Shockey traded to Saints

Peter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Saints really did give up a 2nd and a 5th rounder, I think they overpaid. Shockey is overrated and injury prone.

I agree with the injury prone thing...and I also think the guy is a big-time jerk...bit, I do think, when healthy, he is pretty damn talented. Maybe being away from New York, and Couglin will improve his dispostion some. I actually think he will be a pretty good fit in New Orleans...Drew Brees fantasy football stock just shot up...

If the Saints really did give up a 2nd and a 5th rounder, I think they overpaid. Shockey is overrated and injury prone.

I'd take him on the bills any day, it's not only that he's been the most consistent pass catching TE besides Gonzales and Gates over the last 5 years, but he's also a beast of a blocker in the run game. I feel like Shockey is one of those guys who gets called overrated so much that now he's underrated, he'll do well in that offense.

I'd take him on the bills any day, it's not only that he's been the most consistent pass catching TE besides Gonzales and Gates over the last 5 years, but he's also a beast of a blocker in the run game. I feel like Shockey is one of those guys who gets called overrated so much that now he's underrated, he'll do well in that offense.

I would put Jason Witten above Shockey at this point too!

I think the nature of the sport would dictate that every player is "injury prone." What's his value then, if a 2/5 is too much?

I'm not sure if "injury prone" is the right word. But he is coming off a very severe leg injury. I'm sure the saints talked to the doctors and saw him work out before they made the trade, but it will be interesting to see how he bounces back. Once again, I still think he's a very good player, but sometimes its tough to come back from that type of injury.

Seems like there are about 8-10 teams going all out to win this season. And then there are the rest. It's obvious this is a win now move, but NO has a decent amount of room in cap space, with more than 24M.

For the record, only KC, GB, TB, MIA, and NO have more cap room than Buffalo according to Peter King in his MMQB column today.

Shockey is a tough SOB and plays that way on the field. He played his heart out for the Giants. Injury prone, I don't think so.

Buffalo missed the boat by not landing this TE on our squad. It's to bad Buffalo upper brass turned their heads on this one.

;) ;) :wallbash::lol::D :D

Seems like there are about 8-10 teams going all out to win this season. And then there are the rest. It's obvious this is a win now move, but NO has a decent amount of room in cap space, with more than 24M.

For the record, only KC, GB, TB, MIA, and NO have more cap room than Buffalo according to Peter King in his MMQB column today.

Does that cap room include what we will need to put up to sign the rest of our draft class though?

A change of scenery may be good for Shockey, and New Orleans is probably the kind of town he'll enjoy. I disagree with Frez that this was some sort of gaffe by Bills' management not to obtain him, however. The fit just doesn't seem to be there. Shockey strikes me as a guy with a McGahee kind of attitude; he'd probably complain about the women in Buffalo and trash the town at every opportunity. Whether you agree with the philosophy or not, the Bills seem to be trying to build a "team-first" mentality and Shockey doesn't exactly fit that scenario.

IDK lori man i still think the Panthers will bounce back this year, i dont like the saints D.

One of the strengths of the Saints' D last season was the line, and now they have Vilma to plug into MLB in their 4-3. Vilma was always a talent, but struggled mightily with Mangini's 3-4. I think they will win that division going away.

A big piece will be restoring Deuce in the workhorse role. Bush has taken a lot of flak, but I think he's excellent if you accept him for what he is. Just because he was averaging 9 ypc in college, some people were expecting that in the NFL, and that's just not gonna happen for anybody. But as a flanker/receiver/occasional runner, he's been as good as advertised. Smashing it up the middle 25 times would kill the guy.

Agree. The Bills offense could use a little attitude.

IDK lori man i still think the Panthers will bounce back this year, i dont like the saints D.

Are you assuming that the post-Tommy-John-surgery Delhomme will be the same QB who took that team to a Super Bowl? I'm not so sure. Plus, Rucker and Jenkins are gone from the once-fierce defensive line.

As for the Saints, the corners are still soft, but they added Sed Ellis and Bobby McCray to the line (along with trading for the previously-mentioned Vilma).