Ashton, not gone but forgotten?

The biggest problem with your logic is you're going by computer simulation. Play a couple of regular season games in between each evaluation, simulate the rest, and play the Super Bowl. They'll be 90 overall, atleast, after the 1st year. :blink:

The biggest problem with your logic is assuming that I give a rats ass about what Madden says about the Bills

I remember Madden 2003ish when I won a couple Super Bowls with Alex Van Pelt as my QB and Greggggg Williams HC. Gregggggggo retired and Killdrive became HC, and then I won a couple more Super Bowls

I would put Donte Whitner in that Category if he was a "best of whats left" choice, but he was the guy that the Bills wanted all along. He was only the wrong choice because he wasn't who the fans wanted and who the Draft "experts" thought they should take.

But your first point is the way I feel about picking up Mike Williams. He was rated as one of the top o-linemen in the draft that year. The Bills took him because they needed a linemen and he was supposed to be one of the best, unfortunatly for them, he was a bust and did not work out well. I can't blame the GM 100% for making that pick because the player was being scouted and predicted to be a great player. The player just didn't live up to the hype

With Youbouty, he was supposed to be a value pick. Someone who could be a top pick in a year or 2, but was coming out early so their stock wasn't as high and was being viewed as more of a "project". Personally, I think that had his mom not died during his first season, he wouldn't be fighting for a roster spot right now. But that death really set him back which was something he probably couldn't afford to have happen since he was already a bit of a risky pick coming out early

On draft day, you are what your record says you are. You can argue that practically every player that goes on day 1 has first round ability. So by your reasoning, drafting them is therefore the right decision at that time. I disagree with that. Results are the bottom line. But don't get worked about the negativity of it all. When the team wins, the organization will get accolades for things they didn't even mean to do. Football teams aren't graded on a curve. To the victor go the spoils, and that's the nature of win-or-lose competition.

I still think drafting Youboty was the right move given the information we had at the time. It just didn't work out. You can only pile so much blame on a coach/GM when they make the right decision and it doesn't work. Similarly, you can't give them too much credit if they make the wrong decision and it does work out okay - I'd put Donte Whitner in that category.

Wrong? I'd classify the Whitner pick not only as correct, but also as shear brilliance. I'll admit I was weirded out by it, and disgruntled about the pick at the time. Every thing I've ever heard from Marv, Dicky, and any staff from that draft was the Whitner was their guy and they got him. I've never got the impression they wanted anyone except him. They picked him despite all of us fans and all the Mel Kipers of the world telling them they were crazy. In the long run (so far) it looks like the Bills were spot on. And they did it with me and you sneering down our noses at them, because it's not the pick we would have done, and they didn't get good "value".

Also, if you didn't know, from everything I've heard Detroit was going to take Donte with the pick after us, and we stole him from them. Which makes the pick even better. Brilliant, not wrong .. brilliant.

And as or Youbuty... I have no idea whats up with him or why we don't trade him. But I swear, with all of our corners, and all the supposed talent they have, this is the deepest group of corners I have ever seen. As it stands (in my opinion) we could lose 4 starters to injury and still be ok at the position.