Man shoots up church for its liberal views

Oh, I see. So making it harder for that guy to find a job because you are legally discriminating in favor of blacks, and jacking up that guy's taxes so that corrupt politicians can waste more of his money is the 'positive, open-minded message' that would have made the difference here? Good grief! Maybe you should think about why you are attacked when you spew that kind of nonsense.

So he couldn't find a job because of affirmative action? He's not responsible for his inability to hold down a job?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he couldn't find a job because of affirmative action? He's not responsible for his inability to hold down a job?

Next time try to follow the line of conversation molson.

Everyone is responsible for holding down their own job. Which is exactly why affirmative action is bullsh--.

Did you read the article? The shooting was exactly that- a partisan political statement.

Adkisson "stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of the major media outlets," Investigator Steve Still wrote.

Hmmm, I wonder who was filling his head with that?

Of course, any normal person would say "That's not a political act, that's a batshit crazy act." It takes a real dimwit like yourself to pretend it really is a political statement.

Oh, I see. So making it harder for that guy to find a job because you are legally discriminating in favor of blacks, and jacking up that guy's taxes so that corrupt politicians can waste more of his money is the 'positive, open-minded message' that would have made the difference here? Good grief! Maybe you should think about why you are attacked when you spew that kind of nonsense.

Eh, you kinda missed the point just a little there.

They may be fighting for "equal opportunity" to jobs and housing, and the worst of them want free money. Now you and I both know that the equal opportunity in many ways is government mandated reverse discrimination, but the original intent was to prevent blacks from getting discriminated from a job they were qualified for. I am saying that they sip their own Kool-Aid too much, and can be a drag on society by wasting our tax dollars. You and I both agree the the liberal simpletons can be wasteful; I am just saying that they aren't as dangerous a nut-job shooting up a church.

when you create blind hatred, the horrific effects can be limitless.

So Fox News creates "blind hatred" and your proof of this, over the ~10 years it has existed, is one complete lunatic who cited them as his reason for shooting up a church?

Jodie Foster creates potential Presidential assassins as well, I hear. :D

Of course, any normal person would say "That's not a political act, that's a batshit crazy act." It takes a real dimwit like yourself to pretend it really is a political statement.

A "batshit crazy act" would be something random like Charles Whitman. This church was specifically targeted by Adkisson because of their liberal policies.

So Fox News creates "blind hatred" and your proof of this, over the ~10 years it has existed, is one complete lunatic who cited them as his reason for shooting up a church?

Jodie Foster creates potential Presidential assassins as well, I hear. :D

Was Jody Foster going on the air every night and lambasting Reagan for ruining everything about America?

A "batshit crazy act" would be something random like Charles Whitman. This church was specifically targeted by Adkisson because of their liberal policies.
The church was specifically targetted by a man so batshit crazy he thought he could save the country from the evils of liberalism by taking a gun to a church and shooting at the people there.

Congratulations on taking this lunatic seriously.

Was Jody Foster going on the air every night and lambasting Reagan for ruining everything about America?

By this logic, we should shut down MSNBC, Air America, and every liberal blog that lambasts Bush and conservatives for spreading hatred, ignorance, and lies, and potentially creating more killers like the nutjob who shot up the church. :D

And the Re-Molsonification of the board continues....

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smiley would be appropriate here. Gotta how you guys attack the post so mercilessly here, especially if they don't believe in the right-wing bull sh--, i mean agenda.

Now there are left-wing simpletons too that buy every little piece of B.S. that they read too. However, they are fighting for affirmative action, equal housing, and more money from the government. While they can be a great strain on the society, they aren't shooting up churches or bombing planned parenthood clinics.

Yes, this shooter is in the extreme minority, but if he had received a more positive, open-minded message, he wouldn't have snapped on a church with a dissenting view.

Nah, instead they molest children because of the "touchy feely" message. :D

Jesus Christ, is there a limit to partisan stupidity?

The church was specifically targetted by a man so batshit crazy he thought he could save the country from the evils of liberalism by taking a gun to a church and shooting at the people there.

Insanity wasn't the cause of this crime, hatred was. I'm putting 10 million dollars into escrow this afternoon and if Adkisson successfully uses the insanity defense the money is all yours.

By this logic, we should shut down MSNBC, Air America, and every liberal blog that lambasts Bush and conservatives for spreading hatred, ignorance, and lies, and potentially creating more killers like the nutjob who shot up the church. :D

And the Re-Molsonification of the board continues....

How can these media sources corrupt people if no one is watching, listening to, or reading them?

However, they are fighting for affirmative action, equal housing, and more money from the government. While they can be a great strain on the society, they aren't shooting up churches or bombing planned parenthood clinics.

Let's rephrase this. The left-wingers are fighting for:

(1) the right to grant jobs based on race and not merit,

(2) the right to take more money from my pocket at gunpoint.

(I don't know what equal housing is.)

So they are thieving from the most productive and talented in our society. Awesome.

Lots of people ragging on God here.

Look up a little info on Unitarians. They really aren't Christians, and God is something of an abstract theory to them.

All I'm saying is that if you want to ridicule their faith, at least make relevant jokes, there's lots of material to work with.

(2) the right to take more money from my pocket at gunpoint. - Wonder why some on the left don't want us owning guns

(I don't know what equal housing is.) - Buzzword

So they are thieving from the most productive and talented in our society. Awesome.

(2) the right to take more money from my pocket at gunpoint.

Sounds like you and Adkisson have a lot in common!

Look up a little info on Unitarians. They really aren't Christians, and God is something of an abstract theory to them.

All I'm saying is that if you want to ridicule their faith, at least make relevant jokes, there's lots of material to work with.

I'm sure that their religion is no more dopey than any of the others.

The Unitarians make more sense than Christians and I'm sure most people here have heard of them. It's not exactly an unknown group.

The Unitarians make more sense than Christians and I'm sure most people here have heard of them. It's not exactly an unknown group.

My point was that the jokes are more in line with Christian beliefs than Unitarian beliefs.

It's like making fun of Muslims for praying to Mary.

People are joking that God didn't save the Unitarians, when they don't really believe in the God that was supposed to save them.

But at least you didn't miss the point.

If people know so much about the Unitarians, how come the jokes don't reflect it?

My point was that the jokes are more in line with Christian beliefs than Unitarian beliefs.

It's like making fun of Muslims for praying to Mary.

People are joking that God didn't save the Unitarians, when they don't really believe in the God that was supposed to save them.

But at least you didn't miss the point.

If people know so much about the Unitarians, how come the jokes don't reflect it?

Unitarians can believe in god, and even the Christian one--it's just not a dogmatic practice. This is true in almost every Unitarian practice (some of which are openly Christian).

It's not a rule that you get your facts straight to post here. Just a guideline.

Eh, you kinda missed the point just a little there.

Did I? You're being a little vague of "their" beliefs vs. your beliefs. If you're saying you don't support AA and the rest of the crap you listed in your last post, than you're not as off the wall as I thought.

They may be fighting for "equal opportunity" to jobs and housing, and the worst of them want free money. Now you and I both know that the equal opportunity in many ways is government mandated reverse discrimination, but the original intent was to prevent blacks from getting discriminated from a job they were qualified for. I am saying that they sip their own Kool-Aid too much, and can be a drag on society by wasting our tax dollars. You and I both agree the the liberal simpletons can be wasteful; I am just saying that they aren't as dangerous a nut-job shooting up a church.

I strongly disagree. How often does a nutcase shoot up a church? Sad for those two people who died, but thousands of people die every day in all sorts of sad ways. Is it sadder than if the guy had killed them in a DUI while they were driving to church?

Meanwhile, the endless entitlement mentality and the politicians who support it (so they can maintain power by keeping the populous in a state of permanent dependence) is destroying the country.