KFFL picked up on the Losman goal line comments

nodnarb

Bills | Losman to Work Goal Line Situations? - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:50:59 -0700

BuffaloBills.com reports Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman (leg) could be used as a substitute for QB Drew Bledsoe during goal line situations, according to head coach Mike Mularkey. "It's been discussed," Mularkey said. "Obviously, we can't do anything further until we get to the point where he's healthy, but it's been discussed." Losman is expected to miss at least another two-to-three weeks with a leg injury.

Bills | Wilson Signed to Practice Squad - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:37:04 -0700

BuffaloBills.com reports the Buffalo Bills have signed WR George Wilson (Lions) to their practice squad.

On the second story, George Wilson is 6'1" and around 210 lbs depending on what source you find for information. The one source that listed a speed (couchscout.com) says he runs a 4.56 40. I take couchscout with a grain of salt on that kind of information though.

BuffaloBills.com reports Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman (leg) could be used as a substitute for QB Drew Bledsoe during goal line situations, according to head coach Mike Mularkey

I can tell you from a DB's perspective that there is absolutely nothing that is a bigger pain in the ass at the goalline than a QB who can get outside the tackles.

Sprint/option, with my last breath I spit at thee........

Bills | Losman to Work Goal Line Situations? - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:50:59 -0700

BuffaloBills.com reports Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman (leg) could be used as a substitute for QB Drew Bledsoe during goal line situations, according to head coach Mike Mularkey. "It's been discussed," Mularkey said. "Obviously, we can't do anything further until we get to the point where he's healthy, but it's been discussed." Losman is expected to miss at least another two-to-three weeks with a leg injury.

Bills | Wilson Signed to Practice Squad - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:37:04 -0700

BuffaloBills.com reports the Buffalo Bills have signed WR George Wilson (Lions) to their practice squad.

75509[/snapback]

Interesting, because back around 1980 when Wyche was QB coach in SF, Steve Deberg was the starting QB. But, through the first 3/4 of the season when the 49ers got in the red zone they would pull Deburg out and put in some rookie named Montana. This Montana kid ended up starting the last 4 games or so and almost dashed the Bills hopes of an AFC East regular season title. Bledsoe's days are numbered... we all know that, but the one thing we've never seen in Buffalo is a "platoon" type concept with a QB... by that I mean bringing in a different QB depending on the situation rather than a QB stinking out the house or getting injured.

Guest Drive By Pats Fan

This also happened with Bledsoe in New England in 2000. They inserted the immortal Michael Bishop on short yardage situations. Bishop was like Kordell Stewart, but dumber. I don't think he ever actually threw a pass. Just hand off or sneak.

Last I heard, Bishop was still a backup QB.... in the CFL.

I don't think he ever actually threw a pass. Just hand off or sneak.

Oh yeah he did. I remember he threw up a hail mary at the end of the first half in one game... and that prayer got answered.