ESPN Fantasy football rag...

Buftex

So, I picked up the new ESPN Fantasy Football mag...and was reminded again (as if I needed it) how friggin irritating ESPN can be...useless magazine.

In ranking the top fantasy defensive players, they rank London Fletcher as #10. The pithy one line review says (I am parphrasing, but pretty accurately):

London Fletcher- Washington Redskins- Underappreciated tacking machine. This may not change with the addition of Kawika Mithchell and the return of Paul Posluszny. :rolleyes::D How could they print someting so stupid, and inaccurate?

"World wide leader in sports" indeed!

So, I picked up the new ESPN Fantasy Football mag...and was reminded again (as if I needed it) how friggin irritating ESPN can be...useless magazine.

In ranking the top fantasy defensive players, they rank London Fletcher as #10. The pithy one line review says (I am parphrasing, but pretty accurately):

London Fletcher- Washington Redskins- Underappreciated tacking machine. This may not change with the addition of Kawika Mithchell and the return of Paul Posluszny. :rolleyes::D How could they print someting so stupid, and inaccurate?

I'll bet the parents of the hottie who wrote that gem were really proud when she got that flashy internship for the summer!

Are you f***ing serious!? How ignorant. What is the job of an editor? Yet another slap in the face from ESPN to us Bills fans.

Are you f***ing serious!? How ignorant. What is the job of an editor? Yet another slap in the face from ESPN to us Bills fans.

How bout to sports fans in general?

There's been a lot of griping lately about the media not doing its job, blah blah blah. But doesn't this fall into that category? Isn't this a clear sign that it has NOTHING to do with sports reporting, and EVERYTHING to do with selling issues and ad-space?

How bout to sports fans in general?

There's been a lot of griping lately about the media not doing its job, blah blah blah. But doesn't this fall into that category? Isn't this a clear sign that it has NOTHING to do with sports reporting, and EVERYTHING to do with selling issues and ad-space?

Unfortunately, sports fans in general want their fix of "boo yaa", plays of the week/day/last 5 seconds, and useless banter 'tween a couple wannabe Letterman show anchors. Aside from PTI, I have little use for ESPN.

Unfortunately, sports fans in general want their fix of "boo yaa", plays of the week/day/last 5 seconds, and useless banter 'tween a couple wannabe Letterman show anchors. Aside from PTI, I have little use for ESPN.

PTI with Tony K and Wilbon is really really good (IMO). PTI with one of them plus a guest is usually OK (IMO). PTI with two guest hosts is not so good (IMO).

I am still surprised at how 'stiff' Kornheiser comes off on MNF because he appears so quick and relaxed on PTI. Guess PTI is mostly scripted though?

This was in print? At least, with a website, if you make a mistake, you can change it when someone points it out. In print, that's embarassing.

Yeah, it looks like they got it right online.

Interestingly (not a fantasy geek, so I could have this wrong) they have the highest Bill, Schobel, ranked at #35, the 11th d-lineman. Crowell is our first LB at 47, Poz is 107 overall, 49th LB. Stroud doesn't appear to make the list unless I've missed him.

Yeah, it looks like they got it right online.

Interestingly (not a fantasy geek, so I could have this wrong) they have the highest Bill, Schobel, ranked at #35, the 11th d-lineman. Crowell is our first LB at 47, Poz is 107 overall, 49th LB. Stroud doesn't appear to make the list unless I've missed him.

I think that clearly demonstrates the continued philosophy of people on the board who know that ESPN for whatever reason either hates the Bills or doesn't care. The fact is, Schobel is better than the 11th best D-End in the game. Maybe not top five after last season, but definitely top 10. And Stroud not even making the list is absolutely pathetic. Maybe they just forgot about him? :rolleyes:

PTI with Tony K and Wilbon is really really good (IMO). PTI with one of them plus a guest is usually OK (IMO). PTI with two guest hosts is not so good (IMO).

I am still surprised at how 'stiff' Kornheiser comes off on MNF because he appears so quick and relaxed on PTI. Guess PTI is mostly scripted though?

Wilbon >>>>>> Tirico + Jaws