Catfight!!

Wrong.

She thrust herself into the spotlight.

Nobody forced her to pose half-naked, or use those double-entendres in her advertising.

She used sex to sell herself, and now she can't stand the spotlight that it caused.

Thrust.....

Danica Patrick = Anna Kournikova only about a tenth as hot. They were both hyped way beyond all reasonable boundaries because they were attractive. Kournikova never won a tournament and Patrick has won one race, a race in japan, that half the top drivers wern't even at.

Watching a Kornikova event was at least entertaining because you could benefit from the eye candy. Watching a Patrick race is jsut like any other race because her car isn't any hotter than the other cars...until she hits the wall and it catches fire...or runs over a pit crew member...

Let's be fair here. At least Patrick has won a race and is generally competitive. Did Kornikova ever win a tournament? I do think there is more pressure placed on Danica because she is a woman. A guy with her record would be considered pretty good. But because she doesn't win every race, people question her skills.

PTR

Let's be fair here. At least Patrick has won a race and is generally competitive. Did Kornikova ever win a tournament? I do think there is more pressure placed on Danica because she is a woman. A guy with her record would be considered pretty good. But because she doesn't win every race, people question her skills.

PTR

Name me one male racer in any motorsport that has won exactly one race that gets that type of publicity. I don't care that she doesn't win every race, nobvody wins all the time but she's won ONCE, ever, in multiple seasons with different teams. Once. Yet she's the onyl driver ever talked about on TV, she's on every single promo, we all know her name. one race...in Japan...when the top drivers stayed home...

Wrong.

She thrust herself into the spotlight.

Nobody forced her to pose half-naked, or use those double-entendres in her advertising.

She used sex to sell herself, and now she can't stand the spotlight that it caused.

But when she did those things, she was already in the spotlight

But true, she didn't have to accept any of those offers. Although I do wonder if there was any pressure from the IRL on her to do that stuff to promote a struggling racing league, and make her a "poster girl" for them.

The double-entendres in the advertising is also not her fault, unless she also has credit for writing the commercials for her cars sponsor.

Name me one male racer in any motorsport that has won exactly one race that gets that type of publicity. I don't care that she doesn't win every race, nobvody wins all the time but she's won ONCE, ever, in multiple seasons with different teams. Once. Yet she's the onyl driver ever talked about on TV, she's on every single promo, we all know her name. one race...in Japan...when the top drivers stayed home...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Andretti

He doesn't get as much publicity, but he also is not a woman in a mans "sport" (I put it in parenthisis because I don't feel auto racing qualifies as a sport)

He has won 1 race over his career and is mentioned ALOT due to his family name and his performance at the Indy 500

Both racers have about the same amount of IRL experience (Danica has one year more)

Danica Patrick = Anna Kournikova only about a tenth as hot. They were both hyped way beyond all reasonable boundaries because they were attractive. Kournikova never won a tournament and Patrick has won one race, a race in japan, that half the top drivers wern't even at.

Watching a Kornikova event was at least entertaining because you could benefit from the eye candy. Watching a Patrick race is jsut like any other race because her car isn't any hotter than the other cars...until she hits the wall and it catches fire...or runs over a pit crew member...

Reminds me of a line I heard during the WSOP:

Dealt an Ace/King was called an "Anna Kournikova". Looks good but never wins :blink: