ESPN Ranking the running game

13. Buffalo Bills

Marshawn Lynch turned what was one of the worst running games in the league into a solid one. He didn't show a lot of big-time speed or playmaking ability, but he did provide what this offense needed most and that was a big back who could pound it between the tackles. After Lynch, the Bills' depth is scarce.

Here's a quick look at their rankings (article is insider...)

San Diego

Minnesota

Jacksonville

Pittsburgh

Dallas

St. Louis

Philly

Indy

KC

49ers

Raiders

Washington

Bills

Pack

Titans

Browns

Ravens

Giants

pat*

jests

Cinci

Saints

Panthers

C-hawks

fins

Falcons

Bucs

Texans

Broncs

Cards

Lions

Bears

Funny, I think our depth is abundant at RB. It's the one position that I would not mind if we got injuries at.

I understand you like our depth, but huh?!

With regard to our depth, these guys are all so young, I'm very worried about an injury to Lynch or Jackson. Are you really comfortable with Wright or Omon coming in for a series as the backup in a game if the remaining starter gets dinged?

I understand you like our depth, but huh?!

With regard to our depth, these guys are all so young, I'm very worried about an injury to Lynch or Jackson. Are you really comfortable with Wright or Omon coming in for a series as the backup in a game if the remaining starter gets dinged?

Yeah man, before Jackson get a chance to play over the A-Train last year, I was just fuming for him to get in. I wanted Thomas hurt, I willed it to happen. Just because I guy hasn't played, doesn't mean he can't. RB is in my opinion the easiest position to learn. You grab the ball and go. Rookie or not, you either have it in you, or don't. It's not hard to mess up. One of those two will be able to do the job. (and that's out 3rd and 4th string players at the position)

Yeah man, before Jackson get a chance to play over the A-Train last year, I was just fuming for him to get in. I wanted Thomas hurt, I willed it to happen. Just because I guy hasn't played, doesn't mean he can't. RB is in my opinion the easiest position to learn. You grab the ball and go. Rookie or not, you either have it in you, or don't. It's not hard to mess up. One of those two will be able to do the job. (and that's out 3rd and 4th string players at the position)

I can't really respect wanting someone on the Bills to get hurt. Why not will the Bills coaching staff to recognize the young players' potential if they're actually a better option than whoever you're ...rooting against. Doesn't something feel a bit, you know, un-fan-like about wishing ill toward members of your favorite team?

I was excited about us gettting Wright, and want to be more excited about the prospect of him playing. I'm very eager to see Omon against 3rd stringers in pre-season, but doubt he'll be ready for any NFL snaps this year.

Yeah I know. It's bad. I did it with Webster too, I really wanted that guy gone, and I kind of cheered when he got hurt for the season.

I guess to me the chances of injury happening were greater that Dick suddenly coming to his senses. I can only hope that after Greer, Jackson and Trent last year that the coaches have learned their lesson on giving guys a shot.

Stupid Webster, that idiot lost us Ko for the whole season last year. Hate that guy. Still pisses me off.

a fair ranking and i think we close the season half a dozen spots up where we started. just a little better passing and our giant line being together could mean we get an extra 4 or 5 attempts in the first half. that would make opposing D's battered and bruised in the 2nd half, and marshawn could destroy guys in that situation.

I can't really respect wanting someone on the Bills to get hurt. Why not will the Bills coaching staff to recognize the young players' potential if they're actually a better option than whoever you're ...rooting against. Doesn't something feel a bit, you know, un-fan-like about wishing ill toward members of your favorite team?

I was excited about us gettting Wright, and want to be more excited about the prospect of him playing. I'm very eager to see Omon against 3rd stringers in pre-season, but doubt he'll be ready for any NFL snaps this year.

I know the preseason games are meaningless, but I think you can tell a lot about a player if they excel in those games. After last year's preseason it was clear to everybody (besides the bills coaching staff) that greer and jackson were ready to contribute right away even though they weren't playing against starters.

If Buffalo can meet this ranking and the passing game can get say a 22 or 23 ranking by the end of the season, Buffalo would have significantly improved on offense. Such an increase would likely equate to a 10-6 record when combined with our schedule and a significantly improved D. I think that any finish in that ball park would have to quiet some of the TE/Schonert/Jauron hate that many on this board are so fond of spewing forth in derth.

Great point rt and i completely agree, a few on here believe that fred (jackson) just may have had a couple of over his head games (overachieved) games, i on the other hand think we FOUND a big time diamond in the rough and he is going to be fabulous for us. Then you look at rb number 3 was a very good back at fresno state and almost ran for 1700 yards his last year of school, averaged about 3.5 a carry for the bills and i think will improve sufficiently from year 1-2, then omen his style even if its against div. 2 athletes i think will transfer over nicely ( i think he is diamond #2) i don't think by the end of the season it would be out of the question to have most that actually know football, feel like they have the most solid backfield in the league as a whole!