Say WHAT?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find funny that the word "liberal" is slowly becoming an insult both sides of the Atlantic for the exact opposite reasons!!

While the american liberal is more or less seen by many americans like a damned communist under disguise, the european liberal is seen by most europeans like a blood thirsty capitalist.

the worst part being i'm a liberal both in the US and in Europe!

Back to the original thread topic of proper tire inflation. Ok, so even if every American properly inflated their tires how many of them are going to keep them properly inflated and how is this going to be promoted? Tire pressure checkpoints? Americans are notoriously lazy so I see this whole benefit working a total of one month.

I always find funny that the word "liberal" is slowly becoming an insult both sides of the Atlantic for the exact opposite reasons!!

While the american liberal is more or less seen by many americans like a damned communist under disguise, the european liberal is seen by most europeans like a blood thirsty capitalist.

the worst part being i'm a liberal both in the US and in Europe!

I don't agree with all things liberal or all things conservative, but I heard a caller on CSPAN the other day that was downright depressing- he called liberalism a mental disorder. Liberals believe what they do, because they think it will make America a better country- same can be said for conservatives- both are right on some issues, wrong on others. To be so narrow minded is a shame, and quite often, detrimental.

Back to the original thread topic of proper tire inflation. Ok, so even if every American properly inflated their tires how many of them are going to keep them properly inflated and how is this going to be promoted? Tire pressure checkpoints? Americans are notoriously lazy so I see this whole benefit working a total of one month.

Only one way to guarantee all tires are properly inflated --- New multibillion dollar government agency

But one thing that really concerns me about this tire inflation thing, is where are we going to get all this air to inflate the tires? Won't we need the oxygen and other gasses in the air to offset all of the man made CO2 which the infallable Al Gore has proven without a doubt to cause Global Warming®

Maybe we should start selling Oxygen credits

Only one way to guarantee all tires are properly inflated --- New multibillion dollar government agency

But one thing that really concerns me about this tire inflation thing, is where are we going to get all this air to inflate the tires? Won't we need the oxygen and other gasses in the air to offset all of the man made CO2 which the infallable Al Gore has proven without a doubt to cause Global Warming®

And what about the taxes? The $60B in lost oil company profit equates to about a $30B reduction in federal tax revenue. How do we make up that tax shortfall? We'll have to tax air...

Oh that one's easy, Washington. Hot air works just as well right?

You mean people taking personal responsability of themselves and trying to reduce our dependency on foreign oil? You mean the hundreds of ways that they could improve their gas mileage?

You mean people taking personal responsability of themselves and trying to reduce our dependency on foreign oil? You mean the hundreds of ways that they could improve their gas mileage......like only driving down hill.

Oh man, that's just not going to work.

Oh that one's easy, Washington. Hot air works just as well right?

I see three problems with your solution:

1: Hot air rises. So the tire pressure at the top will be higher than the pressure at the bottom. Unfortunately the bottom of the tire is what comes in contact with the road, so there won't be any real gain in tire pressure

2: How are we going to transport all of that hot air from Washington to the rest of the country

3: If we figure out a solution to my second problem (how to transport), I'm still concerned with how the hot air from Washington will react with the smug clouds above San Fransisco, Boston, and anywhere near Barak Obama

Oh man, that's just not going to work.

makes me think of one of my friends back in my student days in Lyon. He was living up the Fourviere Hill and as he was always in dire straits he used to cut his engine to save gas during the 2-3 miles the road was really going down hill ... in the middle of peak hour traffic with an old Citroen 2CV... scary!! i wonder how he survived the 4 full years of his studies...

Oh I know. We can give notrogen tanks to the bums on the corners who wash your windows. Instead of washing windows with dirty rags they fill your tires with nitrogen. Government can pay for it, and probably do it real cheap. I am sure it will be less than 100 billion per year. Of course we'd need a bum training program and bum placement program so there isn't too many bums consolidated in one area.

Hell this could be tagged, "The Bum on every corner" campaign.

The Republicans abolished slavery.

They were a part of it- but when you think about it, America really abolished slavery. The slaves saw freedom, wanted it, fought for it. They got help from those who knew that slavery was evil, and with eventual help from the government, it was finally eliminated.

It started with the people- without that, the government never would have acted

They were a part of it- but when you think about it, America really abolished slavery. The slaves saw freedom, wanted it, fought for it. They got help from those who knew that slavery was evil, and with eventual help from the government, it was finally eliminated.

It started with the people- without that, the government never would have acted

Actually no. It was actually a lot of foreign influence. The whole civil war, north vs. south, thing had little to do with freeing slaves, and more to do with the industrial revolution. The republicans had to wrap it in different flavors in order to keep certain states in the union. Maryland was one, they kept slavery throughout the war.

Keep believing that it wasn't pushed by Lincoln and the repubs. It was. But just like modern day government it tooks lots of wrangling and politicing to get it passed, with lot of concessions. If Jefferson Davis had won, slavery likely would have continued for at least another 20 years. The repubs winning control and passing their agenda, while causing the eventual war (would have happened sooner or later), that how.

Of course the people had a say since they elected the repubs and their agenda. You'd be stupid to think otherwise. But just as the people voted against Gore and kerry, less than they voted for Bush, it meant they had no desire to have their way of life crippled and destroyed so a couple of paid off stupid politicians could put forth an agenda that most people realized would sell ou t the US and move most jobs oveseas where manufacturing would have nearly as tight of controls.