Congressional ratings : Rasmussen poll

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Nancy and Harry promise the Dawning of a New Age? :unsure:

I was originally sympathetic to them because I can't stand knee-jerk partisan chicken-littleism.

But it is absolutely clear to me that Pelosi is the worst speaker of my lifetime, any way you look at it. Subjectively, I think she is wrong on just about every important issue that has come up. Objectively, she has been an incompetant leader for the Democratic party - she has got nothing done, and consistantly leaves the Democrats looking ineffectual. Whether you like her positions or not, she simply has got to go.

I was originally sympathetic to them because I can't stand knee-jerk partisan chicken-littleism.

But it is absolutely clear to me that Pelosi is the worst speaker of my lifetime, any way you look at it. Subjectively, I think she is wrong on just about every important issue that has come up. Objectively, she has been an incompetant leader for the Democratic party - she has got nothing done, and consistantly leaves the Democrats looking ineffectual. Whether you like her positions or not, she simply has got to go.

Gussie - she did try mightily to exempt pineapple producer American Samoa from a minimum wage hike. Del Monte is headquartered in her district, so I suppose that was just...a...coincidence. :unsure:

"Most voters (72%) think most members of Congress are more interested in furthering their own political careers."

Gee, ya think?

"A separate Rasmussen survey found that half of all voters believe America’s best days are in the past."

That quote is very troubling. How many others feel that way? I hate to say it because I view myself as a realistic optimist, but I've got to agree. To me it seems like the beast is out of control and unmanageable. Has anyone read the book "Collapse" by Jared Diamond? It looks at past societies and studies their rise and fall. History is not kind to us as a nation in this regard. I personally feel that the best possible outcome for the US is that our power cedes like the Brittish Empire-gradually and over time. But they are the exception historically, and given our national proclivity for going out with a bang, this may not be the case for us...but who really knows?

*Disclaimer-I do not agree with all of Diamonds theories in the book, specifically that environmental issues were the primary cause of the fall of the societies studied, but still found it interesting.

Yes, you are right. People like me. :unsure::lol: :lol: :lol:

And what matters to you? Where the Congress before led the country? Great job!!

Your party clearly means a lot to you, apparently even more than the terrible job they're doing in Congress. As long as more Democrats get elected, though, it's time to celebrate.

I don't have a political party and I can't remember the last time I was proud of Congress.

Your party clearly means a lot to you, apparently even more than the terrible job they're doing in Congress. As long as more Democrats get elected, though, it's time to celebrate.

I don't have a political party and I can't remember the last time I was proud of Congress.

I feel as though once the dems take complete control things will get done, not being blocked or threatened with a veto by Bush. Once that have control, they will have to prove their worth. No doubt, or they deserve to be ousted.

I feel as though once the dems take complete control things will get done, not being blocked or threatened with a veto by Bush. Once that have control, they will have to prove their worth. No doubt, or they deserve to be ousted.

Even so - I predict that if they *do* get things done, it will have to be with somebody else at the helm. Nothing I have seen from Pelosi inspires confidence that she can set a substantive course for congress, deal with the opposition, and herd her own cats at the same time. She certainly has not shown any political acumen to this point.

Say what you like about the Republicans, but most of the time they had very effective leadership in congress.

Unfortunately for the Democrats, the best opportunity for a leadership challenge was last spring. With the election coming up (and it is safe to assume Obama will win), it is hard to imagine changing speakers any time in the next two years.

Even so - I predict that if they *do* get things done, it will have to be with somebody else at the helm. Nothing I have seen from Pelosi inspires confidence that she can set a substantive course for congress, deal with the opposition, and herd her own cats at the same time. She certainly has not shown any political acumen to this point.

Say what you like about the Republicans, but most of the time they had very effective leadership in congress.

Unfortunately for the Democrats, the best opportunity for a leadership challenge was last spring. With the election coming up (and it is safe to assume Obama will win), it is hard to imagine changing speakers any time in the next two years.

I do agree with you on Pelosi. I think most just bought into the hype of having a woman there instead of a having a leader. I also agree with you about republican leaders... however in my opinion the republican leadership has gone down the toilet since 2000.

Where's Newt when we need him?

Oh wait, he sold his soul to the God of Global Warming. :unsure:

LOL, hearing people slam the republicans who now believe in climate change reminds me of the speech by Gov. Schwarzenegger, where he said the denier core of the party is like an ever-shrinking party of penguins on a melting iceberg. "Better learn to swim, penguins!"

pBills, You mean like how they stood up against the Republicans on FISA? Er, wait....

Lately, Obama has stated that he is looking for a FISA compromise.

I also do believe (and I may be wrong) that the democrats did attempt to have some amendments added, however they were shot down.

LOL, hearing people slam the republicans who now believe in climate change reminds me of the speech by Gov. Schwarzenegger, where he said the denier core of the party is like an ever-shrinking party of penguins on a melting iceberg. "Better learn to swim, penguins!"

I don't doubt the fact that the earths temperature is rising, but I do doubt the cause. Different opinions I guess. And for the record, I am an unaffiliated voter who usually votes Republican (as long as they have conservative principles).

I don't doubt the fact that the earths temperature is rising, but I do doubt the cause. Different opinions I guess. And for the record, I am an unaffiliated voter who usually votes Republican (as long as they have conservative principles).

NO WAY!! I did not know that. Please forgive me for my moronic post to you. I'm such a moron.

< Simon > :unsure: