Fantasy football help

DreamOnDan

Since the beginning of the season my team went from ok to very good thanks to the help of you guys. Thanks. Ok, Portis has a bye and I need somebody to replace him this week only. I currently have Eddie George who I just aquired in a trade to get Reggie Wayne. Should I keep George against the Packers or should I pick up T Henry against Bal, M Bennett who is returning this week, K Jones who should see his first start in 4 games, or Chestor Taylor who is filling in for a run oriented team and has good hands? I'm leaning towards Taylor but who knows anything about this guy?

I wouldn't start Henry vs. Baltimore. I'm assuming Reuben Droughns is unavailable? Pick up Mewelde Moore if you can. He's Culpepper's 2nd favorite receiver and he can get you 100 yd games. Michael Bennett is supposed to see limited action.

You do have a very difficult choice. Eddie George is probably worth about 70 yards tops and maybe one TD. Travis Henry will be in a split carry mode and probably only worth 50 to 60 yards and nothing receiving. Michael Bennett will get limited snaps as the Vikings are pleased with their rookie from Tulane Melwade Moore, but the Lions should feed Kevin Jones this week, plus they should put up a good effort against the Giants.

Based on the alternatives you have, I say go with Kevin Jones or see if you can pick-up Willis this late in the season.

Since the beginning of the season my team went from ok to very good thanks to the help of you guys.  Thanks.  Ok, Portis has a bye and I need somebody to replace him this week only.  I currently have Eddie George who I just aquired in a trade to get Reggie Wayne.  Should I keep George against the Packers or should I pick up T Henry against Bal, M Bennett who is returning this week, K Jones who should see his first start in 4 games, or Chestor Taylor who is filling in for a run oriented team and has good hands?  I'm leaning towards Taylor but who knows anything about this guy?

75856[/snapback]

Do I understand correctly that Bennett, Henry, Jones and Taylor are ALL on the wiaver wire???

George might do all right vs. the Packs Swiss D and Taylor will get carries simply because of Bollers enormous sucktitude. Another option...and it pains me to say this.... but Sammy Morris is probably available.

If Henry plays, I see him giving up more carries to Mcgahee against Baltimore's D...not a good option.

Who knows what Tice will do in Minny. Bennett can take it to the house on any play, but Moore is the shiftier back and a better reciever. Not to mention Bennett will probably pull his mangina on the first play back.

Avoid Detroit like the plague. I think the honeymoon is over for them. Their only true weapon is gimped up right now, plus Jones and Pinner couldn't manage 40yds combined against GB last week, and the Packers have one of the worst run D's in the league.

- Kevbeau

Thanks guys, how about a couple of more opinions. Mewelde Moore is already taken, but Sammy Morris is available. The whole deal is that I have Portis on a bye this week and McAllister on a bye next week. You are right I do have a tough choice. And yes we do have all of this talent on the waiver wire because in our semi-retarded league we only have one backup at every position which really puts some great players out there every week. For instance, last week I picked up Jamal Lewis and then traded him for Reggie Wayne. I know that this is a little stupid on my part but I had Moulds, Gardner, and Givens to compliment Portis and McAllister. Now it looks like a decent deal. Also I am going to drop Givens and pick up either Toomer, Clayton, Fitzgerald, Porter, or McCardell. Any body know some inside information on these guys?

Guest Fantasyfootball Goldenboy

For your RB pick up Chester Taylor. Their entire offense is geared to run the ball. Just because Jamal is out that does not mean they will become pass happy. Chester has filled in quite well for Jamal in the past.

Add WR McCardell for a receiver of those you mentioned. We will be the #1 guy there within 2 weeks. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and has something to prove.

Also I am going to drop Givens and pick up either Toomer, Clayton, Fitzgerald, Porter, or McCardell.  Any body know some inside information on these guys?

76505[/snapback]

RB's:

Bennett: With the way Moore is playing, Bennett will get a few carries at most to slowly get him back in the flow.

Henry: As said, he will be playing slightly injured and will lose carries to WM

Jones: I think he only had 2 carries last week. He's another week healthier and should get more touches. He has upside, but he's a gamble.

Taylor: Buffalo has a good Run D (The Sammy Morris enigma doesn't count!). Not the greatest week to play him.

I would go with George this week vs. GB. They have a horrible Run D, and he should get the goal line carries if nothing else.

WR's

Toomer: I stay away from him like the plauge! He looks so good one week, and then sucks for 4 or five straight. He's a fantasy football SIREN.

Porter: Really good reciever, but Collins is blowing it.

McCardell: If you can afford to have him plug up a roster spot for 2 weeks, I'd pick him up. He has to learn the system and get back into football shape, but he should do well in SD by week 10 or so.

For points this week I would go with Clayton. He is getting better every week, and seems to be the go-to guy in Tampa. I know that isn't saying too much, but they are home against Chicago this week, and he should do okay.