Better off without Peters?

The literal answer to your question is, no we are not better off. However, the possibility of less-than-full-recovery from the injury may be one of the reasons why Brandon wants to see him in camp before talking about a renegotiation.

...and it may not be a reason at all. Maybe, Brandon is hurt because he has always had a "thing" for Jason. Maybe not.

I am not sure, since the infamous Paul Seymour trade to the Steelers for Frank Lewis that any team ever enters into a contract, new or an extension, without requiring proof of fitness such as a physical nor do I know of any player ever refusing to meet that requirement. If that is what the Bills want and Peters is refusing, it would be the first instance I am aware of where a player seeking a new contract was not willing to prove his fitness by forking over all of his medical records and submitting to whatever physical tests the team's doctors require.

yeah, because probowl LT are so easy to find. In fact, why would any team want a guy like that? Its not like he is in a critical position on offense or plays any roll in the running game.

I say forget him and start some noname backup lineman.... :thumbsup:

Exactly, he is a nuisance, dump him. I am sick and tired of his "look at me, look at me, I'm an all-pro" BS. If we keep good players on our roster we risk ruining our spotless streak of missing the play offs. Signing him would seriously endanger our reputation of suckitude.

no.

Hear me out...I don't believe Peter's is healed from his injury...He's a big boy and groin injuries do take a lot of time to heal...So would you rather have an over paid LT that might be injured over someone who is healthy and playing their hearts out on the field?

Just food for thought

To all the people who think the holdout is trying to hide an injury:

WAKE UP! Don't you people realize that before they give him any negotiated $, he's going to take a physical. So therefore, your premise that he is hiding an injury while trying to get more $ is completely absurd. Please show some logical thinking.

The injury is called "sports hernia" or "athletic pupalgia".

LJ Smith of the Eagles had the same surgery, on May 31 and he is doing contact work in camp as of Tuesday. Jason's surgery took place in January so he has had 5 additional months to recover. There has been no report of his having been readmitted, regressed or had any complication. The surgery was reported to be successful by Chris Brown when it happened. I know of no public report that would indicate that he hasn't had a full and complete recovery.

Upon what evidence do you base your belief that the injury has not healed?

And if the guy playing his heart out on the field is getting schooled every play while our fragile QB is getting pounded, I think I'd take a chance on the all-pro, banged up or no.

I have no evidence of any injury...but it's odd for a player not to have any contact with the team ALL OFF SEASON and the fact the Bills are being open to discuss a new contract with the ONLY condition that he shows up at camp.... Who knows how bad his injury was, maybe he's protecting himself and if I'm the Bills I would want to be sure what I'm getting.

just put the pieces together.

I have no evidence of any injury...but it's odd for a player not to have any contact with the team ALL OFF SEASON and the fact the Bills are being open to discuss a new contract with the ONLY condition that he shows up at camp.... Who knows how bad his injury was, maybe he's protecting himself and if I'm the Bills I would want to be sure what I'm getting.

just put the pieces together.

See my post above-the pieces fall apart WHEN HE TAKES HIS PHYSICAL-which all contracts are subject to.

To all the people who think the holdout is trying to hide an injury:

WAKE UP! Don't you people realize that before they give him any negotiated $, he's going to take a physical. So therefore, your premise that he is hiding an injury while trying to get more $ is completely absurd. Please show some logical thinking.

Yes - people realize that.

When you are selling a product or a service, you want to show it in the best light.

Peters is selling a service to a business that requires a clean bill of health. Why not submit to a physical, removing any doubts? Seems to me that that would only improve Peters' and Parkers' (Peter Parker? - Spidey! :thumbsup: ) negotiating position...

What the fans think about all this counts, too. The NFL sells itself by garnering emotional attachment from their customers. They often get substantial public funding for their places of business. Nobody goes out and buys Toyota jerseys or tailgates in a Wal-Mart parking lot on Sunday morning.