House of Representative discussing possible impeachment hearings

Adam

They are bringing up the illegal and unconstitutional expansion of executive power, the illegal and unconstitutional use of executive power to hide wrongdoings, blatant and outright deception as relates to war among other things.

They are bringing up the illegal and unconstitutional expansion of executive power, the illegal and unconstitutional use of executive power to hide wrongdoings, blatant and outright deception as relates to war among other things.

Such as the upcoming election :thumbsup:

I don't disagree with you, but I don't disagree with the proceedings either. It is a partisan action, unfortunately it shouldn't be partisan

When the econoy is teetering on implosion, gas prices are at record highs and the war in Afghanistan is escalaing, I think the house has more important things to worry about. Chef called it right...childish.

It's the Keebler Elf (Kuchinich) at it again.

Yesterday, I got a call where the caller ID said "Debt Reduction" and had a Seattle area code. There was a recorded message of Senator Dennis Kuchinich (D-OH) saying to sign a petition for the impeachment of Predsident Bush and that it was paid for by his re-election committee. :thumbsup:

When the econoy is teetering on implosion, gas prices are at record highs and the war in Afghanistan is escalaing, I think the house has more important things to worry about. Chef called it right...childish.

If Bush had a few years left in his term I'd have less of a problem with it. Seeing he's a the lamest of lame ducks it's pretty much a waste of time.

If Bush had a few years left in his term I'd have less of a problem with it. Seeing he's a the lamest of lame ducks it's pretty much a waste of time.

I agree

If they tried this a year ago I wouldn't have had a problem with it. I doubt it would have gotten very far even then however.

But the timing of it now just stinks of election year gimmicks

I agree

If they tried this a year ago I wouldn't have had a problem with it. I doubt it would have gotten very far even then however.

I hear you- but if this can set the wheels in motion to give back the power that Elvis has stolen for himself, that is enough for me.

This regime has done the country a great disservice over the last 7.5 years

I agree

This is NOT the first time it's been tried. It's the first time it hasn't been summarily dismissed.

No matter how anyone looks at it, today or 100 years from now, this presidency has been a disaster for all but Exxon-Mobil, Halliburton/KBR, BP, etc etc (and their large shareholders and executives). America at large though comes out a big loser in many ways, and it will take some time to recover.

This is NOT the first time it's been tried. It's the first time it hasn't been summarily dismissed.

No matter how anyone looks at it, today or 100 years from now, this presidency has been a disaster for all but Exxon-Mobil, Halliburton/KBR, BP, etc etc (and their large shareholders and executives). America at large though comes out a big loser in many ways, and it will take some time to recover.

I hope it comes out at some point that he at least had good intentions with something. That would make his terms easy to remember 20 years down the road.

Nosepick!

Flightsuit!

Pretzel!

On the one hand, he really hasn't done anything truly impeachable.

On the other hand...they impeached Clinton for FAR less.

Really, this is nothing more than an indication of how far into the toilet our government has been flushed.

Meh, I just think the most ethical Congress ever is just trying to get their approval rating up to 10%...

Don't ever put the words ethical and congress in the same sentence! No part of our govt is ethical!

I hope it comes out at some point that he at least had good intentions with something. That would make his terms easy to remember 20 years down the road.

I think he ran with good intentions, by his lights at least. No-one runs for President with the idea that he's going to be a colassal !@#$-up. It just happens that way for some. No matter how good his intentions may have been, he surrounded himself people who were selected not because they were competent in their area of responsibility, but because they were buddies, or buddies of buddies.

Incompetence itself is not an impeachable offense. Neither is being weak and listening to bad advice after being lulled by syncophants into believing you're really in charge of something.