Lynch will not be suspended..

Bottom line is we should all feel elated. The guy is a beast, who is blossoming into a star. The offence is run through him, we need him, and he won't have any disciplinary action agianst him to prevent him from conrtibuting to our very promising season.

I know as soon as he breaks his first big run and scores a TD, all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Not true. Goodell is the one who decides whether or not a player violates the Personal Conduct Policy. From the 2008 version:

Where the NFL is concerned, Goodell IS the law.

Good to see he won't be disciplined by the league. I though he would be based on the conduct policy which states that acts harmful to others can be punished. It really is up to Goodell's interpretation.

It wasn't his lawyer; it was the DA who was unwilling to deal initially.

How could he make a deal when the lawyer didn't even TALK to him for the first week?

How could he make a deal when the lawyer didn't even TALK to him for the first week?

Who said anything about the first week, and who makes a deal within a week anyway? You need to spend at least several days investigating things before you know what might have happened versus what the accused is telling you.

I'm talking about the first meeting after a week, when most of the facts were known and pointed to Lynch neither being impaired nor knowing he hit her. The DA claimed that Lynch's lawyer demanded a "precondition" that Lynch not be charged with a crime, and that he needed Lynch to admit he was the driver first before offering a deal. And them a month later offers a traffic violation (not a "crime" per se) deal made on the "assumption" that Lynch was the driver. :P