Arena football

I love all kinds of football and never get bored watching a game, NFL or third french league division it does not matter, i love it... but, and even if i've really tried, i can not watch more than two drives of Arena football, as they show lot of games on some channel here. I really don't understand what so great to watch a game with about 90% of the drives ending with a TD pass. And by the way is there a worst job in pro sports than being a part of an AFL defense?!

Maybe i'm missing something or do not focus on what i should... Any Arena football fans here that could explain me what they like in that sport?

I love all kinds of football and never get bored watching a game, NFL or third french league division it does not matter, i love it... but, and even if i've really tried, i can not watch more than two drives of Arena football, as they show lot of games on some channel here. I really don't understand what so great to watch a game with about 90% of the drives ending with a TD pass. And by the way is there a worst job in pro sports than being a part of an AFL defense?!

Maybe i'm missing something or do not focus on what i should... Any Arena football fans here that could explain me what they like in that sport?

I've never been to a game, and like you, have only watched a play or two on the local tv sports reports. Seems a team shows up in Cincinnati every few years, then disappears.

I went to a roller hockey game many years ago - at the Aud. It was a carnival-like atmosphere. Just a night out, having hot dogs, popcorn, and laughs. Cheap fun for a family. My guess is that attending an Arena football game is similar.

I went to a Cleveland Gladiators game earlier this season. Lots of fun. The co-owner, Bernie Kosar, was signing autographs on the field before the game.

They beat Philly in the game I went to...and they play the Bon Jovis on Saturday. Winner to the Arena Bowl.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Gladiators went to the Arena Bowl in their first season, while the Browns still have never made it to the Super Bowl? :unsure:

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Gladiators went to the Arena Bowl in their first season, while the Browns still have never made it to the Super Bowl? :lol:

:P

IIRC, when Sam Adams played that 1 year in CIN, he bought some sort of little team. Who knows? Maybe they're some sort of tax haven...

I went to a Cleveland Gladiators game earlier this season. Lots of fun. The co-owner, Bernie Kosar, was signing autographs on the field before the game.

They beat Philly in the game I went to...and they play the Bon Jovis Jaworskis on Saturday. Winner to the Arena Bowl.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Gladiators went to the Arena Bowl in their first season, while the Browns still have never made it to the Super Bowl? :lol:

Fixed that for ya!

I can enjoy a bit of Arena football, but only if nothing else is going on. Did see a play a few games ago where the QB got tossed over the boards after throwing an interception. For some reason the offending player was tossed from the game. Seems that should be allowed.

I agree. Arena football is a joke. I've watched games live and on TV and I just can't get into it. My biggest gripe is how limited offensive strategy is because of the small field. No running game, all long ball. I'd rather watch CFL or NFLE (when it was still around) I wish the NFL would launch a spring league. They have an AF2 team here in NH and they are painful to watch.

PTR

:lol:

IIRC, when Sam Adams played that 1 year in CIN, he bought some sort of little team. Who knows? Maybe they're some sort of tax haven...

Jim Kelly, Thurman and a few others have secured another AFL team for Buffalo, to be part of the AF2 leauge...maybe trying to get some practice in, before moving on to the NFL?

Here, locally, Deon Sanders is a part owner of the Austin Wranglers...they were an AFL team, but have been demoted to AF2.

I have been to a few games. There are aspects of the game that are fun, but, ultimately, it is pretty much a no-defense leauge, which limits the excitement of the game. But, you do see some great cathces, and it is a rough sport...

I like Arena Football I'm a fan of the three time and DEFENDING Champion San Jose Sabercats. It's football when there is none. it si a family atmosphere. We would sit on the upper deck at the 50 and the seats were about $15-20. The give you something at the gate every game. I probably got hooked about 10 years ago because the QBs would toss used balls into the stands after the 3rd quarter. At the first game I went to i caught one. I got to see a championship in person. They played Arizona, which was a powerhouse then. The game was 41-0 after the 3rd quarter. Reminded me of the 51-3 Bills game. Also, some of the players are talented, but just too small for the NFL. I like it and it is a fun and cheap time.

If you see the AFL2 (the farm team league), the quality of play is much less.

The Cleveland team was in Vegas before. Columbus (formerly Buffalo) lost to San Jose in teh Arena Bowl last year.

The San Jose owner twice has taken the team to Vegas for a night on the way back to San Jose after winning the Arena Bowl ( The first win was at home).