For those of you interested in "Global" warming

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're not smart enough to do a simple search when given all the parameters required, but I'm supposed to give a crap about your opinion on "Global Warming"? Yeah, I think not.

Go away, troll.

Translation- I prefer Penn & Teller's opinion on Global Warming over that of NASA, The Nation Research Council, The EPA, The World Meteorological Organization, The American Meteorogical Society etc because it annoys liberals and environmentalists.

Translation- I prefer Penn & Teller's opinion on Global Warming over that of NASA, The Nation Research Council, The EPA, The World Meteorological Organization, The American Meteorogical Society etc because it annoys liberals and environmentalists.

So your ability to draw a conclusion is as sharp as your search acumen. Shocking, really. ;)

Actually, the translation was "Why the !@#$ should I do your work for you!??"

If you want to read the contrary opinions so much, why won't you put in a modicum of effort to do so (if you can call typing "Alaska Darin" AND "global warming" in the search box 'effort')? People like you who expect everything on a silver platter delivered to their seat really burn me up.

So your ability to draw a conclusion is as sharp as your search acumen. Shocking, really. ;)

I'm not asking you a trick question, I'm actually curious to know exactly why I should be skeptical of global warming. I'm not an idealogue, if you make a good argument and point me to some good information I can be swayed to your side.

Actually, the translation was "Why the !@#$ should I do your work for you!??"

If you want to read the contrary opinions so much, why won't you put in a modicum of effort to do so (if you can call typing "Alaska Darin" AND "global warming" in the search box 'effort')? People like you who expect everything on a silver platter delivered to their seat really burn me up.

He started it.

He started it.

Really? So the statement you made about "anyone denying the existance of Global Warming is stupid" isn't open for discussion?

Now c'mon, really smart guy. You can do a search. I know you can.

I also find it quite funny that a "non-liberal" would use government organizations as proof for their opinion. Good job disproving me on that one.

Really? So the statement you made about "anyone denying the existance of Global Warming is stupid" isn't open for discussion?

Now c'mon, really smart guy. You can do a search. I know you can.

I also find it quite funny that a "non-liberal" would use government organizations as proof for their opinion. Good job disproving me on that one.

I'm not even sure what that last sentence means. I'm still waiting for a substantive response which illustrates why you believe the global warming skeptics over those who believe in global warming.

I'm not asking you a trick question, I'm actually curious to know exactly why I should be skeptical of global warming. I'm not an idealogue, if you make a good argument and point me to some good information I can be swayed to your side.

I'm not looking for stupid people to join up for some cause. That'd make me a political party or something. Lord.

Do YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I'm absolutely amazed at how unbelievably lazy people are, all the while acting learned.

Now call other people stupid again. I revel in the delicious irony...

I'm not even sure what that last sentence means. I'm still waiting for a substantive response which illustrates why you believe the global warming skeptics over those who believe in global warming.

You're going to be waiting an awfully long time, Cletus. Good luck with that.

And as for you "requiring" a substative response: I could give a flying crap what you "think".

I'm not looking for stupid people to join up for some cause. That'd make me a political party or something. Lord.

Do YOUR OWN RESEARCH. I'm absolutely amazed at how unbelievably lazy people are, all the while acting learned.

Now call other people stupid again. I revel in the delicious irony...

I knew you couldn't articulate why you're a global warming skeptic!

I knew you couldn't articulate why you're a global warming skeptic!

You just keep repeating that to yourself and pretending you're smart. Eventually both will have to come true.

That's right folks, Elliot's inability to do a simple internet search means I can't articulate my opinion. He's wicked intelligent.

You just keep repeating that to yourself and pretending you're smart. Eventually both will have to come true.

I actually briefly checked out 2 of your global warming threads, which are really just you linking to other articles some of which were published in 1999 and 2000. I doubt you even read them. Some were just links to just the abstract! How can you draw a conclusion from a scientific study by only reading the abstract! That proves that you're both stupid AND lazy. In fact I'd bet you got those links from some conservative blog or forum. The fact is that you choose to place more credence in these articles than the vast amount of published peer reviewed material that affirms global warming is not because of the quality of the science, but rather because it matches your politics.

I actually briefly checked out 2 of your global warming threads, which are really just you linking to other articles some of which were published in 1999 and 2000. I doubt you even read them. Some were just links to just the abstract! How can you draw a conclusion from a scientific study by only reading the abstract! That proves that you're both stupid AND lazy. In fact I'd bet you got those links from some conservative blog or forum. The fact is that you choose to place more credence in these articles than the vast amount of published peer reviewed material that affirms global warming is not because of the quality of the science, but rather because it matches your politics.

Really? Why don't you tell me a little more about my politics. Conservative blog or forum? ;) This is gonna be a hoot.

As far as the rest of it: there is plenty more where that came from and I'm quite sure I've read 100 times the information on the subject that you have. I'm not sure what posts you're referring to but when you post things on this forum, you have to consider the audience. There are not more than a handful of people here who are capable or willing to read much more than a summary. But pretend you caught me at something because you need to feel special.

The fact of the matter is "Global Warming" started as junk science with the since disproven "Hockey Stick Graph" brought to you by the U.N. and it has morphed into a multi-billion dollar industry that now depends on it being "fact". It's pretty similiar to "the Earth is flat", "The Russians are coming!", "terrorists are going to kill us all", etc. Just the latest boogieman to keep you in fear.

Now I won't disagree that the human race as a whole needs to do a whole lot better stewarding the environment (something I'm quite sure I've said numerous times here). That's indisputable. But we don't have to make Al Gore and other assclowns like him rich along the way.

The fact of the matter is "Global Warming" started as junk science with the since disproven "Hockey Stick Graph" brought to you by the U.N. and it has morphed into a multi-billion dollar industry that now depends on it being "fact".

Isn't Exxon-Mobile a multi billion dollar industry?

ExxonMobil has manufactured uncertainty about the human causes of global warming just as tobacco companies denied their product caused lung cancer," said Alden Meyer, the Union of Concerned Scientists' Director of Strategy & Policy. "A modest but effective investment has allowed the oil giant to fuel doubt about global warming to delay government action just as Big Tobacco did for over 40 years."

Do you have any ability at all to judge any quality of any scientific research? So far, you're just coming off as something of a retard. Ever write a journal article? Hell, ever read one?