54,200 season tickets and counting

Lori

This per an e-mail from the team. Here's the official release:

BUFFALO BILLS SEASON TICKETS SURPASS 54,000

Individual game tickets to go on sale August 21st

Orchard Park, NY – The Buffalo Bills announced today they have sold 54,200 season tickets for the upcoming season. This season ticket total ranks as the third highest in team history. The highest season ticket total in franchise history is 57,132 in 1992 and the second highest total in team history is 54,604 in 1991.

In addition, the Bills announced that a limited number of individual game tickets will go on sale to Bills Backers fan club members online through buffalobills.com beginning Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 8:00 a.m. Fans may join the Bills Backers by visiting www.buffalobills.com/billsbackers/. Anyone that signs up and becomes a member of the Bills Backers before Tuesday, August 19th will be eligible for the pre-sale. The Bills Backers is one of the largest fan clubs in the NFL and there is no cost to join.

Any remaining tickets after the Bills Backers pre-sale will be made available to the public through Ticketmaster via www.ticketmaster.com and Western and Central New York Ticketmaster locations beginning at 12 noon Thursday, August 21, 2008. A list of Ticketmaster retail locations is available at ticketmaster.com by searching ‘ticketmaster outlets’ or clicking on ‘retail locations’. Any remaining tickets may also be purchased by logging onto www.buffalobills.com, calling 1-877-BB-TICKS (1-877-228-4257) or visiting the Ralph Wilson Stadium ticket office. Due to high demand, tickets to individual games are subject to availability.

Bills season tickets are still available for purchase which includes tickets to all eight home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Fans interested in purchasing season tickets can log onto buffalobills.com, call 1-877-BB-TICKS (1-877-228-4257), or visit the Ralph Wilson Stadium Box Office. Available season ticket prices range from $288 - $480. The Buffalo Bills season ticket campaign extends through Thursday, August 28th, when the Bills host the Detroit Lions in a preseason contest at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Founded in 1959, the Buffalo Bills are one of the most storied franchises in the National Football League (NFL). The Bills have won two American Football League (AFL) Championships (1964 - 1965) and won an NFL record four straight AFC Championships (1990 - 1993) that included four trips to the Super Bowl. The Bills are a progressive organization and pride themselves on the regionalization of their team. They hold their training camp in Rochester, NY and will be the first NFL team ever to play a home game in Canada with the Bills Toronto Series that begins this season. As Western New York’s top-rated sports and entertainment choice, the Bills annually entertain nearly one million fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium, produce the region’s number-one rated sports television programming, have one of the NFL’s largest fan clubs with the Bills Backers, and host the most visited team website in Western New York. For more Bills information, please visit buffalobills.com or call (716) 648-1800.

- buffalobills.com -

I still find it odd that they are putting seats on sale to everyone only one week before their first pre-season game. I would think they'd need more time to sell.

I should point out that Lions tickets (and all games) are on sale to everyone right now through the Bills Ticket Exchange. Prices start at $35, $10 less than face.

PTR

I still find it odd that they are putting seats on sale to everyone only one week before their first pre-season game. I would think they'd need more time to sell.

I should point out that Lions tickets (and all games) are on sale to everyone right now through the Bills Ticket Exchange. Prices start at $35, $10 less than face.

PTR

They're apparently not worried about Detroit. (They're still doing the Kids' Day thing this year, so they may already have a ton of group sales to Cub Scout packs and the like.) The only regular-season game with available tickets, New England, isn't until after Christmas.

They're apparently not worried about Detroit. (They're still doing the Kids' Day thing this year, so they may already have a ton of group sales to Cub Scout packs and the like.) The only regular-season game with available tickets, New England, isn't until after Christmas.

Soooo...how are the Bills selling these Kids Day tickets without affecting the season ticket campaign? When I was upstate a couple of weeks ago, I saw a poster at my father-in-law's school advertising Kids Day tickets ($10/kids, $40/adults)...say someone ordered 4 kids and 2 adult tix, aren't those seats now out of the season ticket circulation, thus opening 6 tickets for individual game sales? Were those tickets sold to the STHers as part of the pre-sale?

I know I sound like an old wind bag on this subject, but this whole season ticket campaign has me miffed. :D

More importantly, what if the Bills find themselves with 2000 tickets to move for Seattle, only a little more than two weeks before the game, and after they told everyone in the Free World that the game was "sold out?"

Soooo...how are the Bills selling these Kids Day tickets without affecting the season ticket campaign? When I was upstate a couple of weeks ago, I saw a poster at my father-in-law's school advertising Kids Day tickets ($10/kids, $40/adults)...say someone ordered 4 kids and 2 adult tix, aren't those seats now out of the season ticket circulation, thus opening 6 tickets for individual game sales? Were those tickets sold to the STHers as part of the pre-sale?

I know I sound like an old wind bag on this subject, but this whole season ticket campaign has me miffed. :D

The season ticket total is impressive in the wake of the bad economy, smaller population and lack of a playoff birth in so many years. Looks like a healthy franchise to me.

More importantly, what if the Bills find themselves with 2000 tickets to move for Seattle, only a little more than two weeks before the game, and after they told everyone in the Free World that the game was "sold out?"

they will sell out in a day