Last Night's Colbert Report with Nas

Very easy. What if he, because he's incompetent, doesn't know that he's wrong? Or, he's not "lying" but exaggerating his role in policy decisions in order to make himself appear more relevant = higher profile = more $$$$?

What I am saying is that in the press conferences I saw, he looked awful, and that's with an untrained eye. I think of Ari Fleischer in general, or the public beating the new girl gave that left-biased old bag front row white house reporter, and I think "good". I think of McClellan and I think "bad". And that was all before the book came out.

I think those things not because of politics, I simply think of who's doing a good job and who's doing a bad one. The simple fact is that the only reason McClellan stayed as long as he did is: Bush's confounding loyalty to his people even when the need to fired immediately. Think Rumsfeld, and then think McClellan.

Edit: oh, and of course my message seems "mixed" to you, it's because it's based on reason, not ideology. Fascist liberals aren't used to/don't have any critical thinking skills, so I'm sure this is difficult for you.

I mean the "ax-grinding" part.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean the "ax-grinding" part.

Sorry, I was actaully called on for something important. Rare on a Wednesday afternoon. The ax-grinding part is simple as well. The guy was fired and now he wants to get back at the guy who fired him. Incidentally that would probably be Bush's chief of staff(don't know who that is right now), not Bush himself.

The thing that gets me is that this is probably more about McClellan's mom than anything. As I understand it, the Bush group didn't support her in a primary and/or backed the other guy. That would make me pretty angry, especially if I really was out "lying"(as if that is something new for a press secretary) on their behalf to reporters. So, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he had an ax to grind, which also happened to mean decent $$$ for him.

Edit: you don't have to be competent to have an ax to grind, btw. Look at the guy who sued because he said affirmative action "pushed him too high" and that he wasn't able to do the job he was given, because he wasn't competent for it, and got fired because he couldn't do it. There's an incompetent ax-grinder if there ever was one.

Sorry, I was actaully called on for something important. Rare on a Wednesday afternoon. The ax-grinding part is simple as well. The guy was fired and now he wants to get back at the guy who fired him. Incidentally that would probably be Bush's chief of staff(don't know who that is right now), not Bush himself.

The thing that gets me is that this is probably more about McClellan's mom than anything. As I understand it, the Bush group didn't support her in a primary and/or backed the other guy. That would make me pretty angry, especially if I really was out "lying"(as if that is something new for a press secretary) on their behalf to reporters. So, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that he had an ax to grind, which also happened to mean decent $$$ for him.

You don't think that his anger is more due to the fact that Bush & Rove hung him out to dry during the whole Scooter Libby ordeal? Keep in mind also that the assertions about the administration made in the book were also made by McClellan in front of Congress under oath. If his book is full of lies then McClellan perjured himself.

You don't think that his anger is more due to the fact that Bush & Rove hung him out to dry during the whole Scooter Libby ordeal?

As I have already stated, he wasn't involved. He says he was, but Ari Fleischer, not so much Scott McClellan, was called to testify 1.5 months after he "really(as in 'i gotta go')" resigned. Ari knew the s was going to hit the fan, and so he bailed, leaving McClellan to deal with it.

I think this whole "hung me out to dry" thing is dubious at best. He wasn't involved in it, so how could he know what was true and what wasn't? Certainly he didn't fall on any swords, as again, he wasn't involved. Ari might have been. His premise that somehow his credibility was ruined is laughable = "Hey Scott, you are the press secretary, the day you took the job your credibility was ruined by definition, A-HOLE!"

The simple fact is all that Libby was busted for was a lame perjury charge, the same thing that Bill Clinton was impeached for, and not for treason or anything else, because the special prosecutor couldn't prove anything. So, if you want to make this a big deal, then you have to also say that Bill Clinton's lies were a big deal, and he should have gone to jail as well. Somehow I don't think you will.

Also, this whole thing is bogus anyway. Valerie Plame was using her position to bring politics into policies that politics should be nowhere near. Why they went after her this way I will never know. If it was me, and I found out what she was doing, I would have sent the FBI, arrested her, and let her explain why she sent her husband on a mission he was in no way qualified for, and who his clients were, to a secure intelligence tribunal. If they came back with a guilty verdict, I would have assigned both of them to work in the lowest, sweaty ass-crack gig I could find, permanently.

This thread is amazingly easy to read.

Except when Wacka or KC chime in...

(I have both elegantidiot and idiotinPhilly on ignore)

that very convenient... and probably a better idea than reading the cripple fight between them two

that very convenient... and probably a better idea than reading the cripple fight between them two

Ha! Still waiting for you to explain yourself as to how you can "hate" something you clearly don't have any idea about. Your entire approach here is the ultimate example of a crippled mind. But go ahead and continue to believe what your girlfriend tells you to think.

Don't bother actually seeking information for yourself thereby obtaining what is known as an Informed Opinion. Unfortunately it appears you are probably too "special" to even understand that concept. This thread is a fine example of it

"Generally prejudiced against general people" :unsure: That's still funny. And of course we are still waiting for an explanation on that one.

Ha! Still waiting for you to explain yourself as to how you can \"hate\" something you clearly don\'t have any idea about. Your entire approach here is the ultimate example of a crippled mind. But go ahead and continue to believe what your girlfriend tells you to think.

Wow, you missed a golden chance there to pick on me for being a liberal :-P. However, I\'ll gladly accept your praise and jealousy about my gf :blink:

Don\'t bother actually seeking information for yourself thereby obtaining what is known as an Informed Opinion. Unfortunately it appears you are probably too \"special\" to even understand that concept. This thread is a fine example of it

\"Generally prejudiced against general people\" :blink: That\'s still funny. And of course we are still waiting for an explanation on that one.

yes, I can be a typo machine. I admit that, and I get a good chuckle out of that little flub.

Another lib showing his tolerant maturity.

What? saying that them two going back and forth, with each other for 3 pages, is a cripple fight? If you don't understand why I said "cripple fight" and what i was referring to, then the meaning of the post went over your head.

What? saying that them two going back and forth, with each other for 3 pages, is a cripple fight? If you don't understand why I said "cripple fight" and what i was referring to, then the meaning of the post went over your head.

Expecting Wacka to understand or comprehend anything that isn't poured directly into his little pea-brain by the RNC is similar to expecting AD to extoll the virtues of big government.

It's just not going to happen.

But at least he's entertaining (in a short blue bus kind of way).

What? saying that them two going back and forth, with each other for 3 pages, is a cripple fight? If you don't understand why I said "cripple fight" and what I was referring to, then the meaning of the post went over your head.

If you meant elliot/ Molson and OCin Philly and not me I apologize for that.

Still those comments to whoever they are directed show "tolerant maturity".

Expecting Wacka to understand or comprehend anything that isn't poured directly into his little pea-brain by the RNC is similar to expecting AD to extoll the virtues of big government.

It's just not going to happen.

But at least he's entertaining (in a short blue bus kind of way).

More "tolerant maturity".

You're bitter I and I feel sorry for you.

If you meant elliot/ Molson and OCin Philly and not me I apologize for that.

Still those comments to whoever they are directed show "tolerant maturity".

this is all i meant by cripple fight between Elliot and Philly

edit: wow it was tougher to find that video unedited than I would have thought

Wow, you missed a golden chance there to pick on me for being a liberal :-P. However, I\'ll gladly accept your praise and jealousy about my gf :cry:

yes, I can be a typo machine. I admit that, and I get a good chuckle out of that little flub.

Newsflash: I couldn't care less what you call yourself, and I don't care about parties. I am calling you a shallow, ill-informed, propagandist who doesn't think for himself! There. How's that for praise? :D

Still waiting for you to explain how Sharpton and Jackson being on CNN is "bad", but it's still better than FOX, but how you don't know they are also on Fox, yet you hate fox. You're on the hook, worm, wriggling will get you nowhere. :D

Still waiting on you to demonstrate, other than Colbert, any evidence that proves any prejudice on FOX. Still waiting for you to explain how they have equal #s of men and women anchors. Still waiting for you to explain why FOX dominates their market to the degree that it does. Still waiting for how you explain calling all those extra viewers "racists" without knowing any of them.

Reading back through this, it's hysterical that you can call what I wrote a "cripple fight". Elegant Elliot, I can see that. But, I suppose that is probably the best you can do, so we'll give you an affirmative action B- for the effort. We wouldn't want to harm your self-esteem or anything.

Newsflash: I couldn't care less what you call yourself, and I don't care about parties. I am calling you a shallow, ill-informed, propagandist who doesn't think for himself! There. How's that for praise? :D

Wow, thanx OC. I feel so touched :cry:

Still waiting for you to explain how Sharpton and Jackson being on CNN is "bad", but it's still better than FOX, but how you don't know they are also on Fox, yet you hate fox. You're on the hook, worm, wriggling will get you nowhere. :D

I have said that they are racist POS's that are an embarrassment to black people. I hate that anyone gives either of them the time of the day, as they are about dividing America up. Now, I am critical of any network that gives these guys face time. However, I have yet to see anyone (meaning hosts of shows) on those other stations give out severely racist remarks. I never saw Russert or Blitzer say crap like "taking out" a black candidate.

Still waiting on you to demonstrate, other than Colbert, any evidence that proves any prejudice on FOX. Still waiting for you to explain how they have equal #s of men and women anchors. Still waiting for you to explain why FOX dominates their market to the degree that it does. Still waiting for how you explain calling all those extra viewers "racists" without knowing any of them.

Everyone knows that FOX panders to the conservative end of the spectrum, which means that most Republican people will watch only FOX News. In general, the other news stations come off as liberal because most of the scandals and controversial issues in our government come from the Republican Party. However, I do not see that as pandering to the liberals, because the truth is generally pretty amusing (see Ted Stevens). It is also very safe to say that the majority of the racists against blacks are from the conservative school of thought, and in general support the Republican Party, while FOX is the network that they can identify with.

Reading back through this, it's hysterical that you can call what I wrote a "cripple fight". Elegant Elliot, I can see that. But, I suppose that is probably the best you can do, so we'll give you an affirmative action B- for the effort. We wouldn't want to harm your self-esteem or anything.

You argued with Elliot for 3 pages in a relatively short time on the internet. Yeah that is a cripple fight. Also, FWIW, I do not support affirmative action in its current incarnation, so nice try at a futile attempt to slam me.

Everyone knows that FOX panders to the conservative end of the spectrum, which means that most Republican people will watch only FOX News.

FoxSnooze panders to the SALACIOUS end of the spectrum. I only watch Fox, because it's so damned funny ("In today's news, we have a guy stuck in a trench, a car chase, and a missing white woman." That's called the "Fox News Daytime Trifecta".)

Anyone who thinks they're a conservative news outlet is delusional. They may be conservative...but they're about as much a news outlet as Jerry Springer.

FoxSnooze panders to the SALACIOUS end of the spectrum. I only watch Fox, because it's so damned funny ("In today's news, we have a guy stuck in a trench, a car chase, and a missing white woman." That's called the "Fox News Daytime Trifecta".)

Anyone who thinks they're a conservative news outlet is delusional. They may be conservative...but they're about as much a news outlet as Jerry Springer.

Thanx Tom that was worth a good laugh.