Dan Patrick added to a cast of thousands

Patrick will be reunited (again) with Keith Olbermann on the show which also includes Costas, Collinsworth, Bettis, Barber & King. Will there be enough oxygen left in that studio to sustain life?

linkage

I like what NBC is doing here. All six guys combined together will perhaps equal one semi-literate, half-intelligent football commentator.

I like what NBC is doing here. All six guys combined together will perhaps equal one semi-literate, half-intelligent football commentator.

I think they got to let Tiki go...he added nothing...the only remarkable thing about him, was his ax grinding with Tom Couglin and the Giants all season...look who had the last word!

I actually do like Costas and Patrick, but dang, you throw them together with those others and it could get ugly.

I actually do like Costas and Patrick, but dang, you throw them together with those others and it could get ugly.

The thing that irritates me with guys like Costas (and Jim Nance of CBS too) is that they give off this attitude that football is so beneath them. They'd both rather be doing the World Series, Masters, or Winter Olympics rather than the NFL Playoffs or Super Bowl.

In fact, when I hear that NBC Sunday Night Football music, I feel like the Olympics are on, not a football game (not sure how I can blame Costas for that, but I am)

The rest of the NBC crew adds nothing. Tiki Barber and Jerome Bettis could be the worst color commentators ever, but I'm not sure because they are so incoherent.

In fact, when I hear that NBC Sunday Night Football music, I feel like the Olympics are on, not a football game (not sure how I can blame Costas for that, but I am)

NBC would be wise to go back to this classic type of format and theme to open their broadcast:

I am not a big Sports Guy fan anymore, but I think he got it right when he said that going beyond 4 people total for a pre-game show is a big mistake. The chemistry goes, the conversation sucks and people just start laughing at each other in order to seem like they are adding value to the whole thing.

I am not a big Sports Guy fan anymore, but I think he got it right when he said that going beyond 4 people total for a pre-game show is a big mistake. The chemistry goes, the conversation sucks and people just start laughing at each other in order to seem like they are adding value to the whole thing.

Yep

Patrick will be reunited (again) with Keith Olbermann on the show which also includes Costas, Collinsworth, Bettis, Barber & King. Will there be enough oxygen left in that studio to sustain life?

linkage

why dont they just wake up and leave it to Keith and Dan

this show was brutal the first year and even worse last year....do they think adding more people will make more people watch? i guess maybe their families but anyone else?

the fact is people want to see highlights but the geniuses think people want to tune in to hear these morons talk about the games rather then just show the highlights which they do very little of

Bettis cant get a sentence out, Tiki is an idiot and can someone please wake Costas up....its pretty bad when you rip a show and you dont even mention Collinsworth