this made me smile

l< j

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ.../20/mmqb/1.html

(edited for punctuation)

Factoid That May Interest Only Me

In the 36th-floor midtown Manhattan studio of Sirius Satellite Radio -- where I work a day or two a week doing "The Morning Drive'' with Bob Papa and Randy Cross -- sits a big naugahyde easy chair with a Patriots* logo, with their Super Bowl titles sewn in. Earlier this month, Plaxico Burress of the Giants was an in-studio guest. As he walked out of the studio, he looked over at the chair.

"Can I sign something?'' Burress said to Eric Fenton, producer of the show.

"Sure,'' Fenton said.

"Got a Sharpie?'' Burress asked.

Fenton handed him one, and, over the Patriots*' Elvis logo, Burress signed his name, his number (17), and "XLII Champs!''

As cool as can be, Burress walked out of the studio.

"Looks pretty good,'' he said on his way out the door.

kj

That's great. He also should have put an asterisk on the logo.

I'm always confused when this subject keeps popping up. Don't they actually have to accomplish something in order to have an asterisk?

PK also says in his MMQB that Farve WON'T go to Buffalo, Miami or NYJ.. evidently because they/we're not winners..

Ole Cotton is personally of the opinion that Favre can and should do whatever he wants in regard to his retirement/unretirement. He's not hurting his legacy. He's done what he's done on the field. Anything he does at this point won't change what he's already accomplished in my opinion. But alas, Ole Cotton is not here to debate that particular issue in this thread. Nay... what Ole Cotton is here to say, is simply that despite his respect for Ye Old Brett Favre, I wouldn't want him in Buffalo next season. Despite Favre's comeback year last season, there's a very good chance Trent Edwards will outplay Favre this season.

It's not so much that Trent set the world on fire last year, but the things Trent does well (quick release, quick decisions, reads plays well, very accurate/hits receivers in perfect stride which allows 3 yd. dump off passes to turn into 10-15 yd. gains that move the chains) tend to manifest quickly into effective offense and winning football.

I'm always confused when this subject keeps popping up. Don't they actually have to accomplish something in order to have an asterisk?

This year they accomplished 18 tainted wins and a tainted AFC Championship. That doesn't even get into previous tainted NFL titles.

This year they accomplished 18 tainted wins and a tainted AFC Championship. That doesn't even get into previous tainted NFL titles.

Every real success the P*ts have had came during a time that they were documented cheaters. Period. Their asterisk should be like Rosie O'Donnell: large and loud.

Every real success the P*ts have had came during a time that they were documented cheaters. Period. Their asterisk should be like Rosie O'Donnell: large and loud.

Exactly. Everything they've done for the last several years should have an asterisk next to it.

Exactly. Everything they've done for the last several years should have an asterisk next to it.

I'll settle for the South Park version of the story where they finally decided to play a game straight and lost.

I'll settle for the South Park version of the story where they finally decided to play a game straight and lost.

That's just called karma. The asterisk serves as a reminder to the rest of the football fans that Belicheat and the P*ts didn't win anything fair and square.

If it were up to me I'd put asterisks on their helmets and jerseys, the end zones, the 50-yard-line...like the Scarlet Letter.

That's just called karma. The asterisk serves as a reminder to the rest of the football fans that Belicheat and the P*ts didn't win anything fair and square.

If it were up to me I'd put asterisks on their helmets and jerseys, the end zones, the 50-yard-line...like the Scarlet Letter.

This is why I love this board. If I posted a literature reference like that on an Eagles board, I'd probably get asked "You mean like the K in Kmart?"

This is why I love this board. If I posted a literature reference like that on an Eagles board, I'd probably get asked "You mean like the K in Kmart?"

:blink:

Good stuff. That's why I love this board.