White trash

Fourth Degree possession? Later the say one of the woman was charged with 7th degree? How many degrees are there?

And hey, if you were in a band that had just released an album of childrens songs after almost 20 years of playing and touring regular songs, wouldn't you want do a few lines when looking back at your career?

Funny thing is, I just saw a commercial at the movie theatre (one of those ones made by the theatre company) where he was showing 2 "hosts" how to make his special popcorn that he makes and loves. I guess they left out the third kind thats covered in a mysterious white powder

How could you not love a story like that. First, I think we all can agree that BNL is one of the most pathetic "bands" out there. And now we clearly know what he'd do if he did, in fact, have a million dollars.

But this stuff you can't make up: The arrest comes as the band, known for its clean image and cross-generational appeal, recently put out a new album for kids titled "Snacktime," a collection of two dozen original children's songs.

Snacktime, by the BareNakedLadies.

"Well gather children

and let's start a rhyme

to glorify

our favorite time.

"You just woke up

from an afternoon nap

So you know what's next?

Let's have a snack!

"First you get your razor blade.

Make sure it's nice and new.

Now slowly grab your eightball

Try not to say "Achoo."

Slowly cut your coke up

into rows that are sublime.

Now stick your straw straight up your nose.

It's Snacky Snacky Snacktime!!"

Fourth Degree possession? Later the say one of the woman was charged with 7th degree? How many degrees are there?

And hey, if you were in a band that had just released an album of childrens songs after almost 20 years of playing and touring regular songs, wouldn't you want do a few lines when looking back at your career?

Funny thing is, I just saw a commercial at the movie theatre (one of those ones made by the theatre company) where he was showing 2 "hosts" how to make his special popcorn that he makes and loves. I guess they left out the third kind thats covered in a mysterious white powder

I'd be curious to know just how many charges of 4th degree possession stick, let alone 7th. Does 7th mean you were simply in the vicinity of it and said "That's not mine"?

And nevermind the $1000000. I'm sure his wife is getting 1/2, then he'll have to pay the child support on 3 rugrats. I'm guessing he'll be left with just about enough for an 8-ball.

I'd be curious to know just how many charges of 4th degree possession stick, let alone 7th. Does 7th mean you were simply in the vicinity of it and said "That's not mine"?

And nevermind the $1000000. I'm sure his wife is getting 1/2, then he'll have to pay the child support on 3 rugrats. I'm guessing he'll be left with just about enough for an 8-ball.

I would have thought 4th degree would be that you were in the vicinity of it. After seeing that there was a 7th degree, I figured that would be something like you lived in a neighborhood that had a dealer living about 5 houses down who had some coke on site

As for the band and their music, I'm personally not a fan, but I have never had a problem with it, theres much worse out there being called music

Whenever I think of them doing a childrens album, I keep thinking of Charlie Sheen on "Two and a Half Men" as Charlie Waffles, the persona he came up with to make childrens music. Maybe Steven page was trying to wmulate Charlie Sheen? I wouldn't be surprised to find out those girls were or are strippers/prostitutes

• 3 months later...

Updates....

Fayetteville, New York (WSYR-TV) - Steven Page, a lead singer for the band “Barenaked Ladies,” pleaded guilty to drug possession Tuesday night in Fayetteville Village Court.

Page was arrested over the summer along with Stephanie Ford and Christine Benedicto, after cocaine and marijuana were found in a Fayetteville apartment.

Page was originally charged with 4th degree possession, but that charge was lessened to 7th degree possession in exchange for a guilty plea. If he successfully completes drug treatment over the next six months, the charge could be dropped entirely.

--more at the link above--

Oh, my! Musicians smoking pot and snorting cocaine. What HAS become of this world?

I have one question:

While investigating the car, officers saw a man and woman inside an apartment, at a kitchen table with a white capsule. Further investigation found the two were in possession of a substance that tested positive for cocaine.

Police arrested Page, 38, of Toronto, Canada, and Ford, of East Genesee Street, and charged them with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 4th degree, a felony. Ford was also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana.

Is a "white capsule" probably cause? How is a white capsule suspicious in any way? Remember we're talking about spotting a "white capsule" inside an apartment (on a kitchen table) from the driveway? I have fiber pills that are white capsules. I guess I better keep the doors shut.