Wow, Where to start with this gem?

Working with candidates, I'm sure you've heard of party ID - you might even know how important it is. The fact that you identify yourself as a Democrat allows people to make significant judgments about your political beliefs.

Good for them. I just find it funny when people make judgments about me, yet for some reason get to shy about their beliefs. Kind of sad.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me laugh when people essentially say, like pBills did, "I'm so worried about the deficit, due to ridiculous spending, I'm going to vote for one of these guys:"

Barack Obama

John McCain

Yet the same idiots who say they are worried about the deficit are still going to vote for them, because they're the only "viable" options. :lol:

It makes me laugh when people essentially say, like pBills did, "I'm so worried about the deficit, due to ridiculous spending, I'm going to vote for one of these guys:"

Barack Obama

John McCain

Yet the same idiots who say they are worried about the deficit are still going to vote for them, because they're the only "viable" options. :lol:

Just for schits and giggles... lets say I vote the same way as you. Who should I vote for?

Just for schits and giggles... lets say I vote the same way as you. Who should I vote for?

I'm likely going to hold my nose and vote for Barr. Not a huge fan of his lack of foresight or what I consider dishonesty, but his policy platform is the closest out of everyone that I'm looking for - and by doing so, I'll be helping the most popular 3rd party try to reach the 5% plateau to receive federal funds.

I'm likely going to hold my nose and vote for Barr. Not a huge fan of his lack of foresight or what I consider dishonesty, but his policy platform is the closest out of everyone that I'm looking for - and by doing so, I'll be helping the most popular 3rd party try to reach the 5% plateau to receive federal funds.

So we (if I was voting your way) would vote for him because:

His policy is the closest to what we are looking for

And so the third party can receive federal funds

No worries about lack of foresight and dishonesty.

Ok.

:lol:

And if he doesn't like Barr's positions and wants to vote for more left leaning candidate he should vote for Nadar. I'd love to see both Barr and Nadar break the 5% threshold.

And if he doesn't like Barr's positions and wants to vote for more left leaning candidate he should vote for Nadar. I'd love to see both Barr and Nadar break the 5% threshold.

And what about you? If I was to vote your way... who and why?

So we (if I was voting your way) would vote for him because:

His policy is the closest to what we are looking for

And so the third party can receive federal funds

No worries about lack of foresight and dishonesty.

Ok.

Its a bit more complex than that - Barr won't actually get elected, so I'm much more comfortable voting for him, even with his negative sides. If he was the Republican nominee right now, I'd likely be looking for a 3rd party candidate as well.

The point isn't to elect Barr.

The problem with Nader is he's not running under a 3rd party ticket, so no one will be getting funds even if he breaks the 5% mark.

Anything to shake up the current candidates and get them focused on being something other than election machines would be great, though.

Its a bit more complex than that - Barr won't actually get elected, so I'm much more comfortable voting for him, even with his negative sides. If he was the Republican nominee right now, I'd likely be looking for a 3rd party candidate as well.

So your comfortable with his negative sides and you'll vote for him knowing he won't get elected. Ok.

So your comfortable with his negative sides and you'll vote for him knowing he won't get elected. Ok.

You're the one saying there are no viable 3rd, 4th, 5th parties. You do realize that's how they start becoming viable don't you? They need to get votes to get attention to get the money to become a viable party. But you keep pulling the levers with your mind shut.

You're the one saying there are no viable 3rd, 4th, 5th parties. You do realize that's how they start becoming viable don't you? They need to get votes to get attention to get the money to become a viable party. But you keep pulling the levers with your mind shut.

Seriously quit acting like you know me or anything about me. You know nothing.

Seriously quit acting like you know me or anything about me. You know nothing.

You've posted quite often the past couple of days and it's been very revealing. We know quite a bit about you. You've pretty much admitted you'll vote for Obama just because he's a Dem. That, IMO, is pulling the levers blindly.

That's one of the funniest websites I've seen.

Agreed. It's so un-PC that it is freaking funny. I clicked on the Asian girls one, and "95% of white men have had yellow fever", and it only went downhill from there.

And what about you? If I was to vote your way... who and why?

Barr.

1 - The Libertarian platform that he is running on is the closest (but by no means a perfect) match for where I stand.

2 - The two party system does more harm than good. Even if voters don't like either candidate they still vote for what they call the "lesser of two evils". IMO "the lesser of two evils" is still evil. The more votes a 3rd party gets (be it Libertarian, Green, Reform, etc) the more exposure they get. The more exposure they get, the more people notice and start to wonder whether they have a better choice than the lesser of two evils

You've posted quite often the past couple of days and it's been very revealing. We know quite a bit about you. You've pretty much admitted you'll vote for Obama just because he's a Dem. That, IMO, is pulling the levers blindly.

You know me from my posts. :lol::P Again, you know nothing about me.

And No, I have stated that I am for Obama because I believe he cares more about the issues I care about.

Would you rather I say Middle-class? How about someone who represents Labor?

So you want to make it harder for international companies to manufacture here? Toyota and Honda employ hudreds of thousands of people. GM--an American company--buys Honda engines, manufactured in the US.

US manufacturing output is at an all-time high. While US labor jobs drop, just like they've dropped for every wealthy country around the world except Japan, since 1965. Lots of reasons for that--and only some of them have to do with your Chinese bogeyman. Machines produce more. Designs are more efficient and need less assembly. Less repairs and replacement parts are required.

Of course, outsourcing those and other jobs reaps huge rewards for the consumer, who pays less for goods and in many cases is that same Labor class you care about.

The world is complicated and being anti-NAFTA and free trade--like Obama--is a short-sighted and populist. It's a perspective that fails to recognize the benefits of free trade to your labor class. BTW, McCain is only reluctantly pro-Free Trade.

So you want to make it harder for international companies to manufacture here? Toyota and Honda employ hudreds of thousands of people. GM--an American company--buys Honda engines, manufactured in the US.

US manufacturing output is at an all-time high. While US labor jobs drop, just like they've dropped for every wealthy country around the world except Japan, since 1965. Lots of reasons for that--and only some of them have to do with your Chinese bogeyman. Machines produce more. Designs are more efficient and need less assembly. Less repairs and replacement parts are required.

Of course, outsourcing those and other jobs reaps huge rewards for the consumer, who pays less for goods and in many cases is that same Labor class you care about.

The world is complicated and being anti-NAFTA and free trade--like Obama--is a short-sighted and populist. It's a perspective that fails to recognize the benefits of free trade to your labor class. BTW, McCain is only reluctantly pro-Free Trade.

I know all about where GM gets their parts from. I would say that I would like to see a more level playing field. The U.S. is much more accommodating to other countries than they are to us. So what you are telling me in a nutshell is that you are pro-outsourcing? Correct?

I believe that ALL trade agreements have to looked at again. Again, making sure the U.S. better represented in the countries we are working with.