(OT) Boston v. NY Game 5 Thread

CosmicBills

Schilling needs to have a huge game tomorrow, the bullpen is SHOT. I cant imagine Foulke, Timlin OR Embree pitching.

That said, I cant see Rivera, Gordon or Loaiza pitching tomorrow either. Possibly even Sturtze.

I pray to god that Schilling is healthy enough and can give us a complete game or something near to that.

Yankee butts are tightening up as we speak. They did NOT want this whatsoever. This team was dead and buried after Game 3.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schilling needs to have a huge game tomorrow, the bullpen is SHOT.  I cant imagine Foulke, Timlin OR Embree pitching. 

That said, I cant see Rivera, Gordon or Loaiza pitching tomorrow either.  Possibly even Sturtze.     

I pray to god that Schilling is healthy enough and can give us a complete game or something near to that. 

Yankee butts are tightening up as we speak.  They did NOT want this whatsoever.  This team was dead and buried after Game 3.

75532[/snapback]

No it wasn't!

It was smoke and mirrors... Boston is too good a hitting team.

If the game today was played in the Bronx like it should have been... I might agree with you.

...can you imagine if this series goes to a Game 7? Second year running? Sox down 0-3 to tie it? You kiddin' me?

It's like Christmas morning every night...you can't wait to run downstairs to see what's under the tree.

It's not so much the physical wear-and-tear anymore. It's who has the mental toughness to get this thing done.

If the game today was played in the Bronx like it should have been... I might agree with you.

75540[/snapback]

That's what annoys me about the so called "homefield advantage"...it's only 2 games, unless you go the last 2 also. :o:(

BTW...if this game was in the Bronx...the Yankees would have won.

One last thought...why the hell did Loaiza pitch to Ortiz after he kept hitting at all his pitches? He should have walked him and pitched to Mientkiewicz. No matter whether you had bases loaded or two on base...all they needed was one out. I'd feel much more comfortable with getting Mientkiewicz out OVER Ortiz.

That's what annoys me about the so called "homefield advantage"...it's only 2 games, unless you go the last 2 also.  :o  :(

BTW...if this game was in the Bronx...the Yankees would have won.

75545[/snapback]

I am not whining Sox fans!

I hate the 2-3-2 format in any sport!

It is just wrong... I feel evens things out too much with regards to field.

They started this BS in the mid 80's and it suck.

Another thing... The best team in the regular season should play the WC team regardless of divison.

NO MATTER WHAT SPORT.

:o

I agree, Yankees would have won this if it was in NY. But it wasnt. Sox still are fighting the odds AND a great team.

Both bullpens are shot for tomorrow. Should be very interesting to see if they even get the game in. Looks like rain in the forecast. Who does that help more?

By the way, NICE win for Houston tonight. Up 3-2 on St. Louis with momentum clearly in their favor.

Schilling needs to nut up and pitch no matter the consequences.  I dont care if it results in him missing all of next season as long as he wins tomorrow.    We may never get this close again.    

Get to Game 7 and ANYTHING can happen.

75534[/snapback]

Like the Red Sox fans getting their hearts ripped out & handed to them yet again. Too bad. :o

I am not whining Sox fans!

I hate the 2-3-2 format in any sport!

It is just wrong... I feel evens things out too much with regards to field.

They started this BS in the mid 80's and it suck.

Another thing... The best team in the regular season should play the WC team regardless of divison.

NO MATTER WHAT SPORT.

:o

75553[/snapback]

How about 3-3-1?

How about 3-3-1?

75561[/snapback]

It is better than 2-3-2.

2-2-1-1-1 is still the best for 7!

Another note, isn't funny how a game goes 6 and a team wins 4-2... Just worlds away from that 7 game 4-3 win!

Go old school... best of 9 for the WS... Make it a juggernaut.

I can't get too much baseball... Sure glad Buffalo doesn't have a MLB team.

Has it?  What/who decides?  Boston/NYC... Just a stone's thrown down on the pike.

75572[/snapback]

Check your history book. The World Series has been 2-3-2 in its best-of-7 format going back to the 1920s. The 1919 "Black Sox" Series with Cincinnati I believe was the last that was a best-of-9. Reds won the "thrown" series, 5 games to 3.

Like the Red Sox fans getting their hearts ripped out & handed to them yet again. Too bad. :o

75558[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, my team is already dead and buried. They are playing with house money right now. Whereas if the Yankees go on to lose, it will be the single greatest choke job in all of professional sports.

You tell me which would be worse?

Schilling is a warrior but I do not see how he can pitch well with a torn tendon. Wakefield pitched tonight and they will need cornrows for game 7 if there is a game 7. I am not sure who will pitch if Schilling pitches batting practice-Lowe? Then who bails out cornrows if there is a game 7? The Yanks bullpen is shot too but I would bet $ that Lieber lasts longer then Schilling. Each team needs the starter to go 7 innings. One key for the Yanks might be Javier Vasquez. He had a rough year this year but is young and was one of the best pitchers in baseball last year. If the game goes extra innings again or Lieber gets hit I like Vasquez. We have yet to see Steve Karsay yet either. He pitched well down the stretch- I am not sure he is on our roster. I know we kept 11 pitchers and I imagine he is on it. Rain screwed the Yanks on Friday night. The sox bullpen was more shot then ours back then and it allowed the redsox to reallign their starters. I bet tomorrows game gets rained out. I hope to God not- that would help boston again. Good win for boston but they are running of fumes IMO. Lets go Yanks! Lets put up a high score and help out Lieber!

As far as I'm concerned, my team is already dead and buried.  They are playing with house money right now.  Whereas if the Yankees go on to lose, it will be the single greatest choke job in all of professional sports.   

You tell me which would be worse?

75581[/snapback]

I don't think it would be the greatest single "Choke Job". These teams are just too evenly matched.

So what... The Yanks won the first 3... Sox the next and then the rubber game.

These last two games were a home field win in extras.

NOW... if the Yanks blow both next games in extras... I might see your point.

BOSTON IS DUE!

You can't hold everyones number all the time.

I wouldn't be devastated.

You don't think the FOX aren't deep in the butts of the Yankees...come one...they are truely one sided

75338[/snapback]

Have you listened to Tim McCarver talk?

"The Yankees get all the breaks, the Red Sox are so unlucky, wah".

I know Joe Buck mentioned the ground rule double that cost the Yankees a run in the 9th, but if that happened to the Red Sox, McCarver would have been harping on it every 5 minutes for the rest of the game.