Patri*ts Kaczur avoids jail time

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_...ots_linema.html

Kaczur paid $355 after pleading guilty to speeding and will have the misdemeanor drug charge of possessing 202 OxyContin dismissed if he stays out of trouble for six months. The 315-pound tackle also agreed to participate in a two-year drug treatment program administered by his employer, the New England Patriots.

The assistant DA said the pills were for Kaczur's "own use". 202 pills for himself alone? That's one hell of a habit.

Who is he kidding?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_...ots_linema.html

The assistant DA said the pills were for Kaczur's "own use". 202 pills for himself alone? That's one hell of a habit.

Who is he kidding?

It isn't that far fetched. A lot of pill addicts take as many as 20 pills a day, depending on the type, dosage and their level of addiction.

It isn't that far fetched. A lot of pill addicts take as many as 20 pills a day, depending on the type, dosage and their level of addiction.

As far as I know, doctors don't fill scripts for pain meds in triple digit quantities.....

"Yeah Doc I'm addicted to oxys so can I get a couple hundred instead of the standard 40?"

"Oh Yeah, sorry I forgot you were an addict. Here ya go."

:blink:

As far as I know, doctors don't fill scripts for pain meds in triple digit quantities.....

"Yeah Doc I'm addicted to oxys so can I get a couple hundred instead of the standard 40?"

:blink:

Back in 1993 when i was on vacation back home in Niagara Falls

I had an outbreak of Shingles that the Infectious Disease Dept

head told me was the worst he had seen in 3yrs, he had

just taken the job at the hospital that week and he came from

NYC

Long story short, after 13days of isolation i was released

but was still having sever back spasms , the Pain Clinic

Rx me T3 2 every 4 hours as needed, when i had it filled

it was a bottle of 360 tablets!

so Drs do Rx pills in the 100's, not that i took them as Rxed

they lasted me i think 4-5 yrs, came in very handy with the

Migraine/cluster headaches i get <_<

:thumbsup:

Doctors do prescribe pills in triple digit amounts, as Rovey mentioned. I have had painkiller prescribed in 100's myself.

Also, it seems like you are assuming he obtained them legally - i.e. from a doctor, which if it were the case he wouln't have gone to court. He probably bought 300 or so from a dealer. Again, it just isn't far fetched for a pill popper to have a few hundred pills that are for themselves, and not intended for distribution.

I guess I am naive when it comes to pain killer addiction. I'm sorry to hear anyone on this board ever had to get them in that amount.

But I still suspect Kaczur got off lightly because he was a pro athlete, a first time offender, and he sang like a bird to law enforcement.

I guess I am naive when it comes to pain killer addiction. I'm sorry to hear anyone on this board ever had to get them in that amount.

But I still suspect Kaczur got off lightly because he was a pro athlete, a first time offender, and he sang like a bird to law enforcement.

I agree with both points! :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that he got off lightly due to his status and what he gave up on the dealer, but the oxys were definitely personal use. He's not selling them...why would a millionaire athlete take such a risk to flip pills for a few more thousand?

I don't doubt that he got off lightly due to his status and what he gave up on the dealer, but the oxys were definitely personal use. He's not selling them...why would a millionaire athlete take such a risk to flip pills for a few more thousand?

Had some nornal joe been nabbed with 202 illigal Canadian pills he's be in a federal prison right now.

Kaczur had been caught speeding here on the outskirts of Utica on April 27, driving 76 miles an hour in a 65-mile-per-hour zone on the New York State Thruway. In addition to illegally tinted windows and a loud muffler, 202 OxyContin pills were found by police in Kaczur's car.

One mile less in speed and the cops would have let him whip on by w/o a thought of it.

Ask Mercury Morris or Nate Newton, both of whom were arrested for selling drugs.

I really don't know about that--if you add up his habit (the initial articles said he bought about $4000 worth every few days) that comes to about $400k a year, which seems a bit high for personal use.