Heat Is On

Dante

The hills (up to about 1500 feet) between the bay and the inland area (where Dante and I both live) can block the cool air. I live , as the crow flies, about 30-35 miles from the ocean. One time it was 55 at the SF Zoo (on the ocean) and it was 105 at my place!I used to travel through the Caldecott Tunnel a lot. It connects Oakland to the towns on the other side of the Oakland Hills (The big fire in 1991 was right above the tunnel). I have seen it many times be pea soup fog in the 60s at the Oakland side of the tunnel and perfectly clear and in the 90s on the east side , less than a mile away.

That is crazy. I was in SF once about 10yrs ago. It was mid August & the weather felt like it was late October/early November in Blo.

That is crazy. I was in SF once about 10yrs ago. It was mid August & the weather felt like it was late October/early November in Blo.

Hence the quote :"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

The tourist traps make a killing selling $40 sweatshirts to tourists at Fisherman's Wharf.

Right now (2:22 PM) it's 75 in SF, 87 in Oakland, 100 in Orinda (at the east end of the tunnel) , 106 where I live (Dublin, CA), and 107 where Dante lives!

I work out of home some of the time. I just went out to get the mail and throw out garbage.

Turn on the oven, open the door and put your head in- that's what it is like. Two years ago we got up to 116!

Hence the quote :"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

The tourist traps make a killing selling $40 sweatshirts to tourists at Fisherman's Wharf.

Right now (2:22 PM) it's 75 in SF, 87 in Oakland, 100 in Orinda (at the east end of the tunnel) , 106 where I live (Dublin, CA), and 107 where Dante lives!

I work out of home some of the time. I just went out to get the mail and throw out garbage.

Turn on the oven, open the door and put your head in- that's what it is like. Two years ago we got up to 116!

A few weeks ago at my ranch in inland San Diego county by the wild animal park it was 115 and we had a wedding there that day. I thought people were going to pass out it was so freakin hot.

Got to 108 here, supposed to be 110 on Wednesday. Still 78 at 11:30 PM. Supposed to "cool down" to 93 by the weekend.

Still smoky. The sky wasn't nice and blue, more like a dull white and it was hard to see the hills two miles away.