I'm confused about Kyle's new deal

Since when did D-line backups start getting like $ 3 Mil. per year?

That sounds like an awful lot of money.

Agreed, especially since McCargo is a far better player, last year should have shown everyone that.

Williams seldomly disrupts play in the backfield and I'm not sure if he's ever had a sack.

Except that he isn't a backup, he is a rotational player wh was a starter last season. The DT's in Buffalo are more like a #1a and #1b player since they rotate in and out all the time

Not to mention the fact that they are on the field so much more since the rule about stopping teams on third down in order to get the ball back came in to existence.

Agreed, especially since McCargo is a far better player, last year should have shown everyone that.

Williams seldomly disrupts play in the backfield and I'm not sure if he's ever had a sack.

He had 2 sacks last year and 4.5 TFL's.

Did Kyle Williams, who had this year and next year remaining on his original contract worth about $1 million, just add three more years to make the deal a 5 year deal worth $14.5 million? Or did the Bills just give Kyle Williams an extra $13.5 million for ONE additional season?

can't have enough slow white high-motor guys on the DL.

Maybe they should spend some of that money on a young, healthy, high impact, athletic difference maker

It amazes me that some of you continue to question this deal. All four DTs on the Bills' roster are crucial to the team's success, and this is by no means a "break the bank" contract. I haven't seen a lot of Spencer Johnson, but I dare say this group (Stroud, McCargo, Williams, Johnson) could wind up being one of the true strengths of the team, as all of them should be fresh at the end of games as a result of Fewell's rotational system.

the way ppl here talk about difference makers and the cover 2 makes me laugh sometimes.

aaron gets blasted, but is considered amoung the very best in the nfl by insiders, and our other "slow white" DEs are all considered solid. our D needs fresh linemen -- they run a track meet going after the ball and qb. you want 6 guys who could all be legit starters and 2 or 3 backups who can play and have a shot at being top dogs. williams is good at times, but yes did get mashed around at times as well. i think our staff knows if he will grow (lots of bigmen come on later in their careers -- it's just how it is). look at the indy line and D, they had very few sacks and lots of injuries, and their d line is tiny --BUT they were the number one D in terms of scoring. this is what depth and a rotation can do for you.

people arguing for a few number of super giant linemen (like NE, sandiego, and now the browns) don't realize how that isn't as important for our D, how you need a different mix of talent to work with that, and how a single injury can just get you. even new england who has a ridiculous line wore out by the end of the season.

those big animals were just dominant in the first 5 games, but late in the year they were just tired. the giants and colts seemed to improve with their speed and aggression advantage, but of course the colts just lost too many guys. the great d we had under gregg williams was an example of the super vet idea -- we had the best 11 by far but losing just one or two guys hurt us too much. i'd much rather have a deep mix of youth and vets.