John McCargo

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10882613

6. John McCargo, DT, Buffalo Bills: After a disappointing rookie season in 2006, cut short by injury, McCargo played much better in 2007. He had 2½ sacks, led the Bills with 6½ stops behind the line of scrimmage and now appears ready to do even more in his third season. The addition of former Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud to play next to him will help McCargo improve even more.

Poz should have made this list as well.

6. John McCargo, DT, Buffalo Bills: After a disappointing rookie season in 2006, cut short by injury, McCargo played much better in 2007. He had 2½ sacks, led the Bills with 6½ stops behind the line of scrimmage and now appears ready to do even more in his third season. The addition of former Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud to play next to him will help McCargo improve even more.

Cue the Kyle Williams homers.

Cue the Kyle Williams homers.

Yes, because a team only needs 2 DTs on the roster and both Stroud and McCargo have shown they can play 100% of the time.

And, if somebody needs a rest any old 275 lb. scrub will do to fill in the gaps, right?

Funny how a thread commenting on a writer's opinion that McCargo will have a good year is your excuse to raise an irrelevant issue and pick a fight -- do you think fans who appreciate what Williams brings to the table don't want McCargo to be a stud?

Puzzling.

Yes, because a team only needs 2 DTs on the roster and both Stroud and McCargo have shown they can play 100% of the time.

And, if somebody needs a rest any old 275 lb. scrub will do to fill in the gaps, right?

Funny how a thread commenting on a writer's opinion that McCargo will have a good year is your excuse to raise an irrelevant issue and pick a fight -- do you think fans who appreciate what Williams brings to the table don't want McCargo to be a stud?

Puzzling.

Wow, you took a lot from my 5 word post.

I never said that Stroud and McCargo could or should play 100% of the time.

I never said that "any old 275 lb. scrub will do" in their place.

I never said that I didn't appreciate Kyle Williams.

The issue is certainly not irrelevant since it has been discussed here in the last few days, Williams is still penciled in as the starter and taking reps with the first team.

Williams is an excellent backup and I'm glad he was extended, I find it bothersome though that even though McCargo had a far better season last year he is still listed as a backup.

I think the general consensus among NFL analysts is that even though Puz played only three games he showed a lot and was a tackling machine. They already consider him a solid player.

The issue is certainly not irrelevant since it has been discussed here in the last few days, Williams is still penciled in as the starter and taking reps with the first team.

Williams is an excellent backup and I'm glad he was extended, I find it bothersome though that even though McCargo had a far better season last year he is still listed as a backup.

What exactly was the purpose of your "5 word post" if I have it all wrong? Is Kyle Williams important to the defense? Do all Bills' fans want McCargo to have a breakout year? Are those two statements mutually exclusive?

Please, do tell.

Puzzling.

What does Williams bring to the table? This was a rather poor defensive line last year. You act like Williams was some sort of

stud or machine or something.

Shake yourself.

:wallbash:

Even though Williams is the starter, we still have training camp & the preseason still to come. That gives John McCargo plenty of time to prove that he should be starting.

I feel that if the coaches think that Williams should be starting, then that's fine with me.

Besides, it's not like McCargo wo'nt be playing at all.

I think the general consensus among NFL analysts is that even though Puz played only three games he showed a lot and was a tackling machine. They already consider him a solid player.

Poz clearly showed a lot in his brief appearance last year, however, he also showed some clear typical rookie limitations in his game as well.

Its never too early for a true Bills fan to be hopeful this year how things will play out, but it really is a little early for any objective analysis to declare that what will in essence be the completion of his rookie year will be a breakout for him.

Pos showed tremendous speed last year and good recognition of plays, but unfortunately a lot of this came from him recognizing that he had been fooled into taking a false first step backward on running plays or that he got sucked into taking a step forward on what turned out to be a pass play.

He showed tremendous speed and recognition because he was able to get credit for making the tackle and completing the play. However, in his brief playing time he looked like a poor man's London Fletcher out there leading the team in tackles but all too often making the initial hit pretty deep in our defensive backfield as this rookie could be fooled by a vet OC disguising his play calls or a vet player giving him a false read on whether it was a run or a pass with his stance.

One good sign is that Pos after getting IR'ed would have been well within his rights as a player to skip the games and just show up for rehab and sometimes for meetings. Instead he chose to play an active role carrying the clipboard as injured players are allowed to do in street clothes (and sometimes refuse to do because injured players sometimes cannot deal with not being able to play and do not like being around for games,

It is to be hoped that Pos got the good benefits a player can get from sitting on the bench during games and soaking in the plays and pro formations and reactions, Too many folks buy the idea that if a player cannot play his year of development is lost. Actually this does not appear to be true for the more cerebral player. Pos might in fact be a breakout player this year. I hope he is. However, we still need to see some improved on-field performance before anyone can reasonably draw that conclusion.

What does Williams bring to the table? This was a rather poor defensive line last year. You act like Williams was some sort of

stud or machine or something.

Shake yourself.

:wallbash:

A rather poor DL on which Kyle Williams was one of the lone bright spots. Did I say or suggest -- anywhere -- that Kyle Williams is a Pro Bowler or All-Star? Please, find that post if you can.

He is the prototypical DT for the Tampa 2. I hope he has a huge year cuz we gonna need him.