Good Artical to read about Turk

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/394676.html

This gives me better picture into who Turk is as a coach

That's nice, but I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone writes about this staff or this team. They've got to show meaningful progress as a staff and a team IMO if they expect to keep the fans interested. The head coach Mr. Rogers is on the hot seat as far as I'm concerned, and in part with the choice of Turk after not interviewing even one outside candidate to our knowledge.

That's nice, but I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone writes about this staff or this team. They've got to show meaningful progress as a staff and a team IMO if they expect to keep the fans interested. The head coach Mr. Rogers is on the hot seat as far as I'm concerned, and in part with the choice of Turk after not interviewing even on outside candidate to our knowledge.

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but I entirely agree.

The entire article is a bunch of fluff. It may be nice to hear now, but let's see where Schonert has us at week 10.

"Trent is very mature for a young guy, very poised," Schonert said. "His pocket presence, and his all-around presence and awareness caught you. It was something that stood out last year as a rookie."

Yet, he was the least productive QB in the league last year, right Turk. Conveniently forgot to mention that.

In 2006, Schonert overhauled Losman's mechanics to help him improve his completion percentage from 49.6 to 62.5.

...then in '07 threw him under the bus.

"To me it teaches you not to overload those young guys," Schonert said. "You've got to put them in situations where they can be at their best."

Hopefully Schonert will find his way to getting trent out of Pampers and into some swimmers this year. They're professional athletes Turk, not deprived inner city kids with no guidance or mentoring. Edwards went to Stanford for Petesakes.

There's absolutely nothing substantive in that piece which I had read prior to this post. Come back in week 10 and we can see precisely what Schonert picked up from Wyche.

And why has it taken Schonert 16 years to budge from being a QB coach?

Thanks for the article. It's always good to read about a guy's past and how he came to be where he is today. I have faith that he will make the most of his opportunity as OC and do some good things this year.

Wouldn't it be a lot more encouraging and refreshing to hear about a guy like the University of Miami's Shannon in the same regard and with some hopes besides just an author's opinion.

For once I'd like to read about how our coaches achieved success here and not just got hired by the Buffalo Bills and their "we say it's gonna happen" mentality.

It would be refreshing to read about how we went from DFL to the third seed in the playoffs and how we upset the top seed to go to the SB and win it.

If we want stuff like this we can all subscribe to O.

The entire article is a bunch of fluff. It may be nice to hear now, but let's see where Schonert has us at week 10.

...then in '07 threw him under the bus.

And why has it taken Schonert 16 years to budge from being a QB coach?

1) You're giving him until Week 10?!? By your tone on this board, I'd have you pegged for calling for his and Edwards' heads if we don't score on the first drive of the preseason.

2) JP threw JP under the bus. And anyway, that wasn't Schonert's call. An idiom consisting of busted plays and the long bomb might get wins against Miami or the Jets in their down years but your team will never run with the big dogs like that. Sorry. There's countless anecdotes about guys who were playing one day and on the bench the next in favor of the new guy. Where was the (non-feigned) outrage for Coy Wire? Why did no one stick up for Robert Hicks? Oh, wait. They weren't QBs.

It's trite, but Glanville's "Not For Long" sums the league up perfectly. If Trent can't develop a full game in 2-3 more years, guaranteed he's on the skids too.

3) How about Sparano whose resume is almost entirely OL coach, now he's Parcells' boy. Looks like Turk was comfortable where he was most effective. It shouldn't be a read on how capable he understands/is able to conduct an offense. There's question marks about him, sure, but training camp hasn't even started and you're on the guy's breasts already.

If we want stuff like this we can all subscribe to O.

If you're bothered by fluff pieces, then God help you come training camp time. And pretty much any other living, breathing moment b/c it's ~60% of "journalism" now.

Yeah I was taken back by the tone of the other poster in this. I thought it was nice to hear from someone who knows TS on a personal level.

I would also love to here about the success of him as a coach, but the bottom line is there is nothing to write to this point. IMO opportunities in sports has to do more with who you know, not on how good you are. You get your shot from the people you know. This could be the reason it has taken 16 years.

TS has more tools than any of the resent OC's this will be a tell of how good of a OC he is. I am not sure he should only be given one year. I really think this team is a year or two away from being a 13 win team. I will settle for a 8-8 to 9-7 season.

DJ to me is not on the hot seat yet. I think next year is his make or break season. He has had to OK years. I am not sure firing him after this year if we do not make the playoffs makes sense. Then we get to rebuild again. I know as a fan I am not ready for that again. We are moving this Titanic around it just takes way longer than most people like.

Great, now we have an OC with an ego problem. :lol:

Opposing coaches will be telling him: "Man, Turk you are unbelievable. I've never seen anybody call a game as well as you."

Next thing you know it's halfback option from the opponents 4 yard line. Thanks but no thanks.