For those of us who like Rush...

KRC

LMAO

I thought this was about Rush Limbaugh and was hoping to see him get slammed on the COlbert Report for the windbag that he is... but it was about the the Canadian power trio... which IMO is a gazillion times better.

I am a huge fan of COlbert and the Colbert Report, and that show last night was great, especially how his producer (or was it director) is a huge rush fan and kept interjecting rush stuff into the show

"You've been touring for over 30 years. Do you ever get tired of being so awesome and kicking so much ass?"

:devil:

I am a huge fan of COlbert and the Colbert Report, and that show last night was great, especially how his producer (or was it director) is a huge rush fan and kept interjecting rush stuff into the show

yeah I just watched the episode on comedycentral.com, and laughed my ass the whole time. :sick: . The band was impressive for how old they are.

I remember working at Darien Lake a bunch of years back, and they didn't sell out the PAC there. So, I snuck in to watch the last hour of their set, and was blown away. Easily one of the best performances I have ever seen. Also, it was fun having Canadians get booze for me :devil:

yeah I just watched the episode on comedycentral.com, and laughed my ass the whole time. :sick: . The band was impressive for how old they are.

I remember working at Darien Lake a bunch of years back, and they didn't sell out the PAC there. So, I snuck in to watch the last hour of their set, and was blown away. Easily one of the best performances I have ever seen. Also, it was fun having Canadians get booze for me :devil:

I'm not a huge fan of their music, but I will listen to it, I just wouldn't call myself a "Rushian"

But I will give them credit for being some of the best musicians at their instruments. Neil Pearts drum kit blows me away everytime I see it. It looks like he needs to be lowered down into it.

"You've been touring for over 30 years. Do you ever get tired of being so awesome and kicking so much ass?"

:P

"You still haven't made it into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame - are you considering naming your next album 'That's Bullsh!t'?"

:D

That was brilliant! Thanks a lot for sharing this.

It was great to see them perform again. Its been waaaay too long.

(The first concert I ever saw was Rush in Rochester for their Grace Under Pressure Tour.)

BTW - it looks like YouTube already removed the clip, but you can view the entire episode on Comedycentral.com

I had no idea that you can watch entire episodes on this. They don't show the Colbert Report down here in Kiwiland.

They show The Daily Show here (which we used to be big fans of) but that's REALLY gone down hill. The writing and Jon Stewarts supporting cast suck. It used to be the best with Colbert and Steve Carrell were on it. Oh well, looks like the wife and I can start watching The Colbert Report now.

Cheers!

not sure if he is in falsetto, i am no expert at vocals, but i think that is all his chest voice whereas falsetto is mostly throat and head.....at least that is how i describe it...Jon Anderson is more a falsetto singer, as are the bee gees...

I am shocked that Geddy Lee still hits most of those falsettos. Most men lose that ability over time.

That was brilliant! Thanks a lot for sharing this.

It was great to see them perform again. Its been waaaay too long.

(The first concert I ever saw was Rush in Rochester for their Grace Under Pressure Tour.)

BTW - it looks like YouTube already removed the clip, but you can view the entire episode on Comedycentral.com

I had no idea that you can watch entire episodes on this. They don't show the Colbert Report down here in Kiwiland.

They show The Daily Show here (which we used to be big fans of) but that's REALLY gone down hill. The writing and Jon Stewarts supporting cast suck. It used to be the best with Colbert and Steve Carrell were on it. Oh well, looks like the wife and I can start watching The Colbert Report now.

Cheers!

Yeah, when I went to it, I did an immediate detour to the panty show down below...interesting stuff, this youtube... :D

Seriosly, just do a Colbert Rush search, and it comes up...just wathced it. Gotta say, I am a bigger Colbert fan than a Rush fan, but it was pretty funny...and they do sound great..."Tom Sawyer" takes me back to jr high!

Chef hates everything... :D

No I'm just very passionate about the things that I despise (hate is a very strong word). :P

For instance I love Rush, have for probably close to 35 years but I didn't feel it necessary to mention it here in this thread until you brought up that I hate everything. Sean Penn and his Hollywood brethren? I despise with a passion.

Everyone should have a passion in life. :P

"You still haven't made it into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame - are you considering naming your next album 'That's Bullsh!t'?"

:D

Geddy, Alex and Neil all got a good laugh from that one, but even if they ever got in (and I don't think they will) I think it's even more unlikely that they would attend the ceremony.

No I'm just very passionate about the things that I despise (hate is a very strong word). :P

For instance I love Rush, have for probably close to 35 years but I didn't feel it necessary to mention it here in this thread until you brought up that I hate everything. Sean Penn and his Hollywood brethren? I despise with a passion.

Everyone should have a passion in life. :thumbsup:

Got it...I think Penn is a pretty good actor, but I don't love him! :thumbsup:

You don't like him because you don't think he is a good actor, or you just don't like actors in general?