Jason Peters

bobinaz

I just dont understand why (and maybe they are) cant just under the table tell Peters play your contract this year and next year we will make you the richest LT in the league.

Saves face for the bills who dont cave in with a player with 3 years left on his contract and Peters wins in the end.

We gotta lock up Lee Evans

If your Peters or his agent would you go for that? What happens if he gets injured this year. Peters just maybe the most underpaid player in the NFL. Time to take care of him & not have to worry about the left side of your line for the next 5-6 years.

If your Peters or his agent would you go for that? What happens if he gets injured this year. Peters just maybe the most underpaid player in the NFL. Time to take care of him & not have to worry about the left side of your line for the next 5-6 years.

Nailed it.

Teams around the NFL are all paying for talent now, it's not as if the Bills will be the only team that has to pay what seems to be ridiculous money.

Look at what Dockery got a year ago, does anyone here think that Dockery would be half as good if Peters wasn't playing next to him?

Just pay the man and know that the left side of your O-line is arguably the best in football.

Um, no. Plain and simple you give Peters elite money for a long term deal (at least 5 years) and you get this done before training camp.

Jason Peters is the most important player on this team. Lee Evans will have a better season if Peters is happy as will anyone on the offensive side of the ball.

It could also be argued that having an elite LT will lead to longer drives which in turn gives the defense a better rest.

This is the first time in years that the Bills have a top player at any position, why screw around and set the team back?

I can't disagree with any of that. Peters had a pro bowl year. As highly as I think of Lee Evans, he did not have a pro bowl year, far from it. I don't think it is an either/or situation, we need them both but if it were, I'd go with Peters.