, force them to trade you to a hated division rival.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/wcStory?con...8#story=8395848

He could always end up in Minneosota or Chicago...........

Apparently the Packers are saying they may, as a last resort, be willing to trade him to a division rival. Good one Brett, way to kill your legacy and God like status in GB, force them to trade you to a hated division rival.

Well, not to remind anyone of this, but Thurman played for s stinkin' team based down south. He is still loved all around Lake Erie. Of course, his situation was a hell of a lot different than what Favre has created himself now.

Well, not to remind anyone of this, but Thurman played for s stinkin' team based down south. He is still loved all around Lake Erie. Of course, his situation was a hell of a lot different than what Favre has created himself now.

thats my point though, he didn't retire and then decide the few months of retirement was enough, and force the team to trade him to a division rival. Thurman was free to go to whomever wanted him, and I don't remember there being a huge bidding war for his services. He still thought he could play and the Bills cut ties with him, I can look past that because he didn't force the Bills to do anything. The Favre situation is looking more like someone called Favre and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, so he is forcing the packers to make a move.

If he would have told the Packers he still wanted to play atleast one more year in Feb/March, they would have welcomed him back with open arms. But when you go through the full retirement PC's, and announce you are done for good, but then just before training camp you decide that for some strange reason, you want back after the team has already started the tough task of moving on, things get a little difficult

Just like the Packers, I don't wanna face Favre twice a year either. Yikes!

We'll face him twice, then that'll be it. He'll retire. He'll change his mind. The Jets won't want him back. My only hope is the Jets give up 3 #1 picks for him so they can screw themselves for years to come.

PTR

No way he plays for the Jets. If he doesn't want to play for the Bucs, why would he want to play for the Jets?

What does one have to do with the other? How do you know what situations/teams Favre would or would not like to play for?

And besides, the Packers have some say in the matter as well.

The Favre situation is looking more like someone called Favre and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, so he is forcing the packers to make a move.

Yes. And an active Bre$$ Favre gets more millions from endorsements than a plain ole' retired Brett Favre. TMQ quipped years ago, that the most dangerous space on Earth was that between Brett Favre and a camera. :thumbsup:

Actually, I wouldn't mind Favre going to the Jets. The Bills have a pretty food record against Mr. Favre. The likes of JP (in 2006) and RJ (in 2000) managed to take care of ol' number 4. Of course, Bledsoe and the gang lost to the Packers at Lambeau in 2003, but it wasn't like Favre did much in that game. 10-0 if I remember correctly.

What does one have to do with the other? How do you know what situations/teams Favre would or would not like to play for?

The Bucs are closer to winning a championship than the Jets are. And Gruden is a WCO disciple, which would make for a much easier transition, again versus the Jets. That's what one has to do with the other.

And besides, the Packers have some say in the matter as well.

Not really. It's either trade him where he wants, or he'll show up to camp.