Say WHAT?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No read up above. They already have things in place where they can start pumping 6 million barrels a day extra in 3 years or less. 5 years is all they nead to stand up a lot more, and the shale processing would be by 2017.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just trying to explain his 9er multiplier.

He thinks tire pressure will have a 9 year head start on increased drilling.

9 years, the amount of time before we'd see any oil from offshore drilling.

And you're wrong. It's three and in the first year we'd have over 5 times the amount saved in tire inflation monitoring. Not only that how many more government personel would monitor your tire inflation technique, when you get pulled over the police will check your tires, your air filter, and your tuneup receipts.

WTF people get a reality check.

And you're wrong. It's three and in the first year we'd have over 5 times the amount saved in tire inflation monitoring. Not only that how many more government personel would monitor your tire inflation technique, when you get pulled over the police will check your tires, your air filter, and your tuneup receipts.

WTF people get a reality check.

Whats your source for 3 years? 2017 is taken directly from the US Department of Energy. And no one implied that this is something that would be enforced by the goverment.

Whats your source for 3 years? 2017 is taken directly from the US Department of Energy. And no one implied that this is something that would be enforced by the goverment.

I posted it above. It isn't just off shore, it's also Louisiana swamp land, alaska, etc... They estimate that 6 million can be flowing from those limited areas within 3 years. Off shore in 5.

And if they don't enforce it, then how do you get this magical billin gallon a day savings? People are creatures of habit. If under inflated, dirty, etc... now, it will be then as well.

This is just bull sh--, you know and so does everyone else.

So why shouldn't people keep their tires properly inflated and the US drill for more oil?

So why shouldn't people keep their tires properly inflated and the US drill for more oil?

I actually don't care if we drill for more oil offshore I just think it's being misrepresented by McCain as a quick fix to high gas prices. I also think that the crap Obama is taking for his tire inflation suggestion is unfair.

I actually don't care if we drill for more oil offshore I just think it's being misrepresented by McCain as a quick fix to high gas prices.

And inflating your tires is being misrepresented by Obama as getting anywhere close to offshore drilling capabilities. :unsure:

Would you care to correct me then rather than just making a smartass response please?

Sure, although it looks like there's already been a rush to do just that.

1) maybe you can explain to me how common knowledge is suddenly 'Obama's plan'. Especially as you provide a link to a website that has been advising people to properly inflate their tires for years!

2) I also don't know know where you are getting the 4 million figure from as I don't see it on the webpage you provided.

3) Your math assumes 100% participation from every American in inflating their cars' tires. Pretty unlikely and therefore your entire assumption is bullsh--. When it comes to offshore drilling, our success will not rely on each of 300,000,000 people to go out and drill their portion.

4) Your 9 year timeframe seems likewise to be dubious from a perspective of using it in a formula. No ramp-up period on the drilling? We'll go from zero to full production overnight? Financial incentives inherent in the private sector will not speed that timeframe up?

5) My favorite one (as a bean counter); please explain how exactly 13 billion gallons of gas is going to "cost" US oil companies $52 billion dollars? Did the cost of crude drop to zero today? Same with the cost of transportation? and labor? and taxes? No costs at all of running a company that sells a product for $4/gallon? :lol: But hey, at least you got to work in your stupid ass "McCain's oil company overlords" characterization. :unsure:

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

I posted it above. It isn't just off shore, it's also Louisiana swamp land, alaska, etc... They estimate that 6 million can be flowing from those limited areas within 3 years. Off shore in 5.

And if they don't enforce it, then how do you get this magical billin gallon a day savings? People are creatures of habit. If under inflated, dirty, etc... now, it will be then as well.

This is just bull sh--, you know and so does everyone else.

Oh, that's easy. Hire 1,000,000 tire pressure checkers to roam the streets with a gauge.

4) Your 9 year timeframe seems likewise to be dubious from a perspective of using it in a formula. No ramp-up period on the drilling? We'll go from zero to full production overnight? Financial incentives inherent in the private sector will not speed that timeframe up?

From the US Deptment of Energy

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017. Total domestic production of crude oil from 2012 through 2030 in the OCS access case is projected to be 1.6 percent higher than in the reference case, and 3 percent higher in 2030 alone, at 5.6 million barrels per day. For the lower 48 OCS, annual crude oil production in 2030 is projected to be 7 percent higher—2.4 million barrels per day in the OCS access case compared with 2.2 million barrels per day in the reference case (Figure 20). Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

So McCain's solution to high gas prices is one that requires waiting to 2017 and that would be "insignificant" to oil prices. Think about this, why have gas prices been falling lately? It's because of decreased demand, exactly what Obama is suggesting.

5) My favorite one (as a bean counter); please explain how exactly 13 billion gallons of gas is going to "cost" US oil companies $52 billion dollars? Did the cost of crude drop to zero today? Same with the cost of transportation? and labor? and taxes? No costs at all of running a company that sells a product for $4/gallon? :lol: But hey, at least you got to work in your stupid ass "McCain's oil company overlords" characterization. :unsure:

Umm if "Big Oil" sells 13 billion less gallons of gas at 4$ a gallon wouldn't it stand to reason that's 52 billion dollars that they will never see?

Also people think that every barrel of oil goes to gasoline.

What about plastics?

That's true.

Umm if "Big Oil" sells 13 billion less gallons of gas at 4$ a gallon wouldn't it stand to reason that's 52 billion dollars that they will never see?

Umm..that stands to reason if you can't understand the difference between revenue and profit. Do you really not understand that it would cost them $47B to produce and distribute the product that sells for $52B?

Also people think that every barrel of oil goes to gasoline.

What about plastics?

Good point. Yet another huge hole in lil's math. Good thing he'll still go to bed tonight completely unshaken in his belief on Obama's phony numbers.

Not making very much then huh?

:unsure:

Asking you to understand an ROI analysis is a bit much, huh? At least lil is trying.

Boy, five billion dollars sure sounds like a lot of money! I can't even imagine that much money so they must not be paying enough taxes!

Umm..that stands to reason if you can't understand the difference between revenue and profit. Do you really not understand that it would cost them $47B to produce and distribute the product that sells for $52B?

We're still talking about 5 billion dollars of profit that they would never see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point. Yet another huge hole in lil's math. Good thing he still go to bed tonight completely unshaken in his belief on Obama's phony numbers.

You are the rudest poster I've ever seen on this board. It's no wonder PPP has the reputation it does.