Favre in Tampa last night

Reports are Brett had dinner with the Bucs brass & toured the Bucs facilities last night after his interview with Greta.

If that's true, the Bucs were Tampa-ring and will be losing a pick or two & get fined. I doubt those reports are true since most of this stuff is done with the agent, not the player talking with the tampering club. Stuff like this goes on, but not player & team brass.

Link?

It was my understanding that Favre is still property of the Packers and therefore not allowed to talk with other teams.

I just heard it on WDAE 620 AM the BUCS flagship station in Tampa. They said Favre had permission to talk to the Bucs & also had a unique no trade clause in his contract so he could only be traded to teams he deemed acceptable.

Here is a link, for what it is worth...

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/stor...x?storyid=84919

The rumour being reported is that Bruce Allen and Brett Favre had dinner. As the article says, the rumour is only half true, and should read, instead, that Bruce Allen had dinner last night! :lol:

For what it is worth, WDAE has the inside track on the Bucs, I have heard many scoops on the Bucs & NFL in general which proved to be true on that station over the years. Ch 10 is the CBS affiliate with no ties to the Bucs.

The rumour being reported is that Bruce Allen and Brett Favre had dinner. As the article says, the rumour is only half true, and should read, instead, that Bruce Allen had dinner last night! :lol:

What an unbelievable coincidence. I had dinner last night too.

I just heard it on WDAE 620 AM the BUCS flagship station in Tampa. They said Favre had permission to talk to the Bucs & also had a unique no trade clause in his contract so he could only be traded to teams he deemed acceptable.

Ignore the comment. He thinks because it is linked to a high school blog it is news.

Lots of news is not linkable.

Isn't he still officially retired? Didn't he not officially get re-instated? If not, he can have dinner with whomever he wants. Not sure if the paper work was complete.

He is only retireds in name (moved to the Packers long term IR/retired list)

Like most athletes, he probably has not signed official retirement papers with the league yet "just in case". He is still under contract for 2 more years with GB and they still have his rights so yes it could be tampering if GB did not give him permission

The rumour being reported is that Bruce Allen and Brett Favre had dinner. As the article says, the rumour is only half true, and should read, instead, that Bruce Allen had dinner last night! :P

Oh I believe they both ate dinner, just not together, nor in the same city. :lol:

Per ESPN this morning, he WAS there and he says Tampa is too hot for his liking. As a 'retired' player, he can go to dinner with whomever he wishes and discuss anything he wishes. The Pack/NFL may not like it, but I doubt they have a legal leg to stand on.

Retired folks go to dinner in Florida all the time. :lol:

Per ESPN this morning, he WAS there and he says Tampa is too hot for his liking. As a 'retired' player, he can go to dinner with whomever he wishes and discuss anything he wishes. The Pack/NFL may not like it, but I doubt they have a legal leg to stand on.

Retired folks go to dinner in Florida all the time. :lol:

But I don't think he is officially retired, I haven't heard anywhere that he has officially signed the papers for the league to say he is retired. He is on the LTIR/retired list for the Packers, meaning he is still part of their club until he does officially retire in which case, then no one would have his rights and he could talk to whomever he wants.

Players usually do this, they come out, and they give a PC saying they are retired and will not return, but they don't sign the papers yet so they can keep their options open, because once the papers are signed, you are then officially retired. They sometimes don't sign them for a while