ok, need some landscaping tips

The Poojer

i know its late in the season to be doing this, but "it is what it is". Have about a 2-2.5 ft wide by 20-25 ft in length area that borders a concrete walkway. I am going to put 4-6 terra cotta pots along the walkway and plant different plants of varying height and color in those. I am looking for what to do on the ground beneath and between the pots. I am thinking of a low growing variagated ground cover, or maybe an ajuga type plant that has some green and purples in it. anyone have any suggestions as to the type of plants that may work well? i want to stay away from hostas or decorative grasses. i want something that will spread nicely. anyone, anyone, anyone? are wandering jews a good ground cover here in the capital of the confederacy? i had always thought they were an indoor plant, but saw them as ground cover at lowes this morning. thanks in advance

I planted some burgundy glow bugleweed . It gets 4 inches high at the most. It`s evergreen,gets blue flowers, with wine colored leaves. It looks great.

Got to get me some of that wine .

Put in different herbs .

yeah, the ex wife suggested lantana, so that is out :devil:, what i was looking for, i found out was a large leaf periwinkle variegated, vinca major vaiegata

Not sure if Virginia is the right climate for Lantana or Verbania but they are very drought and sun tolerant, spread quickly and have nice flowers most of the time. Used for groundcover quite a bit in California.

yeah, the ex wife suggested lantana, so that is out :ph34r:, what i was looking for, i found out was a large leaf periwinkle variegated, vinca major vaiegata

Here's the problem with the Vinca major . After 2 years you will swear it's Kudzo and it will take over . Lantana won't come back in Virginia unless you protect it really well in winter. Only a limited Hardy lantana even stands a chance in NC.