My only concern is if Jauron can drive the new Ferrari

I think he'll be open to an experimantal time at the beginning of the season. But as the year goes along, he'll start toning back a little. Especially in close games. If we get to games that mean something, you can expect running plays on 1st and 2nd down then a 5 yard hook, slant, or out route to hope to pick up a 1st down. Lindell will be having 5 FG attempts a game. Yup.............................Football season is almost here. Can't wait :P

I like DJ but let's face the facts. He's soooo booooring! What kind of car do you think he drives? I'm going with a Ford Taurus. :P

If he drives a Taurus, it's one that he bought used from Ralph.

Seriously, we can all cast an opinion about what is Jauron's offensive approach or how hands on he is or isn't with his coordinators. The bottom line is the bottom line and that is winning football games and the Bills have to score more on offense and prevent opposing offenses from scoring as much. This year is a great opportunity for this team and this organization to make a positive step in the right direction. It starts and ends with leadership, so the whole crew from Brandon on down has a lot to prove. 52,000 season ticket sales says the fans are encouraged. We've got 6 weeks until we see a finished product. Jauron may make or break his coaching career this year. Hope he's ready. These jobs are hard to get and harder to keep and the Buffalo faithful are a bit restless.

Halfway through the season, I don't think anybody will be using the word "explosive" to describe a Dick Jauron offense. They could be 5-3 at that time...hell, they could finish 11-5 and make the playoffs. But it will be defense, special teams, and an efficient, conservative offense that do it for them. Jauron's been around the NFL too long to change his stripes.

IMO, Jauron gets a really raw deal in people criticizing him for being conservative. Most football coaches are conservative. NE's caoch who robs homeless guy for clothes is conservative. The thing that helped him open is that he has one of the best QBs in history (and they cheat). People really expected DJ to have an explosive offense with QBs like Jim Miller, Shane Matthews, Kordell Stewart, Cade McKown, or Losman? All these guys are borderline NFL QBs and none made a ripple i nthe league after they left DJ (we'll see about Losman).

Finally, was DJ conservative when they went for a 1st down on 4th down against NE? Or when they let Losman throw out of his endzone? Or how both the 3rd down bomb against Den? Or letting Edwards throw inside the 20 against the Cowboys? It's debatable whether these were the right calls, but they were far from conservative. But you need players to make the big plays and the last 2 years, we haven't had them. Hopefully, we finally have them.

This team is ready to take a quantum leap this year barring injuries. Will Jauron be ready to step up to the plate or will he wilt? I'm confident in the defense being solid, special teams spectacular and the offense being downright explosive. My only question at this time is will Jauron play conservatively or will he be willing to be a little flambouyant this year?

The only way we have a Ferrari is if we play a base 4=wide featuring Mr. Roscoe Parrish. Instead, we will will have a more balanced attack with some 4-receiver sets, some three and plenty of two (with either two tight ends or one and a fullback). I think our best chance is to pass, pass, pass, but doubt if Dick will let Turk step on the gas.

I am encouraged to hear that the receivers have been working on "crossing routes" much more than they have in years. I know a crossing rout is pretty basic, but I don't think the Bills have made them much a part of their passing game, in years. Guys like Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish are built for this kind of thing....Reed is physically solid, and Parrish is so fast, if he can get his hands on a ball over the middle, he seems like the kind of guy who could bust out for some mahor YAC, with a little daylight...

Lets' think positive....

IMO, this is a big key. Parrish, and to a lesser extent Reed, haven't been used in this manner here. A 'dink & dunk' offensive design could have fabulous results with this level of play underneath Evans & Hardy. An 8 yard crossing route to Parrish could end 80 yards later in the endzone. "We have the technology.. we can rebuild it"

IMO, Jauron gets a really raw deal in people criticizing him for being conservative. Most football coaches are conservative. NE's caoch who robs homeless guy for clothes is conservative. The thing that helped him open is that he has one of the best QBs in history (and they cheat). People really expected DJ to have an explosive offense with QBs like Jim Miller, Shane Matthews, Kordell Stewart, Cade McKown, or Losman? All these guys are borderline NFL QBs and none made a ripple i nthe league after they left DJ (we'll see about Losman).

Finally, was DJ conservative when they went for a 1st down on 4th down against NE? Or when they let Losman throw out of his endzone? Or how both the 3rd down bomb against Den? Or letting Edwards throw inside the 20 against the Cowboys? It's debatable whether these were the right calls, but they were far from conservative. But you need players to make the big plays and the last 2 years, we haven't had them. Hopefully, we finally have them.

To me, going for it on 4th down from time to time does not make up for being very vanilla on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. No audibles, rarely a play action pass and having your QB use the "check down" choice in the passing game so often make it easy for the defense that is trying to stop you. While Jauron is conservative offensively, the greater problem might be lack of sophistication in the game plan which gives the advantage to the defense. There is nothing more relaxing on a Sunday than watching your team successfully run the ball down the throat of the opponent, but when the other team knows you're going to run an offense that only utilizes a small area of the field, you are giving them the advantage.