KELLY HOLCOMB

July 7, 2008 Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:40 PM ET | Link

HOLCOMB TO RETIRE?: Former Bills QB Kelly Holcomb looks like he's headed toward retirement, as least for now. Holcomb has accepted a sideline reporter job at his alma mater (Middle Tennessee St.) as he's wanted to get into radio and TV work after his playing career.

Personally I think they should put Holcomb upstairs as an analyst where he can better diagnose plays, but I'm not the program director.

Holcomb will be inducted into the MTSU Hall of Fame on Sept. 6 as he's the school's third all-time leading passer.

Holcomb didn't fully commit to being retired, because if an NFL team was shorthanded at the position due to injury he'd stand a good chance of getting a call.

---

HOLCOMB TO RETIRE?: Former Bills QB Kelly Holcomb looks like he's headed toward retirement, as least for now. Holcomb has accepted a sideline reporter job at his alma mater (Middle Tennessee St.) as he's wanted to get into radio and TV work after his playing career.

Personally I think they should put Holcomb upstairs as an analyst where he can better diagnose plays, but I'm not the program director.

Holcomb will be inducted into the MTSU Hall of Fame on Sept. 6 as he's the school's third all-time leading passer.

Holcomb didn't fully commit to being retired, because if an NFL team was shorthanded at the position due to injury he'd stand a good chance of getting a call.

---

So, the career finally caught up with the arm. So long, Shelly.

---

Holcomb played like he was retired....yawwwwwnn