Bills Free Agents after This Year

MattM

why are you so sure? i've heard plenty of chatter about the bills talking with evans (from the bills camp and the evans camp) but not a word on crowell........i agree with you that he's a high priority but the fact they don't appear to be trying to resign him at this point is concerning

OK, when I say "sure," I mean I see no reason whatsoever to believe otherwise. You've hear about extension talks with Evans because reporters are asking about it. No one is asking about Crowell, yet. Had you heard about talks with Butler or Williams before the announcement of their extensions? I hadn't. The front office is showing it is willing to pay now to keep this team together as it builds. It seems to me the Bills like Crowell, so I feel strongly that the Bills will ensure he is still on the team as they look to take it to the next level.

OK, when I say "sure," I mean I see no reason whatsoever to believe otherwise. You've hear about extension talks with Evans because reporters are asking about it. No one is asking about Crowell, yet. Had you heard about talks with Butler or Williams before the announcement of their extensions? I hadn't. The front office is showing it is willing to pay now to keep this team together as it builds. It seems to me the Bills like Crowell, so I feel strongly that the Bills will ensure he is still on the team as they look to take it to the next level.

well i certainly hope so - i think he's a great fit for the defense and a big leader, despite his young age.....he is exactly the type of guy the bills should be locking up and i hope it's soon cause he's headed for his best season IMO........would be an absolute shame to see him walk away and create a hole in the defense that then needs to have a valuable resource chucked at it

Have you SEEN the LBs coming out in the draft next year? I have 3 guys (2 USC LBs and Laurinitis) who could all be top 10 picks. Tender Crowell as an RFA and then extend him the next season. If we stand to lose him we take someone in the draft, though we'd have to trade up for them since we're making the playoffs.

Have you SEEN the LBs coming out in the draft next year? I have 3 guys (2 USC LBs and Laurinitis) who could all be top 10 picks. Tender Crowell as an RFA and then extend him the next season. If we stand to lose him we take someone in the draft, though we'd have to trade up for them since we're making the playoffs.

have you SEEN the TE's coming out? i'd much rather they retain the current young LB they do have who has proven himself in the bills' defense and in the league and address the long neglected TE position with a legit first day guy who can go over the middle of the field and open it up for the receivers........your right in one regard though - if they do decide to let crowell go they'll likely then use that pick that could have been used on a legit TE on a replacement LB......and that is what i call treading water

and crowell isn't an RFA - he's signed for the '08 season and then he'll be unrestricted