Say WHAT?

John McCain now supports properly inflated tires. On a conference call with Philadelphia voters Tuesday night, McCain offered support for the fuel-saving tip.

"And could I mention that Sen. Obama a couple of days ago said that we ought to all inflate our tires, and I don't disagree with that," he said on the call. "The American Automobile Association strongly recommends it. But I also don't think that that's a way to become energy independent." Of course neither does Obama.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John McCain now supports properly inflated tires.

He "now" supports properly inflated tires? Has he ever stated that he didn't support properly inflated tires? Has anyone?

Give me a break. The issue isn't that Obama said people should have their tires inflated, it's that he said that was a substitute for all the oil we could be drilling domestically.

I find it hard to believe that we don't have the technology to accomplish this quickly- I am saying I would like it to be that quickly, I am not saying it is possible. Someone in my line of work couldn't possibly be certain about that.

But even if the technology was available tomorrow, tens of millions of homes and businesses are heated via oil systems; tens of millions of new cars are on the road with current technology, trucking, shipping, farm equipment, manufacturing process for plastics, etc. How long and how much money will it take to replace all those systems? I'm no expert, but I'm guessing decades. And of course we don't know when and if such better options will be available. As long as Teddy's view is more important than powering all of Cape Cod with wind farms in the bay, I'm not real optimistic that it's going to happen anytime soon.

What I do know, is it would be much easier if our government took care of things HERE, before going from country to country trying to fix things over there while everybody else passes us by.

Agree with you on that.

Are you suggesting that at some previous point in time he (or anyone) was against properly inflating tires? :(

A few weeks ago. "Everyone should under-inflate their tires, mis-gap their spark plugs, and start and stop as hard as possible."

The Jew Media censored it, though. :thumbsup:

But even if the technology was available tomorrow, tens of millions of homes and businesses are heated via oil systems; tens of millions of new cars are on the road with current technology, trucking, shipping, farm equipment, manufacturing process for plastics, etc. How long and how much money will it take to replace all those systems? I'm no expert, but I'm guessing decades. And of course we don't know when and if such better options will be available. As long as Teddy's view is more important than powering all of Cape Cod with wind farms in the bay, I'm not real optimistic that it's going to happen anytime soon.

Agree with you on that.

I completely understand what you are saying about the changing costs- but what scares me is how finite a resource oil is. We consume a ton of it, and how a low percentage of the world's oil. Our consumption is only going to go up, not down. When we use up the oil that is present in our country, the cost of foreign oil is bound to increase astronomically.

I'd rather pay the changing costs while we still have oil to use than face an energy crisis that dwarfs what we have now- imagine not having oil AND not having changed over. It will be costly to make the change- and this is a bad time for us economically, but if we have a more serious shortage, we are sunk.

I think the answer is cut back on the tax breaks for the oil companies, but don't eliminate them (of course) and start giving tax breaks to companies developing alternatives. The closer we get, the more the tax breaks shift towards alternatives and away from oil- that will help enact the change with minimal government interference

You seen Cindy?

You mean the gal whose husband offered her up for the "Miss Cow Patty" contest?

No kiddin. He really did.

And then he found out it was a topless contest.

I bet she was thrilled.

Dumbass.

I say create a Department of Tire Inflation Police. The police stop cars and check tire inflation ,if the tires are not properly inflated, the driver loses his /her license and the car is taken off the road. Now there is a real gas saver. :D Plus having the added effect of creating employment for these police.After attending a proper tire inflation course for say three years the driver can be reinstated with his car. More jobs for teachers teaching this course, teachers must be certified through the Government Tire inflation Academy.

"http://z4.invisionfree.com/Popular_Technology/index.php?showtopic=2050"

Holy crap. Did anyone bother to click on this link? This guy makes Pyrite look sorry. I can't even imagine posts like that. Apparently he takes his "Al Gore's New Clothes" stance seriously enough to write that much. I don't know who is the bigger jackass, Gore, or, "Andrew".

I'll gine you one thing: He would have caught Manbearpig!

Ha! How funny is it that South Park is more relevant than Al Gore? If anybody is "out of touch" it's the Nobel Prize committee. Lord knows how dry their balls are. Imaginaaaaaation land. :D

:censored: Typical liberal response.

You know what got us out of the Depression? WWII. Not "programs". War.

As far as "abolishing slavery" or "giving civil rights to minorities", those aren't the domain of liberals or conservatives.

If you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Yeah, and what got Germany out of the Depression first? War. Damn Germans. Ahead of us again.

Oh, and I thought raising Hitler or Germany = automatic loss, according to you. :lol:

Actually no. If you go back to the root cause of the civil war slavery was really not a major issue. It was the whole industrial revolution and big business bringing power and wealth to the common person, and taking it from the elite plantation owners. they didn't like that knowing that they would lose money to the businesses. So it was really the few who wanted power over most, who fought the then emerging middle class north.

Exactly. Those slave owners were the WHig party, which desolved in the 1850's and became the democrats who wantedto maintain their slave owner ship, and riches that they controlled. Not the sharing of wealth and land and having the commoner actually get ahead.

Blasphemy! Don't you know that Democrats have been the best friend the black people could ever hope for since forever? Don't you know that they base their ethos(when it's convenient) on Thomas Jefferson(who of course never owned a slave because he was a 'Democrat'...let's see how many idiots this one catches)? Nothing like trawling for Elliots or Jusnzane's. How much you wanna bet we catch a whole lot of dumbass on this one? Also, can't wait for John Adams to show up and tell us that Democrats always were in agreement with him. That's when the retard rodeo will really get into full effect.

The only thing is: Whigs? Whigs weren't so much pro-slavery as they were pro-Hamilton. But that's another thread.

:sick:

My political ideology is funny. I'd still consider myself more of a "liberal" than anything, but without a doubt in the "classical liberal" sense. Still, I identify more with the Libertarians than anything else at the present moment.

If you try to peg me on a north-south, east-west grid, I'm right on the border of liberal and libertarian.

It's rather amusing to me, because I get pegged as everything: Republican, Democrat, liberal (stuckincincy thinks I'm a die-hard liberal), conservative.

I argue on here with all the people supporting Obama, and then turn around and argue with the hard-core supporters of McCain in my family. :lol:

Yes, being a pain in everyone's ass is difficult. The good news is that when you lay your head down on the pillow, you get to laugh at the flagellation of the sycophants on both sides, and you get to sleep clean. Little comfort to be sure, but it always gets me a little smile at the end of the day.

He "now" supports properly inflated tires? Has he ever stated that he didn't support properly inflated tires? Has anyone?

Give me a break. The issue isn't that Obama said people should have their tires inflated, it's that he said that was a substitute for all the oil we could be drilling domestically.

Actually never said it was a substitute - just something that could instantly help. Funny how the idea was mocked, then ooops Obama's right.

So in other words, Obama is ripping off old GOP ideas?

Let's hear it for ChangeTM

You would think McCain would have known about it then huh? Great campaign staff. Let's hear it for nothing from McCain.

So I guess that proves that McCain isn't just a rehash of prior GOP ideas, huh?

Or that he doesn't pay attention? Maybe to old to remember? Campaign staff doesn't do their homework before they mock the other candidate? Great candidate!! :D

Actually never said it was a substitute - just something that could instantly help. Funny how the idea was mocked, then ooops Obama's right.

Actually he said:

"There are things you can do individually, though, to save energy," Obama said. "Making sure your tires are properly inflated – simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling – if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? You'd actually save just as much!"

"You could save just as much." Yeah, it doesn't sound like he's suggesting that's a substitute at all. :D:censored::sick:

Sorry to break it to you, but your Chosen One is really just an idiot who needs a teleprompter to keep him away from saying ignorant things like this.