"W"

K-Gun10

Ive been saying this is going to be super controversal.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25920230#25920230

Pease give thoughts

Typical, and obvious, Oliver Stone effort to air his disdain for the Bushes in particular, and the Republican party in general, in an attempt to influence the upcoming election (and scheduled to air just 18 days prior). Stone's tried it before, so has Michael Moore, so have others. The electorate is intelligent enough to see it for exactly what it is - garbage, and fiction.

(Particularly loved the ficticious dialog from the ficticious scolding of 'W' by Bush 41 - "Partying, driving drunk, chasing tail - just who do you think you are? A Kennedy?")

Judging from that preview and other things I've read, I think it's going to be so "over the top" and ridiculous that both Dems and Republicans will probably laugh at it. I do imagine it's going to score pretty high on the unintentional comedy scale also.

Judging from that preview and other things I've read, I think it's going to be so "over the top" and ridiculous that both Dems and Republicans will probably laugh at it. I do imagine it's going to score pretty high on the unintentional comedy scale also.

Exactly. They might as well have cast Will Ferrell as "W" instead of Josh Brolin.

Typical, and obvious, Oliver Stone effort to air his disdain for the Bushes in particular, and the Republican party in general, in an attempt to influence the upcoming election (and scheduled to air just 18 days prior). Stone's tried it before, so has Michael Moore, so have others. The electorate is intelligent enough to see it for exactly what it is - garbage, and fiction.

(Particularly loved the ficticious dialog from the ficticious scolding of 'W' by Bush 41 - "Partying, driving drunk, chasing tail - just who do you think you are? A Kennedy?")

I think you are giving them way too much credit. Look at how many people flock to whatever crap Michael Moore is putting out and take what he says as 100% fact. Moore has a way of getting his point accross in a fun and entertaining way, although it usually seems very dumbed down to me, and people eat it up. Just like the people he are trying to make look wrong in his films, he has an agenda too, and he will edit and use only the points thatpush his views accross instead of trying to be unbiased and not have a hidden agenda.

I think you are giving them way too much credit. Look at how many people flock to whatever crap Michael Moore is putting out and take what he says as 100% fact. Moore has a way of getting his point accross in a fun and entertaining way, although it usually seems very dumbed down to me, and people eat it up. Just like the people he are trying to make look wrong in his films, he has an agenda too, and he will edit and use only the points thatpush his views accross instead of trying to be unbiased and not have a hidden agenda.

Agreed - even I like Michael Moore's work, or at least find it funny and entertaining, but wasn't it Moore that GUARANTEED - very confidently, and very loudly - a democratic victory in the last Presidential election? While he was supporting Wesley Clark's candidacy in the primaries? How'd all that work out for him?

Those guys all have their own agendas, but so does every voter. Usually it based on their personal economic situation, then national security - social issues are way down on the list. Moore and Stone are just stupid enough, and arrogant enough, to think their agenda is of any concern at all to the average voter.

Those guys all have their own agendas, but so does every voter. Usually it based on their personal economic situation, then national security - social issues are way down on the list. Moore and Stone are just stupid enough, and arrogant enough, to think their agenda is of any concern at all to the average voter.

Thank you. You are 100% correct.

Because the economy is bad (but there has been some good news), I think Obama will probably win. But, if the economy becomes better in the next 3 months, who knows?

Moore and Stone think they can preach to the Great Unwashed because they are both rich and hey, they both have Oscars, too. Angelina Jolie has an Oscar. Do you think I give a rat's rump about what she thinks?

Given that his friggin administration was so over the top that both dems and republicans are laughing at him, I can't imagine the movie doing worse. The PPP crowd will probably be offended.

Wow!

I thought that there was nothing more painful than watching the "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" trailer. I was obviously wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out what I just saw. Is this drama? Comedy? Camp? Exploitation?

Well Oliver Stone has'nt had a hit since.............hmmmm :thumbsup:, so he'll keep his streak of ineptitude going along.

I guess I should'nt be surprised at how this movie looks, as it comes from a director who thinks that Fidel Castro is a swell guy.

OMFG - Are you kidding me? Wow, that looks like that will BOMB..Who in the hell will pay to see that? If I didn't know it was a serious movie before watching the clip I swear I would have said it was from MadTV or Saturday Night Live...

So at least some of the movie is about how GB was a party animal in college ? Stop the presses ! :thumbsup::bag: Who freaking cares?