Week 1 TV Question:

That makes no sense to me. As I understand CBS = AFC, Fox = NFC.

This game begins at 10am for the NFC team, so why Fox?

He already explained it. The broadcasts are based on the conference of the visiting team. Always have been. Therefore, the Seattle and San Fran games will be carried by FOX whether they're 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. starts. The only exceptions are the "national" games on ESPN/NBC/NFL networks.

But when the NFC visits the AFC they do the switcheroo. Vice versa applies.

I think I have that right?

But when the NFC visits the AFC they do the switcheroo. Vice versa applies.

I think I have that right?

You do. Last year, the Giants game was on FOX; Cowboys game would have been if it wasn't scheduled for primetime instead.

He already explained it. The broadcasts are based on the conference of the visiting team. Always have been. Therefore, the Seattle and San Fran games will be carried by FOX whether they're 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. starts. The only exceptions are the "national" games on ESPN/NBC/NFL networks.

I...did not know that...And...I learned something today.

I was all ready to post the answer, I scroll down, and quick-triggered Lori already posted it. :rolleyes:

I wanted to feel smart about football for once! :D

HEY? WTF man? :D Just cause her splainin was better than mine don't mean I get a total discount!

How long have you been watching the NFL? Your going to be asking a stupid question like this? Fox airs the games between the AFC vs NFC that the NFC team is the visitor & CBS airs the games where the AFC is the visitor. It has been like that for as long as I could remember.

It's "you're"........what color is that kettle?

I never put em in & I have been called out on it before. I just do not feel like taking the time. I also think it is pretty silly for people to call out other posters for proper grammar on a football board. But hey, if it makes you feel like a big man, go right ahead.

I never put em in & I have been called out on it before. I just do not feel like taking the time. I also think it is pretty silly for people to call out other posters for proper grammar on a football board. But hey, if it makes you feel like a big man, go right ahead.

When you're insulting someone for not being as smart as you, it usually is a good idea to use proper English.

How long have you been watching the NFL? Your going to be asking a stupid question like this? Fox airs the games between the AFC vs NFC that the NFC team is the visitor & CBS airs the games where the AFC is the visitor. It has been like that for as long as I could remember.

I think this was established yesterday, but thanks for playing.

When you're insulting someone for not being as smart as you, it usually is a good idea to use proper English.

I never said he was'nt(there is that proper grammar for you) as smart as me or smarter. All I said was that it was a stupid question. If you have watched the NFL even as a casual watcher, you would realize pretty quickly that this is how the networks work in televising games. But as usual, there are a couple posters on the board that just can not wait to correct somebody. I know it is probably about 120 degrees in Texas right now & you can not go outside your house until sometime in mid September due to the weather conditions, but really, get a life.

I think this was established yesterday, but thanks for playing.

Sorry, I am not on the board 24 hours a day like you are, I am usually only on the board during work hours. My apologies.