Brett Farve and the Packers

K-Gun10

As for Garcia and TB, thats ok, I think they still have about 10 more QB's on staff to move in and take over

Yeah, but they all suck. (Apologies to Brian Griese fans, if there are any of you out there ... )

For the love of the game, that is the one reason I respect the hell out of Favre. There aren't too many folks in the world today who would turn down 20 million bucks to sit around their house.

All the reports I've read out of Jets camp have Pennington performing head and shoulders above Clemens. The Jets would be lost w/o Pennington.

Unless they were trying to gauge interest, so they can make room for Favre? They are better with Favre/Clemens than Pennington/Clemens, wouldn't you agree?

The Packers talked to the Jets and Bucs about trading for Favre, but Favre refuses to talk with those teams. He wants to be traded to the Bears or Vikings.

Both NFC North teams. Sounds like he'll be waiting for a while, then.

Listening to McCarthy and Thompson yesterday, it sounded almost like they were talking tough, but conceding that Favre might be back...if that happens, no way they can keep him on the bench. I understand why the Packers are frustrated/pissed at Favre, but to block him from playing for another team (no matter what team it is) , and not let him compete for his old job, is making them look very, very bad. People can argue that Favre is being selfish, but what about the Packers? They want it all ways...

What are they so afraid of? They give that laughable excuse that they are worried about him tarnishing his image, but their own mis-handling of this whole thing has done more to tarnish both Favre, and the Packers image, IMO. Could you imagine the Celtics handling Larry Bird like this? They may not want to believe that Favre is bigger than the Packers, but, he put this franchise on the modern NFL road map...remember the good old days, whe Lou Saban would threaten his players, by telling them he would ship them off to Green Bay?

Both NFC North teams. Sounds like he'll be waiting for a while, then.

I don't think so. From the sounds of it, if he's not traded to one of those teams, he showing up to camp as a backup QB. That will create enormous headaches for them.

I don't think so. From the sounds of it, if he's not traded to one of those teams, he showing up to camp as a backup QB. That will create enormous headaches for them.

More so than the fan mutiny they'll be dealing with if they trade him within the division? And far as I know, he doesn't have a trade-approval clause in his contract. Nope, the way I see it, they'd be better off letting him show up, then dealing from a position of strength once someone else's QB goes down.

Like Garcia, whose head coach happens to be an old Green Bay assistant ...

More so than the fan mutiny they'll be dealing with if they trade him within the division? And far as I know, he doesn't have a trade-approval clause in his contract. Nope, the way I see it, they'd be better off letting him show up, then dealing from a position of strength once someone else's QB goes down.

Trading him within the division is the latest word I heard. Apparently those 2 teams are the only ones Favre wants to play for if he's traded. And if Favre refuses to play for any other potential suitor, the Packers have no position of strength.

But apparently the Bears don't want Favre "at this time." Not that they have any WR's worth a darn, which is why I'm puzzled by Favre wanting to go there.

Like Garcia, whose head coach happens to be an old Green Bay assistant ...

Garcia suffered a calf strain. Nothing too serious.

Jeff Garcia last played a full 16-game season in 2002.

Why do you think Favre wants to stay within the division? For the same reason Ted Thompson will do everything he can to get No. 4 out of it.

I still say the Jets are where it lands...posted 6 minutes ago, for what it is worth!

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/pbcs.d...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

"The Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the only teams that have permission to speak with Favre about a potential trade for now. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, has been in talks with the Jets, who have shown a growing interest, but Cook has not been working closely with the Buccaneers, according to two sources.

Favre would have to sign off on any trade before a new team would be willing to give up compensation for him, because if he refuses to report to the new team’s camp, the trade would be voided. The extent of Cook’s talks with the Jets means Favre at least is considering playing for them."