Greatest regular-season wins

Just read the thread about the most disappointing losses, and wanted to start some positive vibes...so what what wins stand out to you as the greatest in team history? Obvious answers are the various playoff games, so what about the regular season?

I'll start it by listing three.

1. Bills 14, Cowboys 3, 1984. Wow...were we terrible that year. But for one week, I felt on top of the world.

2. Bills 26, Dolphins 20, 1992. We were thrashed in Miami earlier that year, and were down 14-3 (I think) early in this one. And the MNF crew on ABC wouldn't shut up about Marino. So to come back and win was pretty nice. Nothing in comparison to a comeback we had later on in the playoffs, but nice nonetheless.

3. Bills 27, Dolphins 24, 1989. Kelly runs it in from the 2 as time expires. What a way to open the season, in Miami no less.

Bills 29 Broncos 28. Bills scored 3 TD's in ~1:19 to storm back and win. It was the quickest 3 touchdowns in league history at that point. And then the following week:

Bills 38 - Raiders 24 with a couple of huge special teams plays to come back.

That was the point where the light bulb went on for me that that team was really special.

Wow...I'd have a hard time picking any of the games mentioned as not qualifying as the best regular season game. I remember a monday night football game against Oakland (I think) where everyone left the stadium thinking the game was over and Joe Ferguson connected on some great plays to win it. Memory escapes me though, but it was a hell of a game.

Just read the thread about the most disappointing losses, and wanted to start some positive vibes...so what what wins stand out to you as the greatest in team history? Obvious answers are the various playoff games, so what about the regular season?

1. Bills 14, Cowboys 3, 1984. Wow...were we terrible that year. But for one week, I felt on top of the world.

2. Bills 26, Dolphins 20, 1992. We were thrashed in Miami earlier that year, and were down 14-3 (I think) early in this one. And the MNF crew on ABC wouldn't shut up about Marino. So to come back and win was pretty nice. Nothing in comparison to a comeback we had later on in the playoffs, but nice nonetheless.

3. Bills 27, Dolphins 24, 1989. Kelly runs it in from the 2 as time expires. What a way to open the season, in Miami no less.

I was at that Dallas game. Quite a game. Speaking of Dallas, the Bills in the 1993 regular season played in Dallas and beat them after losing to them in SB XXVII.

I was at that Dallas game. Quite a game. Speaking of Dallas, the Bills in the 1993 regular season played in Dallas and beat them after losing to them in SB XXVII.

After the game, Charles Haley went nuts in the locker room and demanded that management get Emmitt "in here" since he was a holdout for those first two games, and they went 0-2...

Wow...I'd have a hard time picking any of the games mentioned as not qualifying as the best regular season game. I remember a monday night football game against Oakland (I think) where everyone left the stadium thinking the game was over and Joe Ferguson connected on some great plays to win it. Memory escapes me though, but it was a hell of a game.

That was the 1974 season opener. The first time (and for a long while, the only time) the Raiders lost on MNF.

Ahmad Rashad beat Willie Brown for two TDs in the fourth quarter, sandwiched around a Raider fumble return for a TD.

1990 season:

Bills 17, Giants 13 - they went into New Jersey and beat a Giants team that everyone gushed over. To me, this was the game that showed everyone that the Bills had arrived as an elite team.

Only to be topped by:

Bills 24, Dolphins 14, one week later. With Jim Kelly injured, Frank Reich leads the Bills to the division title and clinches the Bills' first-ever #1 seed in the AFC playoffs.

That was the 1974 season opener. The first time (and for a long while, the only time) the Raiders lost on MNF.

Ahmad Rashad beat Willie Brown for two TDs in the fourth quarter, sandwiched around a Raider fumble return for a TD.

...then he was traded to SEA in 1976, they traded him to MIN in 1977, where he garnered 5 All-Pros, 4 Pro Bowls, and a 1979 Pro Bowl MVP.

Holy Haven Moses and Daryl Lamonica, Batman! :lol:

Most recently, pretty much every game the Bills won in 2004 (that was an exciting team, all special teams and defense), and the 2006 game in Houston, where JP hit Peerless Price in the final seconds for the winning td...youremember, the one where Lee Evans capped off the first two Bills possessions with 83 yard touchdown passes from JP...the future was looking bright that day...plus, I was at the game...I have been to close to 150 Bills games in my life, and only a handful of them ever ended so dramatically...good times!

My favorite, however, was opening day of the 1980 season, at Rich Stadium. The Bills "squish the fish" for the first tim in a decade...the fans swarm the field and tear down the goal posts...I was at that one too. I didn't swarm the field, but I wanted too...that, and Kellys' first game at Rich (a loss to the Jets), were about as electric a feeling I have ever felt at a sporting event. When they introduced Kelly that game, it almost felt like the upperdeck was going to crumble...

I was at the game where Flutie sneaked into the endzone against Jax in the last second. Old ladies were kissing me, and I wound up on the bottom of a pile of people. My friends were concerned that I was injured.

Pat Williams was the hero with a key sack, and I didn't know who he was. What a great freaking game!!!!!

I remember blocking either a fieldgoal or a punt right before halftime. I was in the TV lounge of my dorm with about 3-4 Bills fans and a very annoyed Dulfin fan!

Bills 29 Broncos 28. Bills scored 3 TD's in ~1:19 to storm back and win. It was the quickest 3 touchdowns in league history at that point. And then the following week:

Bills 38 - Raiders 24 with a couple of huge special teams plays to come back.

That was the point where the light bulb went on for me that that team was really special.

Ah, I was working during the Broncos game that year. When we fell behind, someone shut the radio off. ABout two minutes later, somebody told us the Bills were in the lead.....amazing.

My best memory of that Raiders game was when Nate Odomes took the ball away from Willie Gault and scored!

I was at the game where Flutie sneaked into the endzone against Jax in the last second. Old ladies were kissing me, and I wound up on the bottom of a pile of people. My friends were concerned that I was injured.

Bill, those three sentences made me laugh uncontrollably... Those old ladies at the Ralph can be rough, can't they? :lol:

That was an awesome game!

Can't believe I didn't include 9/7/80 in the list. 17-7 and the goal posts came down.

I was at that one sitting upper deck. A large part of the goal post actually made it up there somehow and we helped pushing it to the top. It eventually went over the top if I remember correctly.

In the regular season, the greatest Bills' win I witnessed live has to be the Denver game in 1990. The Bills looked thoroughly beaten, only to explode for those three late TDs and really start the run that carried them to four SBs. I think after that game, they realized they had something special and could never be counted out.

Aside from that, I think the Fergie comeback OT win in Miami (in '83) to break the Orange Bowl streak was a great one.

Jets @ Bills 1968.

37-35 Bills. Our only win of the season and against the eventual Super Bowl Champs.

Namath had a typical day, shedding us for gads of yards and long TD's while tossing 5 picks, 3 of which we returned for scores. The longest was a 100 yarder on a flair pass by Tom Janik.

When ya got nothin', that's somethin'!!