What has been the most dissapointing loss that you can remmember

1. Super Bowl XXV

2. Music City Rip-Off

3. Browns Playoff Game in 89

4. Chargers Playoff Game in 80. I still hate Dan Fouts to this day.

5. at Patriots in 98

6. The entire 1984 & 1985 Seasons

7. Miami Opener in 1979

8. 1988 AFC Championship Game at Cincinnati

9. Super Bowls 26, 27 & 28.

10. Miami Opener in 1977. 1st Game I ever went to. I was 5. I learned to accept the Bills losing at an early age.

What about a few years ago when we had a good chance of beating NE and Fletcher recovered a fumble but before getting into the endzone fumbled the ball out of the endzone resulting in a touchback. There was also a 4th and short where Henry fell down in the backfield.

How about the Sage Rosenfels game?

I would say when our scrubs vacated their lanes in the Music City Miracle. It was just so sudden

Absolutely agree. While Super Bowl 25 was tough, the Music City Miracle still makes me sick to this day. I still don't understand how that could happen, but I guess it was meant to be.

1. Super Bowl XXV

2. Music City Rip-Off

3. Browns Playoff Game in 89

4. Chargers Playoff Game in 80. I still hate Dan Fouts to this day.

5. at Patriots in 98

6. The entire 1984 & 1985 Seasons

7. Miami Opener in 1979

8. 1988 AFC Championship Game at Cincinnati

9. Super Bowls 26, 27 & 28.

10. Miami Opener in 1977. 1st Game I ever went to. I was 5. I learned to accept the Bills losing at an early age.

You're number 5 stands out to me. That was a really tough loss during that season becuase had we won that game our seeding could have been better for that year. I think you could also add the playoff loss to Miami that season.

The Sunday Night game in 07 was easily one of the most embarrassing and lopsided beat downs that I've ever seen in the NFL, but I wouldn't say it was disappointing. The Bills walked out of the tunnel defeated.

SB XXV.

Agree one both counts.

After Super Bowl XXV I don't even have the heart to rank the losses. It's like you've been jumped and are getting your butt kicked by a group of guys -- how do you differentiate one kick to the groin from a punch to the stomach? They all hurt in different ways, but it's just another blow.

The Harmon drop still stings, though.

as a Bills fan? For me since I wasn't alive for the super bowl that Norwood missed that field goal, it would have to be last years Monday Night football loss to the Cowboys. Any thoughts?

Super Bowl XXV. It wasn't that it cost them "A" Super Bowl. That team appeared to be destined for much more. They were absolutely STACKED, and on paper there wasn't really a contender in sight in either league. San Fran/Giants/Redskins all seemed to be cycling out. Dallas wasn't even on the radar. The AFC had nothing. They were going to be the successor to the 1970's Steelers and 1980's Niners as the dynasty of the 1990's. Losing meant they would NOT be that team, and losing the way they did made you question if they had the discipline and focus to beat a battle tested NFC team. They did not.

The next worst was HR Throwback. First of all, the ball was thrown forward. The defense at the time was that it was just a technicality, so what if it was a little forward or not............. but the bottom line is teams do not have to defend a forward pass in that situation anymore than teams have to defend players who are out of bounds. So whether they were in their lanes or not shouldn't have been the point. But what really made it hurt was that the Bills had the best defense in the NFL and had just BLASTED the #2 seeded Colts and the #1 seed Jags were an old, paper tiger who had already lost twice to the Titans. That wildcard game had the feel of a divisional or championship game because those two teams were better than the seeds in front of them. Forget Flutie/Johnson...either one could have won the other 2 AFC playoff games, and the Bills HAD that game won with Johnson. The Titans naturally went on the road and easily dispatched of the Colts and Jags and just barely lost to the Rams. The Bills were quite a bit better than those Titans. Steve McNair looked like a HOF'er in the SB against the Rams.....he looked like a POS at home vs. that Bills defense. I think that Bills team could have shut the Rams down. Bitter, bitter loss.

Every loss since means jackschitt. That loss to the Titans was the end of a 12 year run with 10 playoff appearances. It opened up minds to going away from their proven 3-4 defensive identity, which caused far more roster turnover than necessary and ultimately destroyed the momentum and identity they had created in that 12 year period. They've been grasping for firm ground ever since.

Post-season: SB XXV, with an honorable mention to Homerun Throwup.

Regular Season: That abortion last season vs. Dallas, with an honorable mention to a game i think was in 1996 against the Dolphins where the Bills were driving for the winning TD and they fumbled the ball on the goal-line. I drank a lot that year.

;)