Eddie Murphy is finally set to retire.

K-Gun10

Funniest Eddie Murphy clip. This was my favorite scene from Coming To America. (NSFW)

That is a great scene. I have to go with the consensus that "Trading Places" and "Coming to America" were his best. I'm biased to TP because I lived in Philly and have actually traded futures, though not FOJC. "Looking good, Billy Ray." "Feeling good, Louis."

Bill Simmons once said that it was hard to explain to anyone under 30 that Eddie Murphy was bigger than Will Smith, Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle combined.

Bill Simmons once said that it was hard to explain to anyone under 30 that Eddie Murphy was bigger than Will Smith, Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle combined.

For once in my life, I have agree with the Boston ball-washer Bill Simmons... it must be a sign of the end of days. :lol:

He's made a lot of great movies. Ones I consider classics:

1. Coming to America (funniest movie of the 80s perhaps?)

2. Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2 (3 was an abortion and never should have been made)

3. Trading Places (also in the running for funniest movie of the 80s)

4. 48 Hours (great, gritty cop flick to contrast with BHC's lighter tone)

5. Shrek 1 & 2 (yes, they were animated, but both are hysterical)

6. Bowfinger (A criminally underrated movie -- and he co-wrote it)

7. Nutty Professor (To think, the other Klumps almost got cut out of the script in pre production)

8. Dreamgirls (I didn't swoon over the movie like others, but his performance was amazing. Should have won)

That's a pretty damned good average. Some of these are really seminal movies in their genres.

That said ... I doubt he retires.

He's made a lot of great movies. Ones I consider classics:

1. Coming to America (funniest movie of the 80s perhaps?)

2. Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2 (3 was an abortion and never should have been made)

3. Trading Places (also in the running for funniest movie of the 80s)

4. 48 Hours (great, gritty cop flick to contrast with BHC's lighter tone)

5. Shrek 1 & 2 (yes, they were animated, but both are hysterical)

6. Bowfinger (A criminally underrated movie -- and he co-wrote it)

7. Nutty Professor (To think, the other Klumps almost got cut out of the script in pre production)

8. Dreamgirls (I didn't swoon over the movie like others, but his performance was amazing. Should have won)

That's a pretty damned good average. Some of these are really seminal movies in their genres.

That said ... I doubt he retires.and I hope to write a movie of his at somepoint

fixed :lol: