For those of us who like Rush...

KRC

Got it...I think Penn is a pretty good actor, but I don't love him! :thumbsup:

You don't like him because you don't think he is a good actor, or you just don't like actors in general?

Not to speak for the Chef, but I think he's a bit like me in that we like our entertainers to stick to entertaining, do what they want to make the world a better place to live in, but STFU about the state of the world every time a mic is shoved in their face.

Got it...I think Penn is a pretty good actor, but I don't love him! :thumbsup:

You don't like him because you don't think he is a good actor, or you just don't like actors in general?

Actors in general. I'm not sure where it came from. It's either I don't get paying somebody $20mil to play make believe or just memorize lines and recite them. Or it may come from by restaurant days:

Chef Jim (to server chatting up the hostess in the corner of the kitchen): Hey you, are you an actor?

Server: Yes I am.

Chef Jim: Good. Then act like a !@#$ing waiter and get this food out of my kitchen before it gets cold!

Probably a combination of each. :thumbsup:

They show The Daily Show here (which we used to be big fans of) but that's REALLY gone down hill. The writing and Jon Stewarts supporting cast suck. It used to be the best with Colbert and Steve Carrell were on it. Oh well, looks like the wife and I can start watching The Colbert Report now.

I would definitly say that most of the new members are not as good as Carrell and Colbert, but those are 2 high standards being set for someone to live up to. Personally, I don' think its gone downhill though

Not to speak for the Chef, but I think he's a bit like me in that we like our entertainers to stick to entertaining, do what they want to make the world a better place to live in, but STFU about the state of the world every time a mic is shoved in their face.

Kind of like this?

Sean Penn bailing out New Orleans after Katrina. :thumbsup:

Kind of like this?

Sean Penn bailing out New Orleans after Katrina. :thumbsup:

And yet he was doing more in that photo that the mayor ever did. :thumbsup:

Wait, are you sure that wasn't Geddy Lee?

Seriously, at least he went there and helped. What I hate is the grandstanding at every turn. Like when an actor says "If so-n-so gets elected, I'm moving to Canada." As big of a Sinatra fan as I am, I don't care for his political history. And that's a guy who wasn't exceedingly publically critical of existing administrations as much as he was a tireless supporter of those he felt would do good. Besides, Sinatra never hesitated to let you know how much he loved this country. Most of the entertainers today just seem to hate this country.

Yeah, I am not crazy about that either, but, we praise athletes for doing community service?

I understand, it is a complex issue...I think Penn is a pretty damn good actor, either way...IMO, he has made, or been in, some of the best films that Hollywood has produced in the last 20 years or so...but, I diverge...this was a Rush thread...

Yeah, I am not crazy about that either, but, we praise athletes for doing community service?

Trust me, I feel the same way about athletes. That's why I don't really post anyplace other than OTW or PPP. Getting kind of tired of the whole athlete schtick.