Jason Peters

bobinaz

With the contract extensions of Butler and Williams, and Peters holding out for a new one, has there been any word of a deal getting done soon for Peters?

I really hope the front office doesn't ignore this to the point where he is a no show for training camp. The O-line needs to pick up where they left off from last season and Peters needs to be there. I'm not crazy about the idea of sliding Walker over to LT.

Only 13 days.....get er' done Brandon. :blink:

Well we didn't hear one peep out of the Bills about any of the other contracts before they were finalized. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about Peters situation either.

And seeing as there isn't anything for Peters to hold out of, there isn't much news on that front.

how about we get all our draft picks locked up, get evans signed because he is more important, then deal with the whiney Peters who still has 3 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CURRENT CONTRACT....come on we need to get Evans locked up first!

Agreed. There is no way Peters will pass up $3 million this season. Evans is more important.

I just dont understand why (and maybe they are) cant just under the table tell Peters play your contract this year and next year we will make you the richest LT in the league.

Saves face for the bills who dont cave in with a player with 3 years left on his contract and Peters wins in the end.

We gotta lock up Lee Evans

I hate to burst everyones bubble but Lee Evans ain't doin' Jack Schitt if Peters is sitting out. Peters in the key to our offense. We need to be getting our best player his due.

So, the offense that ranked like 31'st last season with Peters going to the Pro Bowl

is going to fall how far without him?

So, the offense that ranked like 31'st last season with Peters going to the Pro Bowl

is going to fall how far without him?

Going by that logic, if the Bills let Evans walk, again how far can the offense fall without him? :devil:

Going by that logic, if the Bills let Evans walk, again how far can the offense fall without him? :devil:

Precisely. How much worse could it have been.

Well, yeah. WITH Peters and Evans in there, Evans had approx. six games with 2 or catches.

Not exactly lighting it up.

;)

Having a Pro Bowl left tackle is great I guess, having a Pro Bowl QB or offensive coordinator would be better.

first priority is rookies then Evans then Peters...but Id have to say that the only thing that makes Evans higher priority than Peters is that he's going into his last year...If Peters and Evans were both on last year Peters would be way higher priority...Its a lot easier to find a WR then a probowl, dominant LT...Dont get me wrong I want both re-signed.

I hate to burst everyones bubble but Lee Evans ain't doin' Jack Schitt if Peters is sitting out. Peters in the key to our offense. We need to be getting our best player his due.

Oline is the most important thing. Agree 100 %

With the contract extensions of Butler and Williams, and Peters holding out for a new one, has there been any word of a deal getting done soon for Peters?

I really hope the front office doesn't ignore this to the point where he is a no show for training camp. The O-line needs to pick up where they left off from last season and Peters needs to be there. I'm not crazy about the idea of sliding Walker over to LT.

Only 13 days.....get er' done Brandon. :devil:

I see Peters reporting to TC and playing out this year on this current contract. Management will then give him the payoff he seeks if he makes another PB.

how about we get all our draft picks locked up, get evans signed because he is more important, then deal with the whiney Peters who still has 3 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CURRENT CONTRACT....come on we need to get Evans locked up first!

It is standard practice to renegotiate a contract prior to its expiration when circumstances dictate that it be done. We did it for Schobel when Kelsay got a bigger contract despite not being as good of a player as Schobel. Since we have done it for others, Peters can certainly argue that there is no reason not to do it for him. Evans didn't make the pro bowl, Peters did. Left Tackles are highly valued in this league and he is one of the best. Based on his performance and value, he is seriously underpaid.

We need to resolve the Peters situation.

Um, no. Plain and simple you give Peters elite money for a long term deal (at least 5 years) and you get this done before training camp.

Jason Peters is the most important player on this team. Lee Evans will have a better season if Peters is happy as will anyone on the offensive side of the ball.

It could also be argued that having an elite LT will lead to longer drives which in turn gives the defense a better rest.

This is the first time in years that the Bills have a top player at any position, why screw around and set the team back?