House of Representative discussing possible impeachment hearings

Adam

I think he ran with good intentions, by his lights at least. No-one runs for President with the idea that he's going to be a colassal !@#$-up. It just happens that way for some. No matter how good his intentions may have been, he surrounded himself people who were selected not because they were competent in their area of responsibility, but because they were buddies, or buddies of buddies.

Incompetence itself is not an impeachable offense. Neither is being weak and listening to bad advice after being lulled by syncophants into believing you're really in charge of something.

I was reading about Abraham Lincoln selection people who ran against him and opposition to be in his candidate- it takes guts to do that and leadership to make it work! Shrub as none of either

I was reading about Abraham Lincoln selection people who ran against him and opposition to be in his candidate- it takes guts to do that and leadership to make it work! Shrub as none of either

Don't forget Jimmie Griffin, who when asked by a News reporter why he was filling all of the vacant spots in city gov't with his buddies from South Buffalo responded by saying "Who would you expect me to hire, my enemies?"

This is so tit-for-tat it would be laughable, save the fact that the economy went into the toilet while the Dems controlled Congress. That's THEIR legacy and they're doing nothing to improve things - in fact I think they WANT the economy in the toilet in order to make Putney Swope's election inevitable.

The Rinos impeached BJ Clinton and the Dems got sore about it.

They HATE GWB and pilloried him from day one. The man's not an elocutionist - which is a distinct disadvantage when - and IF - one's attempting to defend oneself and/or persuade others to your point of view.

Putney arrives on the scene - and emerges as the best teleprompter reader since Ronald Reagan.

Dems swoon. He's black - which the Dems believe is kryptonite to Republicans. He shrinks from no podium to tell the world exactly how they "MUST" behave and live their lives. He's got everything all figured out. Just do what he says and the world will be heaven on earth.

However, IMHO you get him away from the teleprompter and in general conversation - he sounds worse than Bush! He mumbles, fumbles, says ah, ah, ah, umm, ah, ah, ah. while he's trying to connect the dots on his outrageous positions he bounces around on like an indolent butterfly in Spring. Dissection.

The media castigated themselves in retrospect for "blindly" acquiescing to The Bush Administration's "haste" to go to war with iRaq and not doing their job of challenging the facts. Oh, if only they would have been tougher on Bush, the iRaq war would never have happened.

They're blindly making the same mistake with Putney because they want to believe in him and do so thoroughly, without reservation and unabashedly. If they recognized a red flag with the "pass" they gave Bush, they're not caring at all that they're giving a bigger pass to Putney.

This is so tit-for-tat it would be laughable, save the fact that the economy went into the toilet while the Dems controlled Congress. That's THEIR legacy and they're doing nothing to improve things - in fact I think they WANT the economy in the toilet in order to make Putney Swope's election inevitable.

Exactly how did the Dems make the economy go into the tank?

I hope it comes out at some point that he at least had good intentions with something. That would make his terms easy to remember 20 years down the road.

Mike Mularkey, Gregg Williams, Hank Bullough, Kay Stephenson, Jim Ringo, John Rauch, Harvey Johnson, Joe Collier, and Buster Ramsey all had good intentions. I don't believe it has made their terms as head coach of the Bills any easier to remember.

They HATE GWB and pilloried him from day one. The man's not an elocutionist - which is a distinct disadvantage when - and IF - one's attempting to defend oneself and/or persuade others to your point of view.

Putney arrives on the scene - and emerges as the best teleprompter reader since Ronald Reagan.

Dems swoon. He's black - which the Dems believe is kryptonite to Republicans. He shrinks from no podium to tell the world exactly how they "MUST" behave and live their lives. He's got everything all figured out. Just do what he says and the world will be heaven on earth.

However, IMHO you get him away from the teleprompter and in general conversation - he sounds worse than Bush! He mumbles, fumbles, says ah, ah, ah, umm, ah, ah, ah. while he's trying to connect the dots on his outrageous positions he bounces around on like an indolent butterfly in Spring. Dissection.

The media castigated themselves in retrospect for "blindly" acquiescing to The Bush Administration's "haste" to go to war with iRaq and not doing their job of challenging the facts. Oh, if only they would have been tougher on Bush, the iRaq war would never have happened.

They're blindly making the same mistake with Putney because they want to believe in him and do so thoroughly, without reservation and unabashedly. If they recognized a red flag with the "pass" they gave Bush, they're not caring at all that they're giving a bigger pass to Putney.

Putney Swope? You do realize than many of the people on this board weren't even born when Putney Swope came out & have no idea what you mean. For those of you who don't know, Putney Swope was a satirical movie about a black man who got elected to take over an ad agency because the guys in the boardroom couldn't vote for themselves and nobody thought anyone else would vote for the black guy, so they all voted for Swope. He then kicks just about all the whites out & runs the thing into the ground.

I hardly think there is any comparison to the Obama nomination. I doubt it will end with Antonio Fargas setting the White House ablaze.

Putney Swope? You do realize than many of the people on this board weren't even born when Putney Swope came out & have no idea what you mean. For those of you who don't know, Putney Swope was a satirical movie about a black man who got elected to take over an ad agency because the guys in the boardroom couldn't vote for themselves and nobody thought anyone else would vote for the black guy, so they all voted for Swope. He then kicks just about all the whites out & runs the thing into the ground.

I hardly think there is any comparison to the Obama nomination. I doubt it will end with Antonio Fargas setting the White House ablaze.

It's hardly an original thought either-

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=o...putney+swope%22

FIrst off, hatred of Shrub Bush isn't partisan. Both sides of the aisle despise him. He is the kryptonite to republicans, not Obama.

Second, that talk that one side wants things to get bad is so old and outdated. A b bad economy benefits nobody except Bush, who has been pumping the money into oil...hey- who wrote those tax cuts? Here's a clue- the oil company's wrote their own tax cuts....oh wait, Bush has his own oil company, what a surprise! If you supoport Shrub, you are all alone on an island, and Gilligan won't come to save you.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the previous moron who was president. Shrub thinks he can cover up his crimes with this so-called executive privilege. While I think the murder charges are a bit left wing mumbo jumbo, Shrub should have been removed years ago. He has passed Jiimmy Carter for ineptness, and I don't think that a four-year old could accomplish that. Shrub will go down as one of the all-time worst leaders ever

Who cares if they know or not, but thanks on their behalf for the synopsis.

I'd rethink the analogy of Swopes' election and how Obama was gifted the nomination by the living white men who still covet the nomination. Queen Hillary herself isn't going to throw any more torpedoes into his hull, but they're all counting on one and out for him and then on again to campaign for themselves in 4 years. Or, in the new election calendar, they'll begin doing that in a mere 24 months from now.

As to The Arab blowing up the place and grabbing all the scoots in the glass cupboard... I think Robert Downey's screenplay was downright prescient. Maybe it'll be Bill Ayers doing the bombing though.