TD one of the winners yesterday

I wouldn't call him a big winner because his team is still 1-4 in the fourth year of his 3 year rebuilding plan, but yesterday's play was directly contrary to some of the complaints lodged against TD lately.

1. His draft prowess has been faulted alot lately with folks grudgingly calling his first draft good (or merely OH if you are a TD hater) but labeling him a failure in terms of his later drafts. For the first time WM showed a huge recovery from his injury. He not only logged over 100 yards on the ground, but also a chunk of receiving yards as he and the team executed the shovel pass to great effect. It interests me that the braintrust publicly noted that the burst is there in practice like it hasn't been for WM. It interests me that this burst came back after he was essentially benched against Oakland. WM showing the talent which had him #3 on the Bills 2003 draft board would go along way toward that year's draft being declared a success for TD.

Its too early to make that judgement from my view but this first step needs to happen before you can take a second step.

2. I for one have complained loudly and long about Edwards. He disappointed as a rookie since he was basically the only highly drafted player in that draft to contribute nothing to the team. He did not deserve to start his second year. When Adams got hurt and was out for the NYJ game last year, Edwards presence was otable in that he got run all over. Yet, I would be amongthe first to sing his praises for stepping up bigt time yesterday both in terms of his individual stats and how the TEAMs production improved with him in there. TD gets the credit if Edwards keeps it up for overseeing an outstanding draft his first year.

3. TD's big failing in my view was a complete failure in hiring GW as HC. He certainly avoided hiring a guy who could fire him like he did with Cowher, but the Bills W/L suffered from this choice. MM needs to win his first gae before he can win his second and it is to be hoped this is the start on his way to a great record and for Bills fans TD being a big success.

Its too early to declare him a success and he probably won't lose his job regardless of how we do on the field (at least thi season) because he has delivered for Ralph on the business side. However, you have to take the first step before you can take the second one and yesterday's performance was essential for TD.