Getting Screwed by the Fed. Govt

Stl Bills

What kind of boat are they using for surveying that wieghs over 10K lbs (even with a trailer)? A destroyer?

SIMILAR BOATS

The Boat involved in the accident was very similar to these shown at the bottom of the webpage as this boat was also manufactured by Sea Ark. I have pictures of it but don't know how to link them. FYI the boat is about 3 times the size of the f-350 super duty.

What I don't get about the situation is that basically the governement is saying that you are responsible for their trailer brake system being defective, because they are basically saying they are not responsible for it.

Well not that I'm really responsible for their trailer brake system, but that it was a freak incident that they could not have knowingly prevented and that makes them not negligent...........which is still complete BS and that I would have been out 5k (so I guess ultimately I would have been responsible for the damages). They were totally negligable and responsible for the entire incident. Their driver claims he was aprox. 600ft behind me when he began to brake (2 entire football fields); in reallity he was less than half that distance. My insurance comany is now going after them and I've been in contact with Mr. Johns boss and "explained my feelings on the situation" to put it nicely. Anyhow if I pay my deductable my insurance company said they will be able to subrogate the deductable either from the US Army or the trailer company. I should have contacted my insurance company from the get-go but I thought this thing was as clear as day..........especially since I had a police report stating their driver was at fault.

Well not that I'm really responsible for their trailer brake system, but that it was a freak incident that they could not have knowingly prevented and that makes them not negligent...........which is still complete BS and that I would have been out 5k (so I guess ultimately I would have been responsible for the damages). They were totally negligable and responsible for the entire incident. Their driver claims he was aprox. 600ft behind me when he began to brake (2 entire football fields); in reallity he was less than half that distance. My insurance comany is now going after them and I've been in contact with Mr. Johns boss and "explained my feelings on the situation" to put it nicely. Anyhow if I pay my deductable my insurance company said they will be able to subrogate the deductable either from the US Army or the trailer company. I should have contacted my insurance company from the get-go but I thought this thing was as clear as day..........especially since I had a police report stating their driver was at fault.

Still, I would have figured that in a situation like that, they are still responsible, and that they would then have to go after the manufacturer of the electric brake device to recoup their losses, cause you are the innocent one in all of this, why should you be the one suffering with the damaged vehicle?

Oh boy! Wow... How did I miss this one... What district were they outta?... I am just getting through half of your post STL... I used to work in survey and haul the boat! :blink::blink:

I am afraid I can't comment on a lot of stuff... But man, they usually train us and pound driver safety into people... Then again survey (when I started off) was a low grade job... I think I started off around 6 bucks and hour!

So you're wanting to sue the federal government? Been nice knowin' ya.

On the flip side... When I used to trailer the Corps' boat we would get people stopping you and say that you kicked up a stone and broke their windshield... This happened on a number of occasions once the people in the car behind you saw the gov't plates (and of course had a previously cracked windshield).

Man, stories like STL suck.

Like the mantra with insurance companies and HMO's:

"Delay, delay, delay, AND DON'T PAY."

It really sucks.

was exiled driving?

Hey... I am a safe driver... Never over 55, especially with the company rig!

And I never refer to the left lane as "fast lane." Ther is no "fast lane." Whatever the speed limit is good for all lanes... How can there be a "fast lane?"

And for note... On my personal rigs and even with the rigs at work... I always put bulb grease on the contacts... especially when not in use!

:blink:

Question STL? Won't your insurance fix/pay the claim? Then your insurance would go after the gov't to recoup their loss... And you would get your deductible (if any) back?

My wife got in accident one time years back and it was the fault of the other driver... Allstate told me "don't worry" we will handle everything (the girl came back a day later claiming "neck" pain)... The accident? My wife was going down the road and a girl pulled out of a parking lot making a left and hit her passenger wheel.

Tell me something STL... You didn't just plop all that money down on a brand new Caddy and were just carrying liability? Tell me that isn't the case!

??

Listen, lawyers ask for crap they never expect to get all the time, it is their job. I for one, want this guy to do exactly what he is doing, which is looking out for the interests of the tax paying US citizen. He was hoping you would just file a claim with your insurance, or say something stupid when you talked to him etc to get the gov out of paying. No issues on my end, like I said it is why organiztions have in house attorneys.

Now, it is a pain in the ass for you, but the whole equipment was bad, so therefore not my clients fault is so assinine as to be comical. At least thats what i think, but again i only play a lawyer on TBD. Send your note to your insurance agent and let him and your insurance folks deal, no worries I would think, you will get made whole after a little frustration.

BINGO!

Just think of all the bogus claims (like my windo story).

I noticed in his email that he bolded NOT, as in this is NOT a denial of your claim.

Just to update the story.................after talking to this guys boss and with a little pressure from the insurance company they are going to pay the entire claim. :devil:

I had a similar thing happen a decade ago, kinda similar.......anyway, faulty wiring on a horse-trailer (not Madden's), didn't allow the turn signal/braking signals to work. I didn't inform the individual driving that vehicle of it. I did inform the insurance company and the local police.

All repairs were paid for.....my next insurance policy payment was $75 lower than before.

Don't let the govt. f*** you, f*** the govt.

;):devil:

What do you suggest I do, bake them a fuggin cake? :devil:

In my experience you file the claim with your insurance, You are supposed to let them know anyways, your insurance then pays their own lawyers to recoup the cost.

Just to update the story.................after talking to this guys boss and with a little pressure from the insurance company they are going to pay the entire claim. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that STLB's!

Not like 5k is going break the bank... I hope the driver can pay attention and get something out safety training when it comes to loss mitigation... They sure beat this stuff into your head enough, then again when you are driving all the time, one tends to get complacent.

I hope to se this scenario on the next Army driving saftey course... Ya, right... Something practical like trailing and stopping or keeping proper distance with a real world case will surely make the cut...

:wacko::wacko:

But, again... Glad to hear all is remedied!