I'm confused about Kyle's new deal

Did Kyle Williams, who had this year and next year remaining on his original contract worth about $1 million, just add three more years to make the deal a 5 year deal worth $14.5 million? Or did the Bills just give Kyle Williams an extra $13.5 million for ONE additional season?

He'll make a maximum of $14.4 (or $14.5 depending on which source you read) over the next 5 years with $5.7M in guaranteed money.

That's what I thought. Now I feel much better about #95's deal. A $14.5 million deal over three years would've been way too much for him.

I don't really care what order we sign these guys in. Brandon doesn't spend all day in a room with Peters' agent until it's done, then move on to the next one. There really isn't a time issue - you try to make the deals and you make your offers and let them stew with it. You hear what they have back. It's only the exact details that require an actual time investment.

in order of importance Peters, Evans, Crowell, Williams, Butler so maybe they're signing in reverse order.

Do you really want the Bills to extend Crowell? We have all seen a lot of him the past 3 seasons, and I think he does not have much more upside. He is not a great player, nor does he have the potential to be one. He does not suck, but he is out of position on a lot of running plays and is not a great tackler. I think we can do better next year in free agency and/or the draft in finding a stud outside linebacker to line up with Poz and Kawika. For now, it will be interesting to see how much playing time Crowell and Ellison will each get. And don't forget the Pizza man, Digiorgio.

Peters isn't a priority. He is signed for three years and all he can do is hold out and ruin his career if Bills play it right. What should the Bills do sign an another extension so he can hold out in a year or two?

Peters isn't a priority. He is signed for three years and all he can do is hold out and ruin his career if Bills play it right. What should the Bills do sign an another extension so he can hold out in a year or two?

If he holdsout for half a season, he'll ruin Edwards' career as well. And he's in-line for a $5M/year pay raise whereas in 2 years, it won't be even $1M/year.

I like your plan.

After finally stumbling on an elite LT after 15 years, the best thing is to play hardball and piss off the single player most deserving of a pay raise. :thumbsup:

I like your plan.

After finally stumbling on an elite LT after 15 years, the best thing is to play hardball and piss off the single player most deserving of a pay raise. :thumbsup:

yea I have to agree...Peters dose deserve the pay raise and it would be stupid for Buffalo not to do it..only problem I have is that Peters dosent need to sit out of ota's like he has and should show more devotion to a team that gave him a shot in NFL where everyone else didnt even look at him..dont get me wrong, I know football is a business but he could have atleast been at ota's

yea I have to agree...Peters dose deserve the pay raise and it would be stupid for Buffalo not to do it..only problem I have is that Peters dosent need to sit out of ota's like he has and should show more devotion to a team that gave him a shot in NFL where everyone else didnt even look at him..dont get me wrong, I know football is a business but he could have atleast been at ota's

I'm sure his agent has been angling for a new deal for awhile and used sitting out the OTA's and the mini-camp as a warning that he's serious. It will be up to the Bills to make the next move, but not giving him a new deal would be a serious mistake.

I'm sure his agent has been angling for a new deal for awhile and used sitting out the OTA's and the mini-camp as a warning that he's serious. It will be up to the Bills to make the next move, but not giving him a new deal would be a serious mistake.

yea but I think Buffalo realizes that this guy is the guy they really need to re-sign..I dont see any reason for stunts to show seriuosness...ok sure Buffalo might have and might still wait till Peters last year to re-sign but players need to be at ota's this year seeings we are so close to turning this team arround and due to new OC.

Peters should just play one more year, then get his deal. He does deserve a pay day though, and we need him in camp. But we need to lock up Evans first. Crowell too.

I'd love to see Buffalo re-sign Evans and I hope they do....Crowell Im not to worried about...Im hopeing that Bowens can be good or that the Bills might draft a Poz style OLB in next years draft...I say re-sign Crowell after and only if Evans and Peters are paid...I'd like to see what Banks has also.

I'd love to see Buffalo re-sign Evans and I hope they do....Crowell Im not to worried about...Im hopeing that Bowens can be good or that the Bills might draft a Poz style OLB in next years draft...I say re-sign Crowell after and only if Evans and Peters are paid...I'd like to see what Banks has also.

Bowens has sleeper written all over him. He is fast and if he beefs up a bit he could be decent. I think he's gonna be a beast on ST.

I like Crowell, we drafted him and he's solid all around. But if he has a monster year he may be asking for more money then we would care to offer. While drafting may be good, it is risky. Crowell is a proven commodity whose really begun to turn himself into a good football player ever since he cracked the starting rotation in '05. And at 26 he's just hitting his prime, I expect a big year out of him. The guy fills the stat sheet.

Evans is priority number one, Peters is number two.