Question about Disability Access at St. J-Fisher

I may plop into camp this year for the first time since the good ol days in Fredonia. St. John's Fisher sounds very impressive.

One of the challenges I am considering though is that if one attends with a person in a wheelchair, how will the handicap access issues work.

Due to the People with Disabilities Act, anything constructed in the modern world (as much as the training camp was) would need to make reasonable accomidations for folks with disabilities. However, camp is camp and though there may be both a legal and business reasons for doing this, the devil is in the details.

I know for example, one parks some distance from the practice fields and must grab a shuttle bus to the play. While fortunately for us the disability would allow the person to cane up the steps rather than have their wheelchair ramped onto a bus, generally the preference would be to have the wheelchair with us for when exhaustion of a hot day or traversing the NFL experience makes a wheelchair useful or necessary for longer distance transport.

Has anyone had any experiences with overcoming disability at St. John's Fisher?

Many thanks for any useful guidance.

It's been a couple years since I was there, but I thought the access was pretty good. The buses have lifts, all of the public areas seem to have paved paths. I don't remember about shaded areas. Obviously the stands themselves are probably not accessible (I could be wrong).

Think you covered it pretty well. Instead of going to the main entrance (which involves stairs), PG, you can get in the gate close to the bus stops. If the team is in the stadium, there's HP seating in the front of the stands. Over on the grass fields, they'll let people on wheels park right next to the fence. You'd definitely want to take the chair with you, though -- it would be quite a walk with canes.

Here's a map of the site: http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/CampMap.pdf

They have a Bus for the wheelchairs - You can enter the camp to the right of the main stairway they have two gate keepers. I'm not sure if they scan the night tickets there but they will accomodate you.

When they play on the grass there is a section at the fence for wheelchairs.

When they are in the stadium on the turf there are handicapped sections. There is also a portapotty that is handicapped.

Go and have fun.